Trade the PCX for this PCXish motorcycle?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Trade the PCX for this PCXish motorcycle?

Post by homie »

GatorGreg wrote:Hey Homie, it's fairly heavy, around 495lbs dry. As for hp, I think Honda claimed 104 horsepower when it came out, but most magazine reviews with dynos have it in the mid nineties I think. Many reviewers think it's underpowered but I'm very happy with it so far - although I would imagine someone used to supersports would be disappointed.
I don't think I would be too disappointed Gator, I'm only 92 hp @ 7500 rpm on 984cc's weighing in at 385 lbs, you ARE 100 lbs heavier and less cc but again very impressive performance considering it's not a thoroughbred race bike. If we put a couple professional riders on our street bikes at the track it would be FUN to watch. It's a good Honda with some big balls and I would be happy with that. Bigger is not better, rider and weight distribution :D It's a HONDA... woot!
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

[/quote]
Hey Zonker, I already made the trade. Main thing I miss about the PCX so far is the underseat storage - I already bought a nice Honda logoed backpack to carry odd stuff around that normally I would have shoved under the seat of the PCX. I love the riding position though - I feel more involved in the process - the PCX was so laid back and comfortable I would sometimes become a bit complacent - the Interceptor forces me to pay 100% attention to what I'm doing. I do like being more highway capable as I can ride my Interceptor to visit my Dad in no time and I'd love to take it on a cross country trip next summer.[/quote]

I resonate with the desire for more power--that is why I got both my Reflex and my Burgman. I just hope it wont be why I end up getting my Hayabusa.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

There is need for both, the bulk of miles this summer are on PCX. Example today twice to hardware store, not worth suiting up plus just waxed the big bike and there's road work everywhere. Out for a giant burrito and to check the pokemon gym in case some punk is flying his colors, again PCX. 11pm not willing wake the hood with the twins. So once again its PCX for the night ride :) PCX 4 - big bike zero
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

homie wrote:Out for a giant burrito and to check the pokemon gym in case some punk is flying his colors, again PCX.
Not sure if a giant burrito would fit Homie but I had no trouble fitting a quarter pounder with cheese and a medium frie under the rear seat cowl on my Interceptor :D Here's a night ride test of the Interceptor's LED lights on a trip to McDonald's:

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

GatorGreg wrote:Here's a night ride test of the Interceptor's LED lights on a trip to McDonald's .....
You won't fit on the new bike if you keep making night runs to McD's ;) :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

EXCELLENT! Illumination and HAZARDS... frac me thats a nice aray
Are those LED or HID headlamps? There seem to have a warm up time when you turned them on which would indicate HID.

If you ride PCX and you like Honda but want to step up your ride to a clutch bike the interceptor is obviously right where you want to be looking first. I am happy you are happy.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

homie wrote:EXCELLENT! Illumination and HAZARDS... frac me thats a nice aray
Are those LED or HID headlamps? There seem to have a warm up time when you turned them on which would indicate HID.

If you ride PCX and you like Honda but want to step up your ride to a clutch bike the interceptor is obviously right where you want to be looking first. I am happy you are happy.
Thanks Homie - they are LEDs, very similar to the '15+ PCX actually in that there are two low beams, one on each side. When you hit the high beams on the Interceptor it adds an additional LED array on each side closer to the center for a total of four, whereas on the PCX the high beams seem to add one more additional array in the center for a total of three. According to the owner's manual I can adjust them up and down but I've yet to play with that.

As you can see in the video they leave a bit to be desired IMO, especially when leaning into a turn, because of the severe light cutoff in the distance and a dead spot midrange - a common complaint on the Interceptor forums. But overall I love the lights on this thing.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

kramnala58 wrote:
GatorGreg wrote:Here's a night ride test of the Interceptor's LED lights on a trip to McDonald's .....
You won't fit on the new bike if you keep making night runs to McD's ;) :lol: :lol:
I'm hoping I'll be okay if I can resist the urge to supersize it :D
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

GatorGreg wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:
I'm hoping I'll be okay if I can resist the urge to supersize it :D
You super sized the bike so you might as well supersize the fries too. :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

GatorGreg wrote:
homie wrote: Interceptor forums.
there's a forum! 8)
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

kramnala58 wrote:You super sized the bike so you might as well supersize the fries too. :lol:
Haha well she is a bit hefty at around 500 lbs but she carries her weight extremely well like one of those plus sized models :D However, I will put her (not me :D ) on a diet and shed some weight with a lighter exhaust soon.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

homie wrote:
GatorGreg wrote:
homie wrote: Interceptor forums.
there's a forum! 8)
There's at least two good ones that I know of. I've already joined VFRWorld and there's also VFRDiscussion.
txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 13&14
Color: Rojox2

Post by txpcx13 »

So I ended up getting a Forza to add to the scoot collection. I need highway speeds every so often and still want good mpg so the Forza fits great next to the PCX. Also, I found a deal that I could not pass up on the Forza, 20 miles on the clock and $3,500 so I had to jump on it.
2013 Honda PCX (Red) - NCY 13g rollers, golden variator, drive face, YSS shocks, Givi E450
2014 Honda Forza (Red) - Adige 17g rollers, Kappa K466