Speed ?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Re: Speed ?

Post by JetPilot »

swampass wrote:They are all pretty pokey for the most part in comparison to their motorcycle counterparts. If I want to go fast, I hop on my GSXS-1000.
OMG, Even an F-16 fighter jet feel slow compared to the GSXS-1000.... That just ruins you for anything else.

I looked at the S-Max, but it does not have ABS, that is an absolute deal killer for me. I have 1 motorcycle with ABS, and 9 without ABS, so I am darn good at not locking up the brakes. I ride lots of dual sport / dirt. BUT, I am smart enough to know that when I really need to stop now is exactly when I am most likely to screw up the braking. I can practice braking all day long no problem, but a panic stop is exactly where your performance is likely to be at its lowest.

Mike
pullin_gs
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by pullin_gs »

JetPilot wrote:
pullin_gs wrote: It was TWICE as expensive!!! PS: I paid $2999 (3300 out the door) for my NEW 2014 Forza a year ago.
How did you get that kind of a deal on a Forza ???? Where ??? Washington DC is a pretty expensive area, not what I would expect from there.

I got quoted 7000 dollars out the door for a 2016 Forza with ABS from my local dealer :|

Mike
You paid over 6K for yours (ABS or not!)?!

$2999:
http://www.trackntrail.net/Scooters-Hon ... 81002ca7ce
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

pullin_gs wrote: You paid over 6K for yours (ABS or not!)?!

$2999:
http://www.trackntrail.net/Scooters-Hon ... 81002ca7ce
Hi Pullin GS,

Thanks for the link, that is an amazing deal. I did not get one, I am holding out to see if there will be an improved 2017 model FORZA. When I do get one, it will have ABS... I would not purchase a non ABS model at any price... Not even 2999

ABS will save me more than that with the first accident it prevents.

Mike
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

JetPilot wrote:I am holding out to see if there will be an improved 2017 model FORZA.
Extremely unlikely.
The 2016 major trade shows have come and gone and no such scooter has been shown.
Rumours on the net are just that, rumours.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

gn2 wrote:
JetPilot wrote:I am holding out to see if there will be an improved 2017 model FORZA.
Extremely unlikely.
The 2016 major trade shows have come and gone and no such scooter has been shown.
Rumours on the net are just that, rumours.
Hi GN2,

I have to agree, Extremely unlikely. But given that it is late November, I would feel really dumb to buy a 2016 now, and then see a improved 2107 FORZA announced next week. I will wait until January when a improved 2017 model, or discontinueation of the Forza is confirmed from Honda.

Mike
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If you're in the colder parts of the northern hemisphere it would be daft to buy any new two wheeler right now unless you're getting a really good deal.
Best to wait till better weather imo.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong