The Transfiguration of Natasha

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: The Transfiguration of Natasha

Post by kramnala58 »

Ishkabibble wrote:Wow, Mel... Ambitious. I simply don't know if I have the guts or motivation to take on a job like that.
Truth be known, I'm really worried about my ability to get everything put back together properly after I take the headlight out.
It occurred to me that I just might try ordering a European or Asian headlight assembly (empty, of course) and swap them out so that I don't have the front apart any longer than I have to. I just don't know if I have the skill or ability to do the complex job, so I've subconsciously put it off.
Adding running lights and things like that aren't major to me. Fiddling with the stock headlight assembly, well that's another animal entirely.
You are both well beyond my automotive and electrical abilities. I only wish I could do stuff like this.

Incidentally, I put blue lights in the empty sockets beside the headlight, although I can't recall off the top of my head if I was able to access them and did it myself or if I had the shop do it (very affordable in Thailand), as it was a couple of years ago that I did it. If my memory serves me correct, I was able to replace the headlight bulb, but it was quite difficult reaching in there. I believe I may have posted a "How To" on it.

BTW ... technically the blue lights do not conform to legal standards, but being Thailand, what isn't ignored can typically be looked after with a $3 (100 baht) "payment".
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by Ishkabibble »

Here in the US, or at least here in the part of Georgia where I live, and every redneck cop thinks they're Buford Pusser, blue lights on any vehicle is at minimum a $500 fine, and at most, having your vehicle impounded (at your expense, plus the fine) until the illegal "accessory" is rectified. By a mechanic of their choosing, also at your own expense. I know this because a couple of years ago, one of my students had a pickup truck that was "modded out" with all sorts of aftermarket lights, but it was the blue "underglow" lights that the county deputy took issue with. The kid showed me all sorts of paperwork as to why he missed the exam, and I could only shake my head and let him make it up. Last semester, I had a county deputy as a student, and asked him about it, and he told me that if there was so much as one blue light on a non-police vehicle, it was a huge problem.

And, Chicaboo, I wasn't remotely aware of the "wrong side of the road" issue. However, the only headlight units I have found so far, (after a cursory look) apparently have been US ones, as none of them seem to have the cutouts for the turn signals and DRLs. So I'll have to mod the thing anyway.

My big concern is that Honda did something special with the wiring harness, and it won't have the leads for the turn signals or the DRLs in it, and I'll have to tap lights and run extensions to the wiring in the existing stalk signals. I really don't like adding wiring, because I have little confidence in my soldering and crimping skills, but I guess if I get the right crimping tool and the right connectors, it would help.

Anyone have any idea exactly what type of connectors I need to get?
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Here is what they look like. On the Thai 2010 model, the blank openings are just below the headlight and the marker/turn indicator lights are just above the headlight. The blue lights are not as obvious when running because the headlight negates the brightness, but for the sake of the picture, I left the headlight off.
PCX Front 005_750x1200.jpg
PCX Front 005_750x1200.jpg (98.63 KiB) Viewed 432 times
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by Ishkabibble »

Wow... I like. I can't run blue lights, but wow...

I had thought about adding in the sockets to make those DRLs, until I found these: https://www.amazon.com/CHAMPLED%C2%AE-F ... MVPNNY54YV

Those are going on the brow just above the headlight assembly and just below the edge of the windscreen.
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!