Another 2014 - 2015 Forza Recall in US

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Webini1963
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Red

Another 2014 - 2015 Forza Recall in US

Post by Webini1963 »

Honda has announced another STOP SALE NOTICE of specific VINs for 2014 and 2015 model years Forza (NSS300/A) scooters and Grom 125 motorcycles to replace the fuel pump.

You may remember, Honda released a recall on the Honda Grom & Honda Forza last year. Honda has determined that the original remedy fuel pump used to repair the Grom & Forza models does not meet Honda durability standards.

Effective immediately, dealers MUST NOT SELL any affected New or Used 2014 – 2015 Grom motorcycles or 2014 – 2015 Forza 300 scooters until it is repaired according to the revised Service Bulletin procedure.

Check VIN # here: http://sports.honda.com/recalls.aspx
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Another 2014 - 2015 Forza Recall in US

Post by davenowherejones »

How about Canada???
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

Webini1963 wrote:Check VIN # here: http://powersports.honda.com/recalls.aspx
My 2014 is apparently not affected.
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

davenowherejones wrote:How about Canada???
No accountability for Honda in Canada, but if Honda wants to sell Forza and Grom here in the states they must not ALL fail over the SAME part.

Good news... its just a part
Attachments
doc.jpg
doc.jpg (6.21 KiB) Viewed 3535 times
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

MBMyer wrote:
Mine isn't either.
Webini1963
Year: 2014 Forza

Post by Webini1963 »

homie wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:How about Canada???
No accountability for Honda in Canada, but if Honda wants to sell Forza and Grom here in the states they must not ALL fail over the SAME part.

Good news... its just a part
Apparently the only VINs impacted are the Forzas that were subject to the first recall. The replacement part they used is faulty.

My 2014 is clear.
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

I had the first recall, but nothing this time. Maybe it will take a little time for the recalls on bikes already sold to show up on the site.
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

I had the fuel pump replaced on my 2014 on first recall. Nothing now shows up using my VIN #....wonder if this "ne rexcall" isn't actually the original one that has somehow been recycled in error?
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

Well, the recall is real in Greece too. Kind of expansion of the first one (in my opinion, THIS is a disaster: a recall for a previous recall, fortunately i didn't accept the first recall anyway). SH 150, SH Mode & Forza 300. As for our scooters, it affects the ones assembled/manufactured in 2013.
Jerseybiker
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Post by Jerseybiker »

Says there is a recall but no remedy yet. Guess we have to wait until the figure out how to fix it.

Mine had 2 recalls now, this and the rear brake. Calling the dealer to see what they want to do.
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

keep checking your VIN number on the Honda page as I think they are ongoing/ updating. Checked mine last week and it advised my VIN was included in the recall but only mentioned the SH125 and 150..not the Forza?......so as I had not received any notification I emailed Honda UK asking for clarity. Their reply was to confirm my recall and say that they are in the process of updating and sending out notifications and ensuring dealers had stock of the required part etc......so sounded like work in progress. Originally the recall only covered the SH125 and 150 ....but was later expanded to include the Forza NSS300 .....at least in UK.
From the description of the fault it seems like a differant fault to the earlier fuel pump recall....irritating but as Homie says "its just a part". In previous times I suspect they would possibly not have bothered recalling...but the WEB has made everyone more informed etc...a good thing....or perhaps their build quality was better supervised in previous times.Anyway these recalls across the Globe must be costing them big time.
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

MBMyer wrote:

Well, it wasn't listed before, but it is now. And, as stated above, there is no fix yet.
6 other previous bikes
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

MBMyer wrote:
MBMyer wrote:

Well, it wasn't listed before, but it is now. And, as stated above, there is no fix yet.
Here's a screen shot of what I now find when I go to the recall page and enter my VIN.
Attachments
FullSizeRender 4.jpg
FullSizeRender 4.jpg (170.58 KiB) Viewed 3135 times
6 other previous bikes
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

Just got the notice in the mail today for my 2014 Forza. NHTSA Recall 16v-661. It says the fuel pump cover may swell, causing pump to stop turning. Apparently parts are now availiable, as it says to call dealer. Had the original pump replaced on first recall...took dealer 3 tries to do it without creating a fuel leak...hope they've learned to do it right now! I have 12,000 miles on the scooter now...about 8000 with the replacement fuel pump. I've always tried to use fuel without alcohol...maybe that has helped prevent the swelling they're concerned with?
pullin_gs
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pullin_gs »

I got the notice today to.
Maybe I'll get to it this winter.
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

I just got to the mail and found my Forza 300 recall notice, too. I'll call the local shop tomorrow, but I'm sure that the replacement part(s) isn't (aren't) available yet.

SWMBO's main vehicle is a Honda Fit. It has three recalls on it, and we've been waiting for a few months for the new passenger airbag stuff to be in stock to get those done.

The Forza's seat "damper" (the piston that's supposed to hold the seat up) was replaced under warranty after waiting for a new part for several months. The replacement part doesn't do its job in cold weather, so I put in a marine hatch spring. http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GXI4RBG/

I lost track of the number of things that were fixed under warranty on the Goldwing, but they included nearly every microswitch on the bike, quite a few of which failed while I was hundreds of miles from home.

After decades of riding and driving Hondas, I think I'm going to start looking elsewhere.
6 other previous bikes
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Yeah, not as good as they used to be.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Well, the Forza seems to have more than it's fair share of problems - most other Honda bikes seem to be very reliable compared to (or with) the competition.
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

I Just received the latest recall notice as well. This one is more ominous sounding.

It explains that a new component (it specifically says it is NOT the resin bracket of the first recall) has been proven to fail on bikes with specific VINs.

it also implies that your warranty may be invalidated unless you have this part replaced.

It also clearly states that in California, the DMV will NOT renew your registration for any affected NSS300 until Proof of Correction certification is shown.

My experience with the Forza has been thousands of miles of trouble free riding,.

It is one of the most pleasant lightweight bikes I've ever owned.

I think many of it's issues come from improperly trained mechanics scattered liberally around the globe...Honda should have offered a better outreach program to insure factory trained mechanics are actually trained by the factory that makes the bikes....probably no longer possible in today's world.

I'm probably a poor choice as Defender of the Forza since I traded mine, for completely unrelated reasons, just last week...
I will miss her.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

For me the Forza has been a machine of opposites.
On one hand it has had numerous recalls and warranty repairs, enforced layups at the dealer waiting for parts, and on the other hand it has been an economical, perfect ride for my commuting needs these last three years.
In use it does absolutely everything I had hoped it would before I bought it.
As the mercury drops and the weather turns more hostile the Forza reminds me of the benefits of the scooter format.
I got the brake recall notice in April, still haven't got around to taking it in.
Should really get it done soon.
Will stick with it over the winter and see if I still want to trade it when spring comes.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong