Another 2014 - 2015 Forza Recall in US

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Re: Another 2014 - 2015 Forza Recall in US

Post by dergav »

In a strange way gn2 comments may show what a great bike the Forza is. With his knowledge of the general bike market and after all the negative experiences he has had to cope with with his bike he may still keep it . That is almost a recommendation for the Forza. I suppose gn2 that deciding what to change it for is a dilema given that even after your experiences the bike still holds great attraction.
You have done a considerable mileage. What total mileage do you think the Forza could do in a Forza300 lifetime? Is mileage rather than years the real measure of the life span of a bike? I am just hoping my Forza will last and last.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

With proper maintenance I don't think there is a limit to how long it will last either in terms of years or mileage.
The problem with high mileage is striking a balance between what the servicing/repairs cost and what the scooter is worth.
I have been quoted between £1000 and £2000 as trade-in value against different machines and one dealer simply refused to take it at all.
A colleague at work has offered me £1000 to buy when spring comes.
The main reasons I'm keeping it instead of buying the new bike I am hankering after... winter is almost upon us and a. a scooter is better in the cold and wet and b. don't want to ride my brand new shiny new thing with all its shiny new lovliness on salty winter roads.
The true test will come in the spring once the salt has been washed away and the weather improved.
I'll be back to the familiar question, sort out the Forza's cosmetics and keep it or trade for something new.
Decisions, decisions.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

gn2 - Where is NE Scotland? I asked google and it says the east side halfway up.

In Canada, Northern Ontario starts at lower latitude than southern British Columbia although we think of Vancouver and Toronto as southern cities in their respective provinces at the same latitude (but they aren't). The perceptions are strange and confusing to foreigners.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Google is correct.
I'm in Aberdeenshire
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

gn....is the Sym 300 or 600 on your radar ...never actually seen one of them I dont think but pics look good as does spec. owners seem to like them.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

They have kph biased speedos which would be a deal breaker for me irrespective of how good everything else is.

The current Joymax 300 is a nice machine, have seen one on the road a few times, looks really good, nicer than a Forza, its now for sale at a local dealer where I believe it got traded for an Xmax 400.
I'm not too keen on the Maxsym 600, haven't seen one up close but yes, owners tend to rave about it.
Maybe if I got up close to one my opinion might be more favourable.
Some time ago the importer said he would do a roadshow of demonstrators and come to Edinburgh but it never happened.
I'm not at all impressed by the importer tbh.
Syms are probably slightly better than Thai Honda in terms of build quality, but the list price for new ones is far too high imo.

If you asked me the simple question "are the Joymax 300 and Maxsym 600 good scooters?" the simple answer would be a definite yes.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:gn2 - Where is NE Scotland? I asked google and it says the east side halfway up.

In Canada,

That's right. Scotland north (top) and east (right). Google isn't stupid.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Aberdeen seems to be barely halfway up Scotland according to my maps or maybe they don't count the smaller islands. Dundee is definitely not in the northern part of Scotland. I guess these people are probably related to Columbus who thought he was in India and therefore the people he met were Indians.

We have the same geographically confused people in Canada who think that Toronto is the centre of the universe.

I think my grandmother considered anything north of London to not be worth even considering and then she married a Welshman. The family disowned her.

But hey Harley's are better than Honda's.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

davenowherejones wrote:But hey Harley's are better than Honda's.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

davenowherejones wrote: We have the same geographically confused people in Canada who think that Toronto is the centre of the universe.
That is so funny, since we all know the USA is the only place on earth that really matters. Poor Canadians really lost an opportunity when they did not become US states # 51 - 60....

If you were in the US, you would have like 10 different choices for the Rear Tire on your Honda Forza :D

Mike
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

There are only four tyres made in the correct size for a Honda Forza 300.
And quite often one of them are available in the USA
Richard
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by Richard »

Got my recall notice today.....according to letter it should take no more than .5 of an hour....fuel pump again.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Half an hour to check but will need more time if replacement is required.
Got my letter today as well, that's three recalls and six warranty repairs in three years.
Pretty poor.
Richard
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by Richard »

gn2 wrote:Half an hour to check but will need more time if replacement is required.
Got my letter today as well, that's three recalls and six warranty repairs in three years.
Pretty poor.

You could look from another point of view and think pretty good...they have bothered to keep track and rectify any component that may not come up to our high standard
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012

Post by lolofigo »

gn2 wrote:With proper maintenance I don't think there is a limit to how long it will last either in terms of years or mileage.
The problem with high mileage is striking a balance between what the servicing/repairs cost and what the scooter is worth.
I have been quoted between £1000 and £2000 as trade-in value against different machines and one dealer simply refused to take it at all.
A colleague at work has offered me £1000 to buy when spring comes.
The main reasons I'm keeping it instead of buying the new bike I am hankering after... winter is almost upon us and a. a scooter is better in the cold and wet and b. don't want to ride my brand new shiny new thing with all its shiny new lovliness on salty winter roads.
The true test will come in the spring once the salt has been washed away and the weather improved.
I'll be back to the familiar question, sort out the Forza's cosmetics and keep it or trade for something new.
Decisions, decisions.
I would buy it for £1000. Might even add one of them new plastic fivers on top.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

Richard wrote:Got my recall notice today.....according to letter it should take no more than .5 of an hour....fuel pump again.
Same here,and it was also 3 years ago on my last scoot.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

dick the den wrote:
Richard wrote:Got my recall notice today.....according to letter it should take no more than .5 of an hour....fuel pump again.
Same here,and it was also 3 years ago on my last scoot.
Most of the mechanics around here have never even seen a Forza. It will take longer than .5 hour to figure out how to remove the plastics. It will take way more than .5 hour to repair all the broken plastics. A Forza is a very rare machine here.
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

SteveP wrote:Just got the notice in the mail today for my 2014 Forza. NHTSA Recall 16v-661. It says the fuel pump cover may swell, causing pump to stop turning. Apparently parts are now availiable, as it says to call dealer. Had the original pump replaced on first recall...took dealer 3 tries to do it without creating a fuel leak...hope they've learned to do it right now! I have 12,000 miles on the scooter now...about 8000 with the replacement fuel pump. I've always tried to use fuel without alcohol...maybe that has helped prevent the swelling they're concerned with?
It's been now over 2 weeks since I stopped by the dealer and they said they would order the new fuel pump...still not it! You'd think Honda would have them ready to ship out immediately! I'm still riding my Forza, without any problems...but it's irritating.