Thieving Scum

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Blubayou
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX125
Color: White

Re: Thieving Scum

Post by Blubayou »

Anyway thanks for the advice (there was a little!), I've decided to go for the large & visible security route with an added alarm.

I've had issue with thieving scum before, but as I now live in a nice area I'd gotten used to casually parking my bike, not locking my car, leaving the house alarm off etc....

Once they have turned over all their neighbours they have to go further affield to rob I guess.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Blubayou wrote:Anyway thanks for the advice (there was a little!), I've decided to go for the large & visible security route with an added alarm.

I've had issue with thieving scum before, but as I now live in a nice area I'd gotten used to casually parking my bike, not locking my car, leaving the house alarm off etc....

Once they have turned over all their neighbours they have to go further affield to rob I guess.

Chill it could be a one off event. You'll get the nervous trembling. Not good if the have a 45 ACP and aren't the smartest/tolerant
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

So, what does political rhetoric have to do with thieves? People steal for 2 reasons. #1. they need it and can't afford it. #2 they are scumbags that just want to cause trouble. In the case of #1, there are quite a few here who want things NOW and the easiest way of getting it right now is to steal it. It doesn't matter who they steal it from, so it could be that the one they steal from is just a poor as they are.
I hear of robberies gone wrong every day on the news. People get killed because someone wanted what they had. I have also heard some people say that they were not going to give 8 hours worth of work for the 8 hours worth of pay, but instead are going to sit there and do nothing and dare anyone to do anything about it. None of that has to to with politics. That has to do with lazy people with low morales.
I have some outstanding friends of all races and colors, and every one of them got where they are by hard work and good morales.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Blubayou, sorry this nasty deed happened to you :( I would be upset too.

I will pass on to you what a friend of mine uses and recommended to me (my scoot is garaged so I have Not invested in one of these therefore I have no personal experience with this cable alarm). If needed though, I wouldn't hesitate to give it a go :)

This is a pic of the 15' cable model with 120 decibel alarm:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (43.6 KiB) Viewed 438 times
Check out this website, watch videos. If shopping for one, make sure the cable length is appropriate for your use. Measure if you must.
Just another idea. After years of use, My friend who lives in Hawaii swears by it.
Here is their website http://lockalarm.com

Use this with a full sized bike cover. Run the cable of this alarm through its grommets and if possible, through a bit of the bike too. If available, park near or under good lighting. Or...Set up a sensor light?
Having "Full Insurance Coverage" matters! Pay the bigger bucks, worry less-sleep more ;)

I wish you Much Better Luck and safe keeping.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Blubayou
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Blubayou »

Thanks White Noise,

My Lad has bought me a nice disc lock / alarm (Xena) which does much the same thing.

I've also fitted a chunky 'Mammoth' lock & chain round the swingarm via a wall anchor.

Perhaps equally importantly I've started digging out the small trees which were an ideal cover for the Thief.

I may write something up in a bit more detail with pics in a few weeks if (I still have the bike) :lol: .
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh Good! I'm glad something has been done. Opening up the area by removing trees will make for a safer environment too. Fixing it to a wall anchor has gotta help :P How about some night lighting? A scoot cover?
I'm looking forward to seeing your PCX Jailhouse :lol: Actually, that's pretty damn cool
and...Your Lad sounds like a keeper to me ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Oh Good! I'm glad something has been done. Opening up the area by removing trees will make for a safer environment too.

Pave it and put in a parking lot
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

outlander wrote:Yes he means insurance no claims bonus.

Scumbags, I had the same experience to when I lived in England. No one tries that crap now. Not unless they want some 45 Acp.

Fine words indeed. Bike thief or killer?

When you left England for the USA you must have raised the average IQ in both countries.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Oh Good! I'm glad something has been done. Opening up the area by removing trees will make for a safer environment too.

:D "....they paved paradise and put up a parking lot" J.M.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I definitely like the solution members have provided, especially that Lock Alarm with the cable. We have 2 bikes that we sometimes store in our carport. We have a heavy duty locking wire but it doesn't have an alarm. I might have to investigate one of those with the builtin alarm.
Blubayou, I would like to suggest that if you are using the brake disc lock you make sure you run a bright ribbon or line of some sort up to your handlebar so that you will not get in a hurry some time and forget about the lock on your now destroyed brake disc. Also, I have seen advertised in multiple places a motion sensor triggered solar light that you can shine on your bike and if someone steps in front of the sensor, the light will come on. That should help to scare them off at night. During the daytime...well that is another story. I still believe in my Scat Mat. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Blubayou
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Blubayou »

Hi Mel,

The attempted theft took place at 5am, it was bright daylight here. The area is lit at night too, but I have let what were small shrubs grow into 4 to 6ft trees which provide great cover for thieves.

All the same, it was clearly planned, it's a closed street in a nice area, Scumbag Opportunists are rarely about at 5am.

I was lucky.

Scat Mat sounds great! :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:
you you wrote:

:D "....they paved paradise and put up a parking lot" J.M.

I knew you'd get it. :D

Taxi!!