New (soon to be) Owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: New (soon to be) Owner

Post by PCX150Rider »

A picture is worth a thousand words as they say. . . :lol:
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

PCX150Rider wrote:A picture is worth a thousand words as they say. . . :lol:
I learn from the best. It's an homage to homie. Giggles. :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

One more thing. . .make sure you rename the file something different so you will end up having both the original file and the new "resized" file in your folder. Most of the time I just rename files using a letter or number. Like if the original file I wanted to resize was called 022017.jpg I would rename it 022017a.jpg when I was going to "save as" in the folder I wanted.

You can also make copies of your original images in a different folder first so if you screw something up then you have a backup file somewhere. Remember that if you just "save" a file it will overwrite the original. Windows usually prompts you with a warning that let's you know you already have a file by that name and do you want to replace it with this one? Make sure you use "save as" and give it a new name when you do. The idea is to end up with the "original file" plus the new "resized file". Up to you and how you want to run your project. . . :geek:
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

And always wipe front to back.

Sorry, I needed a giggle to rinse off the stupid from that other thread... :roll:
Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Post by Chapel77 »

Started a new thread for the screen, thanks for the advice re photo resize :D
Living the Honda Dream!
Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Chapel77 »

Quick update on my PCX.

Now done 1100 miles over the past 4 months since my purchase. Would have done more, but work got in the way and had to use my car instead of the scooter for various reasons. Hopefully now things have settled down and the scooter will be used more from now on. Had the running in service done, free of charge as part of the package, no problems whatsoever. No rattles, squeaks etc! Averaging around 135 imperial mpg overall.

Happy so far with my purchase, does everything I wanted and expected, I knew when purchasing it I wouldn't be expecting it to do 70mph on the motorway! Most of my journeys are on country roads so the PCX is ideal for the 40-55mph range I travel. Ride wise, yes a bit bumpy on some of the roads, but wouldn't call it uncomfortable, and certainly better than my last scooter! Brakes, been fine for me, don't exactly hammer my scooter, I'm used to my scooter slipping around a bit, the amount of cow shit and gravel on the roads on my journey is unreal! The joys of living in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by farms and fields!

Found the seat a bit uncomfortable at first, didn't feel able to stretch my legs as much as I would have liked, but I've found the hump in the seat has 'bedded in' a bit and softened off, this together with putting my feet on the upswept area of the footboard gives me the space I need. I've changed the standard screen to a taller one, was getting a bit of buffering to my chest with the standard one. No other changes made, nothing planned at the moment.

Storage wish I happy, far bigger than my previous scooter. Use the front cubbyhole for my waterproof overtrousers, jacket and bag cover. Have a couple of bungi-cords which I keep under the seat to secure bags etc to the rear section of the seat, haven't looked into a top box as I'm not a fan of them. All my other work stuff, shopping, bits and pieces go under the seat. My helmet (Caberg Duke) doesn't fit under the seat, but I've never left my helmet in my scooter, have a hanger at home and a shelf at work I prefer to use.

Anything I'm not happy with.......because of the roads I travel the back of the scooter around the exhaust, the airbox and belt cover gets absolutely mingling, much more so than my last scooter. Find myself armed with a waffle cloth and drying towel more than is healthy, or so the wife says! Service wise, my PCX is on the 2500 mile service interval rather than the now 4000 mile schedule, a bit of a bugger, will stick to that whilst under warranty, then do most of the servicing myself. Other than that, no other complaints so far!

Looking forward to a lot more miles in the future!
Living the Honda Dream!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Chapel77 wrote:Took photos on my camera, too big to upload onto here.

If anyone can advise how to resize I will put them up here!

Thanks!
Congratulations!!! yes lets see the new scoot.
Hey I wanted to talk to you about your interest in a vigorous run in. I'm a believer in the mototune procedure and have documented results on a recent top end rebuild Harley engine. The proof in the compression results, its that simple but who will compare them? I would very much like to know what your decision is going to be for break in on your scooter. Will you follow the owners manual carefully nursing the engine for 300 miles changing the oil at 600 OR will you go with mototune?

All we have to do is take before and after compression tests with two new owners. Will you participate?

Now here is fair warning; I would absolutely recommend aggressive run in on a used engine with new rings however all the other moving parts on a NEW clutch bike MAY NOT benefit. But we have scooters, so lets think about these other parts :D
Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Chapel77 »

Think my scooter is broken in now!

Running in was simple, took it a bit easy for the first few hundred miles, no full bore starts, no heavy braking. Done for some mechanical sympathy, but also to learn the new characteristics of the PCX.

Is there a difference between the two trains of thought in regards to running in, I don't know!!! If you would like to swim the Atlantic to visit me and do a compression test, you are more than welcome!!!

My scooter is running fine, I'm happy and that's all that matters to me!!!
Living the Honda Dream!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Chapel77 wrote:Think my scooter is broken in now!

Running in was simple, took it a bit easy for the first few hundred miles, no full bore starts, no heavy braking. Done for some mechanical sympathy, but also to learn the new characteristics of the PCX.
Ok no worries, glad you are happy with your new bike. These things are not critical to average ownership. Scooters come and scooters go but some of these guys want to run them for a hundred thousand miles. The typical consumer does not want to be bothered with a 50 mile conventional oil change and then again at 1500 switching to synthetic from there. What mototune gear heads are after is exceptional compression by ring seal for performance only. The long term prevention of gasses passing the rings into the crankcase is a secondary benefit for the hundred thousand mile crowd and this is where the topic of break in becomes debatable. Manufacturers make the choice to discard the extra effort and attention to break in for obvious reasons :roll: Anyone can build things that last forever but then go out of business in the long run :lol: