Cheap lesson: add me to the crash list?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

db22
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Re: Cheap lesson: add me to the crash list?

Post by db22 »

WhiteNoise wrote:The other day, and today, I saw this thread's title and author. The word "crash" had me moving on and scrolling through assorted topics, I replied to a few but this one kept haunting me.
I wondered, How long can I escape reading it? I'm not capable of worrying for long periods I can assure you. Tonight was the night for me to read here.

I need an emoticon sighing with Relief!
Twas a spill a wee one and db,...you are alright!! I'm better too, thanks!

Scoot doesn't hurt, no worries there. Plastics are easily obtained and cheap here in the U.S of A.
YES indeedy! You had your gear on. Head saved! Applause, applause!
I bet it rattled you more than anything. You knew you lucked out. Being tired and seeing a car where a car normally isn't! That surprised you. The rest is history.

Next time Please consider another means of transportation when you know you feel tired.
Phone a friend? Family? Someone awake?

Sigh....all is good in PCX land once again. Goodnight
WN: Thank you for your concern! As you said, all is now well; I am unhurt and learned a cheap lesson. The bike is all better and purring, and I have several days to ponder the whole affair, as our weather has turned "thunderstormy" for the rest of the week and I'll be behind the wheel of the other Honda. Safe riding to you and all on this forum.
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

WhiteNoise wrote:So glad you elaborated homie. ;) Worth mentioning: "Those Off Beat Days"

Yes, I have had that sensation, that odd feeling whilst riding.
Feeling uncomfortable, shakey, nervous, distracted, vision off, tired bro, just tired.
Then there's worry, that gets the best of me too (Mom and all). Funny how your body signals you.
I can definitely sense when "I'm out of sorts."

Sooo...It's important to listen to oneself cause ain't nobody gonna hear that inner voice singing out but you!
And nobody knows your body the way you do!

One day last year I suited up all anxious to ride. It was a spectactcular sun filled, blue skyed and wind free day. I felt for sure that my God delivered it to me personally :P That's how Perfect the Day was!
Off I rolled, I got myself a mile or two away and strangely felt "I wasn't with it!" So I pulled over.

I sat there wondering why? I took a few deep calm breaths, gave myself a chat, then moved along again. Still Not good. My Legs were not landing properly, my timing was off the mark. Traffic lights were even spooking me. Wow, what the heck's going on! I was depressed, then annoyed. I just had to turn my scoot around. I got home safe after going only a few miles! Geez, that sucked!! What happened?
I sat on my deck in my gear and noticed my heart was thumping. My blood pressure must have been down or up (I thought). Either way nothing got better that day. I had to accept it was my Bodies "Off Day." That sure as hell didn't make me feel any better! But waking the next day did :P

I'm telling you my story today. "I'm Still Standing," ..... I listened to me
~The End~
I feel so inadequate as a writer whenever I read your posts Whitenoise - are you a paperback writer by chance? :D And db22 I'm glad to hear you didn't get hurt :)

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Dang! Apple blocked your video Greg A F T E R
I viewed it. Ha...Hah! :D

Beatle's fan I am! Paperback Writer hmm...no never was one but did consider. Nice folks like you have told me to give it a go. Maybe later down the road, you know when I'm senile I'll write some Crazy Fun Stuff :lol:

Thanks for the compliment. You kickstarted my day! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You