New Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

graeme
Year: 2012
Color: black

New Forza

Post by graeme »

Hi,
I'm riding a pcx 150 at the moment but am about to upgrade to the Forza 300. Does anyone know will there be a complete revamp for 2017? I can buy now or should I wait?
Thanks
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New Forza

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to our forum(s) graeme :) Glad you decided to join. I don't know if Honda has any plans on changing the Forza for 2017, but there are a few member's that might know. Stick around and we'll both find out ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Steveston
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Steveston »

I'm just in the process of purchasing a new Forza, and am wondering about the Honda extended warranty.

Do people think that it's worth it? Have any of you had to make use of it?
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

The Asian markets seem to get the new Hondas first by some 6-12 months.
So keep an eye out for what's going on in Thailand and Vietnam, etc...
Pete07bikes
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by Pete07bikes »

Hi Stevenson, Welcome to the forum.
The Forza 300 is a popular & IMHO a great all-rounder scooter.
Is extended warranty worth it you ask? - you need to consider what you want the vehicle for, how long you plan to keep it & the mileage you expect on cover on it.

These Forza's have annual or 8,000 mile service intervals - 8,000 mile service at Honda dealer is circa £140 (in South East England) and major service at 16,000 miles is nearer £400.
By having an extended warranty you're tied into Honda dealerships -and the dearer maintainance costs associated with them. If you don't extend the warranty then after two years you can use independents to maintain your bike, which will often be done to a higher standard and certainly a lower cost.
Forza's are very common and used as well as new spares will be available - if you don't do mega-miles it isn't likely to go wrong.
Personally I wouldn't bother with extended warranty as the bikes are now very reliable.

Have fun, enjoy & upload some pictures

Pete
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

graeme wrote:..... Does anyone know will there be a complete revamp for 2017? I can buy now or should I wait?
If anyone knows, it is likely GN2. He knows his stuff and is usually up to snuff on updates. Let's see if he chimes in.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Unlikely anything will be announced before EICMA in November with any new models taking until spring 2017 to make it to dealers. Or later.
So you're looking at a long wait.
Any Forza you buy today will still be a good scooter in ten tears time.
Just because a new model gets released doesn't mean the existing model suddenly becomes a bad scooter.
Take the CB500F and the NC750S as examples.
The new ones have had cosmetic makeovers.
They no longer have a fully stainless exhaust system, so the new one is compromised on quality and it can be argued the previous one is the better bike.
There will always be something over the horizon, there's little point waiting, you could wait and wait then not like what turns up.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

gn2 wrote: There will always be something over the horizon, there's little point waiting, you could wait and wait then not like what turns up.
I have a friend who generally won't own any bikes that were made after 1980, though he has a 1983 Yamaha Enduro. Sometimes the older stuff is just...better.

Progress isn't always...
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

Nothing here so nothing yet. Indeed, something will be revealed in EICMA, November.