Honda PCX 150(awesome scooter)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mike11148
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Honda PCX 150(awesome scooter)

Post by mike11148 »

Hello everyone.I just registered with this forum and I would like to share my thoughts about this scooter.I spent the last 2 years putting around my neighborhood on an iscoot 49 cc scooter not able to go very far because of its lack of speed and it could not be trusted to start if I shut it off.I retired this year and decided to look for a new scooter.Unfortunately I chose a new kymco agility 125.It came with a 2 year warranty and my first impressions of it were very good.Its been in the shop twice because of the plug fouling and backfiring and a very noticeable vibration in the front end over 40mph.I've had to push it home twice from more than a mile away.Never again I said and decided to spend the money and buy something that would meet my needs.All I can say is WOW.This PCX150 is like a Rolls Royce compared to the last 2 scooters.Yes it cost 2.5 times more than the kymco,but in my opinion its worth 25 times more.I put a little over 200 miles on it this past week and that includes trips of 30 miles at a time.Going places that were not possible with the last 2 scooters.
Knowing I have this gem of a scooter makes it a lot easier having the kymco in the garage also.The Honda dealers in my area would not take a trade in of the kymco and honestly,I cant blame them.It wont start so I cant really sell it.I have no way to get it back to the dealer unless I pay 140 dollars for them to pick it up and deliver it back to me.So for now it sits in the garage while I decide what to do with it.
I plan to visit this forum often,it appears there are a lot of good people here willing to share advice and tips I find very useful.Thanks to all for your time.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Honda PCX 150(awesome scooter)

Post by homie »

Nice testimony and excellent first post, I remember my first post. Wait no I don't, that's sad. Anyway YES! there is everything you ever wanted to know about Honda PCX in here thanks to a former forum that spun this one off under maddiedog's current reign. It works great, has good moderators and minimal issues plus even a couple helpful trolls. One is highly intelligent but dosent boast and the other will help you with grammar and spelling on occasion but not as often as he used to. I find them both very stimulating and this is one of my favorite reads. My PCX is pretty much exactly where I want it to be and I'm wondering (and I should know this by your grey color) where do you live? Um... were do those grey's hale from. Might as well add your location to the left because it helps members help you when you most certainly will have questions. Pictures yes? you surely have pics of the new precious... I want to see it, dont we all want to see?
Attachments
cheer.jpg
cheer.jpg (16.39 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Nice testimony and excellent first post, I remember my first post. Wait no I don't, that's sad. Anyway YES! there is everything you ever wanted to know about Honda PCX in here thanks to a former forum that spun this one off under maddiedog's current reign. It works great, has good moderators and minimal issues plus even a couple helpful trolls. One is highly intelligent but dosent boast and the other will help you with grammar and spelling on occasion but not as often as he used to. I find them both very stimulating and this is one of my favorite reads. My PCX is pretty much exactly where I want it to be and I'm wondering (and I should know this by your grey color) where do you live? Um... were do those grey's hale from. Might as well add your location to the left because it helps members help you when you most certainly will have questions. Pictures yes? you surely have pics of the new precious... I want to see it, dont we all want to see?

Doesn't boast.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Hi and welcome :)

Put the Kymco on Craigslist or Gumtree or Ebay or other such website.
Someone will want it if the price is right.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

If you are going to do any riding beyond around the corner, consider a taller windshield. Not only will it look nice, but it will also make your ride more comfortable. Many of us who ride for fun have the tall windshields on and a tail box to store extra stuff in, such as a small cooler. It also comes in handy when and if we stop off at the grocery store on your way home. With a little shifting around of items, you can get a bag of groceries in the box. That makes it ideal for a quick milk run.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
mike11148
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by mike11148 »

Mel46 wrote:If you are going to do any riding beyond around the corner, consider a taller windshield. Not only will it look nice, but it will also make your ride more comfortable. Many of us who ride for fun have the tall windshields on and a tail box to store extra stuff in, such as a small cooler. It also comes in handy when and if we stop off at the grocery store on your way home. With a little shifting around of items, you can get a bag of groceries in the box. That makes it ideal for a quick milk run.
I really like your idea of a taller windshield.Is that something that Honda can provide?I've read a few posts on this forum about after market windshields cracking during the install.Now that I have a Rolls Royce scooter I cant imagine getting something sub par.As far as the tail box,right now I'm enjoying all the extra trips to the grocery store.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

I too came from the world of Kymco ownership; though my experience varies greatly from yours. 25,000 relatively trouble-free miles when I sold my People 150. Sorry you got a lemon, though the Agility is built in China as I recall so build quality isn't 100% guaranteed.

