WhiteNoise... where?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: WhiteNoise... where?

Post by kramnala58 »

kramnala58 wrote:
DailyRider wrote:Perhaps they know him over at http://www.nyscooterforum.com/
I do know WN is a member of some other forum(s), but I don't know which ones or if they are even scooter forums.
The username WhiteNoise is not listed as a member of the nyscooterforum.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

kramnala58 wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:
DailyRider wrote:Perhaps they know him over at http://www.nyscooterforum.com/
I do know WN is a member of some other forum(s), but I don't know which ones or if they are even scooter forums.
The username WhiteNoise is not listed as a member of the nyscooterforum.
Found a few users using WhiteNoise on other forums, but there is no guarantee they're our WhiteNoise :geek:

Has he/she ever posted on Facebook?
aka DrewJW
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise is male for sure, lives in upstate NY I think
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

DrewJW wrote:Found a few users using WhiteNoise on other forums, but there is no guarantee they're our WhiteNoise :geek: Has he/she ever posted on Facebook?
I have no idea about FB.
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

homie wrote:WhiteNoise is male for sure, lives in upstate NY I think
Not sure where you got your info, but WN's profile states Long Island as the location.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

I do recall that another member bought WN's former PCX over a year ago. I believe she was from down south somewhere, but had relatives in Pennsylvania and met WhiteNoise there to pick up the bike. Does anyone recall that? Maybe that member (I forget who she was) has WN's contact info and can follow up. I want to respect WN's privacy, but I sure am concerned.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Last post Aug 29 10:51 PM so you can ignore all those Long Island motorbike accidents prior to that date and there are a few. This one really spooked me http://wpri.com/2016/08/29/police-17-ye ... cle-crash/

I'm done looking after this image that was shown on the news and authenticated as not altered. Enough for me or I might not ride again o_O
Attachments
spooked.jpg
spooked.jpg (60.48 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh My God Everybody,...I am so sorry for upsetting so many of you!! I am well and alive here on Long Island. However I've been caught up in a whirlwind of misfortune. Not to myself, but to a dear one in the family.
If you will give me a bit more time I will come back with more.
I am overly choked up by your concern. I said it before and I'll say it again, "I love ya'll!" From the bottom of my WhiteNoise Nutty Heart!" xoxo
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

Take care and hope all goes well.
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

Yay!!
He's okay, probably just trying to help someone else :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Oh My God Everybody,...I am so sorry for upsetting so many of you!! I am well and alive here on Long Island.
Alrighty then, I guess we over reacted, sorry WN, glad you're OK. You don't owe us any explanation, your personal business.

WOW! we were going down a bad road really fast all by ourselves :oops: Lets clean this up, take down that spooky picture please
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

WN!!! It's normal for me to be gone, not so much you to be gone. Glad you're okay, and I hope things clear up with the family. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Good to know your still kicking WN.
aka DrewJW
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:.... I am well and alive here on Long Island.
Well, this is certainly good news to wake up to on the other side of the world. Thanks for stopping in to let us know you are okay. My prayers and thoughts will continue to be with you and your family as you help with the misfortune in the family. No need to rush back, we are just glad to know you are okay.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

homie wrote:Last post Aug 29 10:51 PM so you can ignore all those Long Island motorbike accidents prior to that date and there are a few. This one really spooked me http://wpri.com/2016/08/29/police-17-ye ... cle-crash/

I'm done looking after this image that was shown on the news and authenticated as not altered. Enough for me or I might not ride again o_O
This really should be studied in depth, not passed over. The driver--17 years old--had both marijuana and alcohol in the car. I don't know if they found these substances in his blood--takes a long time to get the results from blood tests. This driver lost control of his vehicle, crossed the meridian and met the motorcyclist head on--with predictable results.

How to avoid this kind of demise? That's a hard question. It would be easy, if "this kind of demise" included in its description a detail like: The accident occurred at 1:00 AM New Year's day at an intersection notoriously dangerous, even for that time and holiday occasion.

But this accident happened in broad daylight, 4 PM, at stretch in the road where probably no accident has happened in the history of its existence.

so what's the lesson? I would say: Just be aware that the roads are full of every kind of driver--not just sane, clear-eyed adults behaving in a relatively responsible, law-abiding, sober manner. There are also drunks, underage unlicensed brats, addicts, psychopaths, legally blind persons, people who are mentally deficient, people whose hearts are on the edge of a sudden massive failure, alzheimer's sufferers, people who are too age eaten to be still on the road--and yet are on the road....Just be aware of all this and maybe you will be able to pick up certain subtle signs and interpret them in the light of this knowledge in such fashion that you are not in the way when the craziness begins.

Cold comfort, I know.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by GatorGreg »

Glad to hear you're okay WN!
flyingzonker wrote:Just be aware that the roads are full of every kind of driver--not just sane, clear-eyed adults behaving in a relatively responsible, law-abiding, sober manner. There are also drunks, underage unlicensed brats, addicts, psychopaths, legally blind persons, people who are mentally deficient, people whose hearts are on the edge of a sudden massive failure, alzheimer's sufferers, people who are too age eaten to be still on the road--and yet are on the road....Just be aware of all this and maybe you will be able to pick up certain subtle signs and interpret them in the light of this knowledge in such fashion that you are not in the way when the craziness begins.
Holy cow Zonker - that's a sobering read! Lately my favorite curvy road has been crawling with cute little Bambies - I took this video earlier this week and then again last night I almost ran into 3 of the buggers having a party in the middle of the same road o_O

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

I did panic a little when I saw the posting of a recent motorcycle death and timing of your being away, but great news your ok WN!
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

Glad to see you're ok WN :)
Current Bike(s)~ (Casper) 2019 Honda Forza 125
Previous Bikes ~ (Rosie) 2018 Honda CB125R : (Stumpy) 2017 Honda MSX 125 (Grom) : (Ghost) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Lillith) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Gizmo) 2015 Sinnis Apache 125
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

WhiteNoise wrote:Oh My God Everybody,...I am so sorry for upsetting so many of you!! I am well and alive here on Long Island.
Hey, next time you go and disappear put a leave slip in first. Not sure if the delicate hearts here can stand another scare like that.

Glad you're back.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?