how is your scooter doing in this heat?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooterAddict
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: how is your scooter doing in this heat?

Post by ScooterAddict »

My PCX running WOT is running fine in this 96* temp and 70% humidity. Took my Honda Metropolitan out with a carburetor and WOT it was fine! My Yamaha TW200 did well also!
2013 PCX150, GIVI tall w/s, Hondaline topcase, Tusk 15mm handlebar risers, NCY Variator, NCY Drive Face, NCY 13gram rollers. (I put a brand new Honda OEM belt on), R- Michelin City Grip, Front- Michelin City Grip, 10w30 syn with 2oz of MotorKote, GrabOn grip covers.

2013 Honda CRF250L
2-2005 Honda Metropolitan's,
I have always had big displacement road bikes. I'm now into the "small revolution."
I just need one more 2 wheeler!!
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Those Tusk 15mm risers
how do you like them?
change your riding style much?
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by riding@100mpg »

very hot in upstate ny last week and the pcx is much better riding than any of my motorcycles. no burned legs and the motors seems to handle the 92 degrees when i went on a 4 hour ride.
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by Ishkabibble »

Down here in Eastern-central Georgia, it's been averaging 95-98 degrees F (that's 35-37 C for you metric folks, and 308-310 Kelvin for you astronomers) with "heat index" readings up to 112 degrees F, ( 44C, 318K) (With the occasional afternoon thundershower.) Those of you from the Southeastern US will get that joke. ;)

Riding is great, it's stopping at traffic lights behind the gigantic-wheel Redneck trucks that's uncomfortable. It seems that because they're all jacked up so high (to compensate for the tiny penis, no doubt) their exhaust seems to be coming directly into my face. :lol:

Sitting at a traffic light is unpleasant, and I'm glad for the modular helmet I have, because I can lift the chin bar and at least get either breeze or exhaust directly on my face. I drive with my flip-up visor open to the first detent to avoid fogging/condensation, and that seems to be working pretty good so far.

The humidity is just horrible.

Natasha seems to be handling it just fine, as she's always got pep to get me started off the light. Was next to a brand-new Camaro yesterday, and beat it to the other side of the intersection before it overtook me. :D
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
gagazman
Year: 2016
Color: PCX Black

Post by gagazman »

Well today, going to work, after a very heavy rainy night, I was doing my usual 60 mph for 10 minutes along an A road, then 2 miles uphill. The sun was out and it was hot when it was out. When I got to work I thought I could smell burning, and there was steam coming from my exhaust and the grill thing near it (said before I know nothing lol). It has just had its first service, and I checked the coolant which was fine. Do you think it was just moisture on the hot exhaust and grill?
It was fine on the way home by the way.

Sorry like I say I am not technical and know nothing about bikes, but don't want it to blow Up!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

"The Heat is On...." (Great song :D )

On the Island: Sun sweltering hot temps engulfed w/humidity. Man it feels sooo yucky.
Hat hair? Inevitable :x

I have gone twice to the shop for my scoot's yearly inspection. First trip in 100 degree heat and dressed ATGATT.
That's INSANE heat be-tween the covers!

Moving on first trip: Owner's son see's me arrive. (I like the owner better, but he's Not in.)
I pull right up to his glass filled room, (he watches), turn key to off, side stand down (he watches), I dismount (he watches), then take ten steps and another over his glass door's threshold.
He recognizes me, says hi and follows with..."are you here for an inspection?"
I raise my lids screen and says, yeah. He quickly replies, "We're out of stickers," then adds, "we ordered them and they should be here in a day or two." I felt my happy sweaty "hello" grin fall.
"Really? You have none?" "Nope, he said. Try us again in a few days." Ahh, okay I said. Turned about face and saddled back up.

And what is the Point of This elongated story?
Why couldn't He have taken the ten steps towards me to tell me BEFORE I entered his shop? Too easy? Or was it Too Hard for him? He knew I was there for an inspection. He was just standing there Watching Me. Geez,...it was so damn Hot.

2nd trip, 3 days later, temp the same - I was in the area stopped in to get her done! No inspection stickers arrived. Call us, he said. I will.
My due date is 7/30/16. If I must, I will use another shop that performs motorbike inspections. Not easy to find round these parts. He couldn't think of any.

AFA me scoot? She be Chillin' Alls good, nothing fazes her. Just gotta keep'er juiced and moving :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:"The Heat is On...." (Great song :D )

On the Island: Sun sweltering hot temps engulfed w/humidity. Man it feels sooo yucky.
Hat hair? Inevitable :x

I have gone twice to the shop for my scoot's yearly inspection. First trip in 100 degree heat and dressed ATGATT.
That's INSANE heat be-tween the covers!

Moving on first trip: Owner's son see's me arrive. (I like the owner better, but he's Not in.)
I pull right up to his glass filled room, (he watches), turn key to off, side stand down (he watches), I dismount (he watches), then take ten steps and another over his glass door's threshold.
He recognizes me, says hi and follows with..."are you here for an inspection?"
I raise my lids screen and says, yeah. He quickly replies, "We're out of stickers," then adds, "we ordered them and they should be here in a day or two." I felt my happy sweaty "hello" grin fall.
"Really? You have none?" "Nope, he said. Try us again in a few days." Ahh, okay I said. Turned about face and saddled back up.

And what is the Point of This elongated story?
Why couldn't He have taken the ten steps towards me to tell me BEFORE I entered his shop? Too easy? Or was it Too Hard for him? He knew I was there for an inspection. He was just standing there Watching Me. Geez,...it was so damn Hot.

2nd trip, 3 days later, temp the same - I was in the area stopped in to get her done! No inspection stickers arrived. Call us, he said. I will.
My due date is 7/30/16. If I must, I will use another shop that performs motorbike inspections. Not easy to find round these parts. He couldn't think of any.

AFA me scoot? She be Chillin' Alls good, nothing fazes her. Just gotta keep'er juiced and moving :P

Phone ahead or pre-book?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes 2yous both good suggestions. However...
This shop always inspects my scoot on the spot/right away and I'm very grateful for that. (I'm hot, hot hot, remember? :lol:) Sooo...making an appt is not (normally) necessary.
But Now? Calling ahead sounds the right thing to do. I never was told "we're out of inspection stickers" in all my _ _ years!" How's that happen anywho? Like a Quick sale of $orts? :lol:

Today, 3rd trip. I "drove" my truck. I had such a yen for a vanilla hot fudge sundae at Friendly's :P
The shop is nearby so I stopped in afterwards. The owner saw me, then shook his head "no." I said I'd "call" him on Friday and grabbed his business card. Times a ticking. Deadline is 7/30/16 (and...it'll be me Birthday. I'll mention that to the cop if I gets caught ;)

Say...Do cops ever pull over scooters/motorcycles to check inspection dates? I've never even seen a cop pull over a bike, Period.

Can't complain this trip, the sundae was so awesomely delish! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You