Cell phone mount?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

caseybea
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Cell phone mount?

Post by caseybea »

Looking for a cell phone mount (my phone's a nexus 5 if that matters), for my pcx 150.

What have any of you done here? Only issue is there's not a whole lot of room on the PCX handlebars, so I'm looking for success stories to see what's worked for other people. Thanks in advance for any info!
coetzee.kruger
Color: Red

Re: Cell phone mount?

Post by coetzee.kruger »

I did a mod over the weekend using some GoPro mounts and joints. Get the handlebar mount, and the clip mount that would normally go on the adhesive pad. Then either get a normal adhesive pad or the white surfboard pad and stick it on the back of the phone cover(you might want to get a cover for the phone specifically for this use as the adhesive pad will STAY on the back forever!).

Then put everything together like this...

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

A few :D bar mounts I just saw on Ebay (I have No experience with any of them).
Note: PCX has 7/8 bars.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... s&_sacat=0
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Post by BobS »

You can't beat RAM Mounts - http://www.rammount.com/ - lifetime warranty on their stuff

They make a Universal phone mount - http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-UN7BU

Buy it through Ram or Amazon or GPS city
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I put mine on a RAM mount. I put my RAM mount on my brake reservoir. I found that the reservoir cover for the Burgman 400 fit my 2013 pcx fine. I know that the reservoir covers are different for the older pcx 125, such as the 2011version.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

One from Best Buy. It stretches but comes in various sizes. I have one on the PCX as well.

2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

BobS wrote:You can't beat RAM Mounts - http://www.rammount.com/ - lifetime warranty on their stuff

They make a Universal phone mount - http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-UN7BU

Buy it through Ram or Amazon or GPS city
I gotta say, I was a little put off by the universal mount, since it seemingly didn't have anything to secure the phone from moving up or down.

Though this video put my fears to rest:

Phone stayed there the whole time. Sadly, I didn't catch that before ordering the case holder, which can't be used with an existing case/sleeve. But I suppose that's fine, I've never dropped my phone before.
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by caseybea »

So, I looked at a lot of these, this is what I ended up ordering. I'll let you know how it works out!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQJ ... UTF8&psc=1
NMpdx13
Color: black

Post by NMpdx13 »

I got one of these: http://www.quadlockcase.com/

It says bike mount, but it is VERY sturdy and doesn't move at all. I use the rubber bands included as well as the zip ties that they include.
Hooksta
Year: 2015 PCX
Color: Black

Post by Hooksta »

I have an iPhone 6 and would like to go the RAM mount route simply from past, positive experience with them. It appears I need the following piece to accommodate my iphone 6 with case but I am curious which RAM base to get. I have a 2015 model and am thinking of mounting it right in the center (like many pictured here). Any suggestions to which piece I need to fit the bar?

http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-UN7BU

I am also interested in a GoPro mount as well. It could either attach where the phone does or near the brake reservoir. Also interested in what you guys find works best here.

Thanks!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Buy the belt clip for your particular phone and a 5 dollar hover vacuum cleaner belt. Drill a hole in the bottom of your glove box and route the charging cord down through the steering column up into the glove box (note the hole has to be as big as the smallest end of your cord). Shove the belt between the handlebars and the column top plate then part way down into the column cable access port. The belt will wedge tight between the bars and plate but secure it anyway with a zip tie against any other decending cable inside the column.

This has served me extremely well and keeps a much lower profile than most over the counter solutions.
Attachments
belt.png
belt.png (512.73 KiB) Viewed 9081 times
mount.png
mount.png (206.17 KiB) Viewed 9081 times
Hooksta
Year: 2015 PCX

Post by Hooksta »

Bump to see if any has any RAM mount base suggestions for the iPhone 6.

Thanks!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I was just over at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC website:
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com
looking at fluids when I came across this "Cell Buckle Cell Phone Holder." It's different and simple, but I wonder if it would hug our precious phones, gps' or other gadgets tight enough? You know, the Grip tightness around the bars and our gadgets.

:roll: Hmm...if interested, look at the multiple views shown and watch their video (on this vv page) To The Very End, and tell us what you think:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/15 ... one-Holder

$19.99 plus, and you can own one. Tempted?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

I've been very happy with my X-grip. It should be noted that the phone will stay in the grip best if it has a rubber cover. I have an otter box on my HTC.

I did a blog about the product last fall.

http://scootinfool.blogspot.com/2015/09 ... ip-iv.html
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
ScooterAddict
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterAddict »

I agree with Mel. I bought the RamMount handlebar mount. It has a u-bolt and includes a high quality grooved spacer for 7/8" and use no spacer for 1" handlebars. I bought 2 off eBay on a deal and no shipping charges. I leave the ball mount on other bikes and just move the arm and accessory from bike to bike. If you get the swinging drink holder, don't get any styrofoam drink cup more than 32 oz. The bigger and taller ones are top heavy and spill. For phones I recommend the Ram X-grip. I have used it in tractor trailers and off road vehicles. I also turn it flat and put my radar detector in the X-grip.
2013 PCX150, GIVI tall w/s, Hondaline topcase, Tusk 15mm handlebar risers, NCY Variator, NCY Drive Face, NCY 13gram rollers. (I put a brand new Honda OEM belt on), R- Michelin City Grip, Front- Michelin City Grip, 10w30 syn with 2oz of MotorKote, GrabOn grip covers.

2013 Honda CRF250L
2-2005 Honda Metropolitan's,
I have always had big displacement road bikes. I'm now into the "small revolution."
I just need one more 2 wheeler!!
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I like the look of this one from Ram Mount: http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-UN7-400U
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

Chicaboo,

That is the exact model I have, mounted to one of the four bolts on the bar mount. Can't say enough good things about the item.

Good luck..I'll try to find a pic...

Mike
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

Ah, Here it is:
Attachments
IMG_2794.jpg
IMG_2794.jpg (151.37 KiB) Viewed 8101 times
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

The one I linked has a clamp connection so you can wind it down to the centre of the riser between the clamps.
This way it can sit the middle and is away from your hands so it doesn't get knocked accidentally.

Gav.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Wingscribe, that is the same one that I have on our bikes, and when we had our accident my wife had her phone on it, charging it. After the accident I had to pick the bike up off of her and take it out of the ditch. The phone was still attached quite securely.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers