Fitting 13" wheels and wide tires on PCX 150

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black & Red

Re: Fitting 13" wheels and wide tires on PCX 150

Post by St.Clair »

Did you try this on stock....think the guy was just doing a demo...or I hope so as tire is wrong way round. He is on stock forks.

http://youtu.be/QnTjQvbL2NU
I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.
Nikola Tesla
St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User

Post by St.Clair »

I am all for the 13" convertion same reason why the have remade the stocks PCX wheels 13".... More tire variety and more stability. My girlfriend has the grand Filano 12" wheels with much larger tires than the PCX, stock suspension and obviously a shorter framebase. But the difference in the feel of her tires in comparison to PCX is massive. Handles all terrain, bumps and holes even with 2up.

Bigger tires on stock wheels or smaller wider wheels and big tires. To be honest....in Thailand, stock tires don't cut it. Rode a custom set last week - yoko 13s. Made my ride feel like a pedal bike afterwards.
I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.
Nikola Tesla
wally
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by wally »

anyone managed to solve this yet? i'm having the same issue now :cry:
Attachments
P_20160530_164441.jpg
P_20160530_164441.jpg (253.88 KiB) Viewed 710 times
St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User

Post by St.Clair »

I'm going to suggest any tire that flares out so much on the sides like that is not a good idea. I love bigger fatter tires but pound for pound these tires could blow out from the side wall off the rim if you go down a hole big enough. A 110 just about fits the front...god knows how much grinding is involved with a 130.

Be carful with the fatties on the front.
Nikola Tesla
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

ruddick wrote:The PCX wheel and tire change problems are now behind us with the help of the very nice guys at X-Speed Bangkok. The IRC 110/90-13 was a no go and as suggested on this forum we ended up fitting a IRC MB99 130/60-13 on the front and an MB99 130/70-13 on the back. Also replaced the rear shocks with YSS Z series 310mm XXL adjustable gas shocks. Once the tire pressures were set the bike ran like a dream.
Only problem with fitting the 130/60-13 on the front was that a very small amount of grinding was required to ensure the tire didn't rub on the inside of the forks.

For those of you who are wondering why we changed the stock wheels and shocks etc. I have enclosed a photo of the rear wheel after the encounter with the pothole.
Once the bike is washed and clean I will post a photo of the completed bike. We are located in Bangsaen Beach, Thailand.
I was wondering if the trusty fork bottoms had more/less clearance, and if anyone had tried them?
Attachments
trusty.jpg
trusty.jpg (131.71 KiB) Viewed 672 times
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
superray
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by superray »

Question.
Can the Forza wheels fit the PCX as they are wider and rear wheel is a bit smaller?
St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User

Post by St.Clair »

k2apache6.0 wrote:
ruddick wrote:The PCX wheel and tire change problems are now behind us with the help of the very nice guys at X-Speed Bangkok. The IRC 110/90-13 was a no go and as suggested on this forum we ended up fitting a IRC MB99 130/60-13 on the front and an MB99 130/70-13 on the back. Also replaced the rear shocks with YSS Z series 310mm XXL adjustable gas shocks. Once the tire pressures were set the bike ran like a dream.
Only problem with fitting the 130/60-13 on the front was that a very small amount of grinding was required to ensure the tire didn't rub on the inside of the forks.

For those of you who are wondering why we changed the stock wheels and shocks etc. I have enclosed a photo of the rear wheel after the encounter with the pothole.
Once the bike is washed and clean I will post a photo of the completed bike. We are located in Bangsaen Beach, Thailand.
I was wondering if the trusty fork bottoms had more/less clearance, and if anyone had tried them?
Just about the same clearance. 105mm fattest section. 120mm widest. These forks are a definite nono for grinding out though like the other guy did. Very thin top section.
Nikola Tesla