Heated grips

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Declare1066
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Heated grips

Post by Declare1066 »

Hubby treated me to some Oxford heated grips and they are excellent so I can continue riding for a bit longer, I could do with some guidance on if I can use something to keep the wind off my hands - sorry don't know any technical terms - yes I am wearing gloves before you ask :lol:

We looked at handle bar mits but got to admit that I really didn't like them and felt very unsafe in them so much prefer heated grips as hands are still free moving.

Value any suggestions

Tracey
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Heated grips

Post by homie »

There are windscreens that provide for some deflection if not just a pair of fairings. I own none of this hardware but others will show you I bet.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

Declare1066 wrote:Hubby treated me to some Oxford heated grips and they are excellent so I can continue riding for a bit longer, I could do with some guidance on if I can use something to keep the wind off my hands - sorry don't know any technical terms - yes I am wearing gloves before you ask :lol:

We looked at handle bar mits but got to admit that I really didn't like them and felt very unsafe in them so much prefer heated grips as hands are still free moving.

Value any suggestions

Tracey
Hi Tracey,

What about heated Gloves, I would think this would be even better. To answer your question, YES, there are wind deflectors for your hands. They look like " Bark Busters " Plastic that mounts on handlebar and shields hands. This combined with heated grips will make a big difference.

Mike
atpcop
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by atpcop »

How did the install go with the oxford grips? I saw these koso heated grips and really liked the integrated design of the switch. I thought about buying a set but, I'm not sure if they would fit the 2017 PCX150.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I'm not sure I like the price. £££££+++++
Declare1066

Post by Declare1066 »

Thank you for your help, does anyone know where I could purchase the wind deflectors, I've done a google search but again I'm not sure I'm looking at the correct sort for my scooter.

The bike shop seemed to think that I cant purchase them for this scooter
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

Declare1066 wrote:Thank you for your help, does anyone know where I could purchase the wind deflectors, I've done a google search but again I'm not sure I'm looking at the correct sort for my scooter.

You can put aftermarket wind deflectors for your hands and put them ANY motorcycle or scooter, and anyone that knows anything about bikes very well knows this. Your bike shop just did not want to deal with it, and gave you bad advice to get you out of there.

Mike
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

Declare1066 wrote:Thank you for your help, does anyone know where I could purchase the wind deflectors, I've done a google search but again I'm not sure I'm looking at the correct sort for my scooter.

make your own,just get a empty 5 ltr,container,cut it in half,from the neck,and attach it on,it look bad,but it does the job.
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by riding@100mpg »

i purchased from twisted throttle some hand guards that are semi-hard instead of rigid and they work really well. they are flexible enough to bend when at full lock of steering on the handlebars to give enough when they hit my large givi winscreen. they also come closer around your hands to stop the wind. easy to install and remove,except getting the bar ends off,you will need an impact driver for that. they are described as barkbuster bbz cold weather protection universal hand guards. the nice thing also,they are universal and fit most all bikes. first time to install,probably about an hour. after that 10 minutes. easy to remove in the spring. you still retain your bar end weights.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Great info! Can you post us a photo so we can see? Yes, I've read those dang bar end bolts are a pita to even nudge/budge. Battle Won, Success is Yours!! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dick the den »

or even cheaper,buy the largest pair of kitchin rubber gloves,or when you fill up with petrol,grab some of them clear over things that are on display,thats does take some rain/cold off your hands.
atpcop
Year: 2017

Post by atpcop »

WhiteNoise wrote:Great info! Can you post us a photo so we can see? Yes, I've read those dang bar end bolts are a pita to even nudge/budge. Battle Won, Success is Yours!! 8)

They're no match for an impact wrench!
Clivebroad
Year: 2011

Post by Clivebroad »

I fitted Oxford Commuter heated grips to my PCX125 and they are great,I don't find the need for anything else as they keep my hands nice ant toastie.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Declare1066 wrote:Thank you for your help, does anyone know where I could purchase the wind deflectors, I've done a google search but again I'm not sure I'm looking at the correct sort for my scooter. The bike shop seemed to think that I cant purchase them for this scooter
Check this thread - several PCX owners have fitted these and they work very well (many pics of them in use on the FB PCX pages) - http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=211#p95985
Keeping the stock bar end weights, you will need to purchase some cheap new bolts as mentioned in the thread.
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by outlander »

I didn't think the pcx could handle heated grips?

Any pics of the install?
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dick the den »

My Honda vision 110i,has got them on,and I have had no problems.
mowzertron
Color: Brown

Post by mowzertron »

outlander wrote:I didn't think the pcx could handle heated grips?

Any pics of the install?
I've installed Oxford Hot Grips Premium Touring Heated Grips OF691 (from eBay) and they work fine. Install is relatively simple. Two major snags

1) removing bar ends. You will need an impact driver to remove as they're secured with Red Locktite. Don't try without tools as you will damage screws.
2) feeding power from battery to front of cycle - I had to remove back panel, seat and the underseat luggage box. Thread the power cable supplied from battery, downwards through cycle then towards front end, emerging above front wheel. I found it easier to attach power cable to a stretched wire coat hanger with tape, then feeding it through bike. (Saves removing side panels).
Wazzycabbage
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl white

Post by Wazzycabbage »

Bar ends are easy with a pipe wrench and rubber to protect metal/paint work !!!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

If you haven't got a pipe wrench, just drill the screws out with 2, 4 and then 6mm drills - they screws will get hot and the loctite melt - if the screw head is drilled out completely using the 6mm drill (being 6mm screws), pull the bar end off and grab the now loose screw and turn it. Replace with hex bolts is best. Takes a few minutes per bar end.
masator
Year: 2018

Post by masator »

Clivebroad wrote:I fitted Oxford Commuter heated grips to my PCX125 and they are great,I don't find the need for anything else as they keep my hands nice ant toastie.
Did you have to drill the plastic to install them?