Anybody had a stuck on swingarm?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

tonypcx125uk
Year: 2011
Color: silver

Anybody had a stuck on swingarm?

Post by tonypcx125uk »

Help I've tried everything and it just won't budge. I have removed all the bolts and exhaust to remove wheel to get to a faulty speedo sensor and removed the wheel nut and washer but the swingarm just won't come away.Anybody know anywhere near to me in Orpington Kent or my work in the Vauxhall/Pimlico area that I can remove all the other parts and they just bash the swingarm off for me using a machine? Any advice would be gladly appreciated.
Dragon_uk
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: Anybody had a stuck on swingarm?

Post by Dragon_uk »

If you got the exhaust off, wheel nut and washer off, two 14mm bolts at the front of swingarm off and it still doesnt wonna come off jump on your bike (I know its raining mate) and come over to me in Thornton Thornton heath, I have nice 2/3 arm bigish bearing puller that will have it off in no time.
tonypcx125uk
Color: silver

Post by tonypcx125uk »

hi dragon uk

That's really good of you mate can you pm me your phone number and let me know when's convenient and I will pop over and see you.

Thanks mate appreciate your help Tony
stevecbr
Color: white

Post by stevecbr »

Yes, had that when i changed my tyres last year, was a right pain to get off. I ended up hammering wooded wedges between the rear wheel hub and swingarm, it came of in the end with no damage
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Lay scoot over on its side, preferably on a piece of carpeting or something soft. have someone steady the rear wheel as securely as possible on both sides of wheel or tire, Now with hands on opposed of swingarm, Strongly and RAPIDLY rock the swingarm to and fro, it should loosen and come off. Squirt in some WD40 around the shaft while its on its side before you start.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
Dragon_uk
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Dragon_uk »

Thought bit of an update.
Tony came to me last weekend and it took both of us putting a lot of force using two 3foot long crowbars between wheel and swingarm but it gave in in the end.
There was tiny bit of rust holding wheel bearing onto the wheel shaft but enough for it to feel as it was welded on lol.