Oil change

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

db22
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Re: Oil change

Post by db22 »

outlander wrote:I came back to the pcx 24hrs later, the oil level is still over.

I then drained a small cup of oil, the level remained the same.

Started it up and the engine was more audible so I turned it off.

I have now fully drained the pcx on the center stand. Emptied the strainer.

According to the pcx manual it says after draining, including the strainer it requires 1 quart.

I filled it with exactly one quart. It now shows well over the cross hatch area. Double the length of the cross hatch. Dont know what to do now.
I had exactly the same experience on my first oil change -- way over after adding exactly one quart. I'm siphoning it out the filler/dipstick opening one syringe at a time until it settles at the top of the crosshatches.
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...
pxc-in-japan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pxc-in-japan »

honkerman wrote:If it's on the line, you're ok. If it's a bit over, you can siphon a bit out with a syringe and a bit of rubber tubing. Alternately, you can open the drain plug and let a little out, then close it up again, but that can get messy.
...and you'd need to replace the disposable soft washer with a new one as you would have 'crushed it' to make it effective when putting it on the bike. Or perhaps using them twice is O.K..... but I wouldn't. Then again, I am extremely fussy about oil freshness, quality, level and leaks :)
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/staninjapan/408151]Image
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

pxc-in-japan wrote:
honkerman wrote:If it's on the line, you're ok. If it's a bit over, you can siphon a bit out with a syringe and a bit of rubber tubing. Alternately, you can open the drain plug and let a little out, then close it up again, but that can get messy.
...and you'd need to replace the disposable soft washer with a new one as you would have 'crushed it' to make it effective when putting it on the bike. Or perhaps using them twice is O.K..... but I wouldn't. Then again, I am extremely fussy about oil freshness, quality, level and leaks :)
While that is the best option, a crush washer can be used twice without any issue. It's best to flip it over though. Not possible in this situation since the bolt would not be taken all the way out. it's not a do-or-die issue unless the washer has already been used multiple times.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)