Take care of the PCX and it will take care of you.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

mike11148 wrote:
Mel46 wrote:If you are going to do any riding beyond around the corner, consider a taller windshield. Not only will it look nice, but it will also make your ride more comfortable. Many of us who ride for fun have the tall windshields on and a tail box to store extra stuff in, such as a small cooler. It also comes in handy when and if we stop off at the grocery store on your way home. With a little shifting around of items, you can get a bag of groceries in the box. That makes it ideal for a quick milk run.
I really like your idea of a taller windshield.Is that something that Honda can provide?I've read a few posts on this forum about after market windshields cracking during the install.Now that I have a Rolls Royce scooter I cant imagine getting something sub par.As far as the tail box,right now I'm enjoying all the extra trips to the grocery store.
Honda does have windscreens available, though I opted for the Givi screen because it as about $100 less. They are good quality, but I didn't have the extra cash to spend and I wanted one in smoke.

As an alternative to the regular storage box, a milk crate works very well.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Lanesplitter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Lanesplitter »

mike11148 wrote:I put a little over 200 miles on it this past week and that includes trips of 30 miles at a time.Going places that were not possible with the last 2 scooters.
I've got 6300 miles on mine. Bought it in September. 207 miles Saturday. 225 miles on it Sunday. I just ordered a short National Cycle windshield. I'm hoping it gives me the protection I want in a tuck at the end of the day when temps drop and I want to keep the cold wind off my chest. It goes in Thursday for it's 6,000 mile service. Top case is super nice to have.

I'll be using maddiedog's instructions to replace the windshield myself. :-)
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

Mel46 wrote:Many of us who ride for fun have the tall windshields on and a tail box to store extra stuff in, such as a small cooler. It also comes in handy when and if we stop off at the grocery store on your way home. With a little shifting around of items, you can get a bag of groceries in the box. That makes it ideal for a quick milk run.
I suspect you are talking of the elegant little Givi box that so many PCXers opt for? I have one of those on my Reflex--which is why, when I have several purchases to make or when I hit the supermarket, I switch the Reflex for my PCX which, although smaller and less powerful than the Reflex, has a huge--and cheap--top box that I got on Amazon for something like 40$. I can't tell you how many times I have blessed the day I got the big box. It can easily hold two full-sized helmets, or a couple of bags of groceries. It doesn't look very good---gives the bike a top-heavy look--but it has been so useful that I have come to love even its ugliness.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

You are right OP, PCX reigns supreme. If it be possible to turn USA into a two-wheel nation, PCX will be the machine to do it. As yet, I fear, it is not possible.
Fugu
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: White

Post by Fugu »

Mel46 wrote:If you are going to do any riding beyond around the corner, consider a taller windshield. Not only will it look nice, but it will also make your ride more comfortable.
It must be the ugliest thing ever invented for a scooter :D I'm sorry, just my opionion.
And i love feeling the wind! :-)
Tonyx
Color: red

Post by Tonyx »

I would vouch for taller windshield as I've installed the tallest National windshield as soon as could. I too like wind in my face but anything above 45kph with the factory shield, it stops being enjoyable. Keep in mind folks in US routinely ride close to 100kph due to traffic flow.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I also have a National tall and it makes a pleasant difference ..You still get the wind over the top but it is muted or blunted down to a nice breeze up on the top forehead. Keeps me cool and feel the wind but not blasting me.
Brent
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Brent »

Welcome Mike! You have purchased the Ferrari of two wheels! I have put 10,400 trouble free miles on my PCX 150 in just under 15 months! The only arguements we have on the Forum is which color is faster. Of course it is white!!