Rode in DENSE fog today for first time....

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Rode in DENSE fog today for first time....

Post by happyscooter »

rode to work today at 7:45 am and fog was so dense. it was totally fogging up my face shield i had to flip it up and ride with the cold wind hitting my face. had glasses on but they started to gather millions of beads of water droplets on them....could hardly see and had to take frequent let go's of the handle to wipe my glasses...Fog not fun!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Rode in DENSE fog today for first time....

Post by Taz »

slice a raw potato and rub it on inside of visor to stop visor fogging up. And Rainex on the outside of the visor can stop droplets sticking to it. Of course you dont always have these stored under the seat :)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Shaving cream works amazingly as well -- rub it on your glasses and the visor, then rub it off. A tiny film will remain, keeping moisture off.

I've ridden through thick fog like that in the mountains before. I ended up driving without my glasses or visor, and got totally soaked as a result. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Catcrap visor anti fog repellent works for me
happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by happyscooter »

nice thanks for the tips i'll try them
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

You may want to invest in a better helmet with a pinlock visor.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Cold weather has hit here so I'm already getting fog a bit. I can recommend a Foggy Mask to help prevent fogging inside the face shield. My helmet doesn't support pinlocks which is a shame as they also work ok.
http://www.respro.com/products/racing/o ... oggy_mask/

On the outside is a bigger issue and at least my gloves have a wiper on the left hand. But I have hit freezing fog that just instantly forms ice on the visor, have to try the shaving cream trick.
happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by happyscooter »

nice link nobody! im gonna get me one of them :)
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by djcat »

Foggy mask never worked for me, I couldn't get my helmet on over my face with it...but then I was told I got a big fronthead...my Arai got a pinlock insert which is worth its weight in gold, so is the glove rain wiper I got for a fiver, now even less: http://www.getgeared.co.uk/Glove_Rain_Wiper .
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

+1 on the pinlock and finger wiper blade thing (I've got two in case I lose one - tie a bit of elastic to it and wrap it round your glove's velcro cuff strap thing)

I hate wearing spectacles in cold weather when riding - misting up etc. - I'm going to invest in some contacts.