What is your cage?

When weather goes to crap, you still have to get there somehow...

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: What is your cage?

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) That's the Nissan Cube! :D Year? S or SL trim?
I remember when I first saw one on the road o_O "What was that" (Exclamation point)
I never saw one up close but was always curious about them. Who knows, with it's odd appearance it may end up being a collectible :P

Are you happy with it (still?) let's here the pros and cons (please?)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

2009 Cube the base model. Its got everything I need cruise, Power windows and locks, AC.

Pros- nothing today is like it, feels sooooo spacious, tall people car, very easy to get in out of, soft ride, easy to park, very wide front seats, armrest.

Cons- 25mpg overall, not sporty handling but who buys a cube for sporty handling? no full size spare

I just put a full size spare in the back, other than the MPG, its freaky awesome. I would choose a light interior the dark grey inside is kind of dreary.
:geek:
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Best car I've ever had was a 2006 Scion xB.
35 mpg everywhere.
Nothing had more headroom than these 1st generation xBs.
Plenty of glass.
Big rear seating area.
Underside stayed cleaner and more rust free than any car I've been under. ABS & traction control standard on all of them. Inexpensive to buy and own.
Consumer mags rated it a best used buy for yrs.
Drunk crushed it while parked last year.
Toyota totally lost the plot with the 2nd gen. models...but still a good purchase.
Fish
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

fish wrote:Best car I've ever had was a 2006 Scion xB.
35 mpg everywhere.
Plenty of glass.
Big rear seating area.
Underside stayed cleaner and more rust free than any car I've been under. ABS & traction control standard on all of them. Inexpensive to buy and own.
Toyota totally lost the plot with the 2nd gen. models...but still a good purchase.
Fish

Sadly those cheap boxy cars are gone now probably forever due to car maker wanting aerodynamic designs which are are comfortable to me since the windshield is plastered on your face.
:geek:
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

87112 wrote:
fish wrote:Best car I've ever had was a 2006 Scion xB.
35 mpg everywhere.
Plenty of glass.
Big rear seating area.
Fish

Sadly those cheap boxy cars are gone now probably forever due to car maker wanting aerodynamic designs which are are comfortable to me since the windshield is plastered on your face.
Probably gone from N. America....but wager they remain hugely popular in Asia!
Fish
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

My for fun rides..Avalanche and G6 for camping and wife
Attachments
pcx corvette.jpg
pcx corvette.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 4792 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

easyrider wrote:My for fun rides..Avalanche and G6 for camping and wife

Oh, I'd have the corvette
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Black

Post by ScottDR »

Here is my cage. Automajic and averages 35 US MPG in town and a consistent 43 on long road trips into the states. Not a hybrid... But a 2007 mid model LX with air, cruise control, power locks and windows.
Attachments
phpCtqOvPPM.jpg
phpCtqOvPPM.jpg (69.07 KiB) Viewed 4590 times
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork, mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Well, I finally replaced my poor little Hyundai Santa Fe that was totaled in 2015. I found a nice used Volvo V70 T5 wagon (5 cylinder turbo). It has 134,000 on it but drives and runs great. I have had two other Volvos in my driving lifetime and both lasted into the 250,000 mile range on the engines. My wife had an 850 turbo wagon very similar to this V70, and she really enjoyed it. We traded it in at 283,000 miles just because we wanted a new car. I have a friend who has over 600,000 miles on his.
I don't know why American manufacturers can't make a car that lasts like the European and Asian manufacturers do.(The exception being the BMW). I won't buy an American car. They look good, but every one of the ones I bought in the past turned into junk within 30,000 miles. If it wasn't the engine, it was the rest of the car. Some of the American built vehicles I leased were not worth the money I paid just to lease them. (Imagine a car that is in the shop every week, and you will know what I mean).
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Black

Post by ScottDR »

I hear you Mel. I'm not sure of the percentage on this Ohio built Civic, but my 1996 was 93% made in the USA (the highest of any car sold in the USA that year). I bought that 1996 new and just sold it 2 years ago. Not even an alternator change by the time I sold it. Same goes for the other 3 Honda cars I've owned with a combined mileage of over 1.4 million miles. Sadly one was lost due to being hit and totaled by a drunk driver at only 142,000 miles(but it did is job as I'm still around). I still miss that Integra.

With 3 of my siblings we have had a combined total of mileage in Honda cars ranging in the 5 million area with extremely few repairs beyond maintenance. Another sibling sticks with domestic name plates and even doing most all repairs himself he can't afford to keep any past around 100,000 miles. So he changes cars seemingly all the time in comparison.
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork, mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mel46 wrote:Well, I finally replaced my poor little Hyundai Santa Fe that was totaled in 2015. I found a nice used Volvo V70 T5 wagon (5 cylinder turbo). It has 134,000 on it but drives and runs great. I have had two other Volvos in my driving lifetime and both lasted into the 250,000 mile range on the engines. My wife had an 850 turbo wagon very similar to this V70, and she really enjoyed it. We traded it in at 283,000 miles just because we wanted a new car. I have a friend who has over 600,000 miles on his.
I don't know why American manufacturers can't make a car that lasts like the European and Asian manufacturers do.(The exception being the BMW). I won't buy an American car. They look good, but every one of the ones I bought in the past turned into junk within 30,000 miles. If it wasn't the engine, it was the rest of the car. Some of the American built vehicles I leased were not worth the money I paid just to lease them. (Imagine a car that is in the shop every week, and you will know what I mean).
If there is no picture, it didn't happen. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

You got to love trucks. My bread and butter 2005 Kenworth
Attachments
2005 kenworth.JPG
2005 kenworth.JPG (344.97 KiB) Viewed 4548 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

That picture says BC all over it. :)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

You need a picture to know that it exists?? OK, here are pictures. It is sleeping in our carport. Don't mind the dirt on it. It is actually pollen and bird 'stuff'.
My V70 - front view.jpg
My V70 - front view.jpg (130.23 KiB) Viewed 4524 times
My V70 - back view.jpg
My V70 - back view.jpg (134.99 KiB) Viewed 4524 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you