Mileage of your PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Mileage of your PCX

Post by Bash On! »

you you wrote:
Mel46 wrote:Bash on, you only have 1250 on your bike after 3 years??! You may as well sell it. You obviously aren't riding get it. At 34.7 miles per month the tires will rot off of it before you get to your 600 mile service.

Plenty of mileage in pontification tho...

Ha. I try to make the most of whatever mileage I have, and then some.

And you're right, Mel. I should sell it but have been saving it for my daughter. Don't need the money and keeping options open. Should sell the others, too, as the Silver Wing only has 550 miles after 8 months, and the Beemer probably has only 100 miles put on in the last year.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Bash On! wrote:.... Should sell the others, too, as the Silver Wing only has 550 miles after 8 months ....
If you could get the SW up to New York State, I could quite possibly be interested. :D
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
zanggerk
Year: 2012
Color: black

Post by zanggerk »

buddy1976 wrote:PCX 125 esp 2013
28,000 miles

At least 4 belts and 5 x roller changes(these were done way before they were NEEDED to be)
Wow you changed your rollers 5 times, so every ~ 6000 miles? Because of performance changes or because they wear out that fast?
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Closing to 5,800 miles with mine in just over 12months. Looking at a new back tyre, some better front pads, and toying with the idea of exhaust and roller/variator upgrade offered by my dealership.
aka DrewJW
patgrimshaw

Post by patgrimshaw »

28,000! Hats off :)

Had a pcx 2010. It did 23,000 and now my 2013 pcx has done 18,000. Centre stand wrote off the first (it seized and I put so much welly in trying to free it, it cracked the crank case). Current one is now displaying the same issue. However, having learnt from first experience, I only ever use centre stand if I really need to when servicing it... Now I'm gonna sort it out first before anything else.

I find I normally get about 6000 miles to citigrip rear tyre and replace the front anyway at that point (the only thing I get the garage to do for me and they charge £100 for both all in).
Brake pads last around 8000 miles I think. Brake shoes seem to vary a bit. Maybe 15000 miles? Belt and rollers typically show signs (ie top speed is down by a few mph) about 15000 miles in. I change oil and spark plug every 3-4000 miles. Got myself a k and n air filter. Only needs 'cleaning' once a blue moon - never had to so far :)

Next job, aside from fixing the stand, is to install malossi multivar. Can't wait!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Unitl I bought a PCX and joined this forum I never realised how thirsty scooters are for tyres - 4000-8000 seems to be the norm for rear stock tyres although at 8200 miles my rear seems fine - plenty of treat left (IRC). Front brakes don't seem as good for gentle press to slow down as when the bike was new, although I rarely brake hard. Not sure if it's pad wear and/or near the time the brake fluid needs changing.

Only changed the oil once myself and perhaps the dealer at 600 miles, still not changed the air filter or spark plug and the bike is riding better than ever.

If people do a lot of miles and have dealer services (not me), then the cost of scooting is very high - don't brake hard, go flat out, do full throttle starts too often and do servicing yourself, the cost comes down considerably.
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by buddy1976 »

zanggerk wrote:
buddy1976 wrote:PCX 125 esp 2013
28,000 miles

At least 4 belts and 5 x roller changes(these were done way before they were NEEDED to be)
Wow you changed your rollers 5 times, so every ~ 6000 miles? Because of performance changes or because they wear out that fast?
When the rollers start getting flat spots they stop the belt from traveling as high on the variator which then lowers top speed and if left too long can cause the variator to wear and forms a lip(especially using toughend kevlar belts) the lip then prevents the belt traveling to the top of the variator even with new belt+rollers and can cause a permanent loss(unless you replace or repair the variator) of top end speed. I lost 6-7 mph top end on my previous scoot when this happened so i find changing the rollers every other oil change helps prevent this and gets me to my destination that little bit quicker. ☺
Honda forza 125 2019
Malossi multivar 2000 with 8.5gr rollers
Yellow malossi contra spring
Malossi delta clutch and bell
Malossi special kevlar belt
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust
BC BCTX7L-FP-S LiFePO4 Battery

Honda Pcx 125 esp 2012 uk model
Malossi Multivar 10.5g rollers
Malossi White Contra Spring
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Daytona reinforced belt
ADVANCEPro Large Diameter Drive Face
ADVANCEPro PCX125 Fi High Rigidity Bearing Slider
DNA Performance air filter
Removed air box flange
Removed seat hump
Ermax+25 windshield
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

iceman wrote: I never realised how thirsty scooters are for tyres
Just be glad its a scooter and tyres are so cheap.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

gn2 wrote:
iceman wrote: I never realised how thirsty scooters are for tyres
Just be glad its a scooter and tyres are so cheap.
Not that cheap compared to car tyres and at least you get great mileage with those - scooter tyres for many riders do not last long.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

iceman wrote:Not that cheap compared to car tyres and at least you get great mileage with those - scooter tyres for many riders do not last long.
But when you do the sums...
there's four tyres on a car
Lets be generous and say they last 30,000 miles and each cost the same as a scooter tyre
at £40 x 4 that's £160 for 30,000 miles or £5.30 per thousand miles.

Now a PCX front will easily last 15,000 miles and a City Grip rear 7500 miles (or more)
So the scooter total for 30,000 miles, six tyres at £40 each is £240 or £8.00 per thousand miles.

Assuming 4000 miles per year on a PCX the annual cost difference is just £10.80

The reality is that few car tyres are as cheap as scooter tyres or last 30,000 miles so in fact scooter tyres work out cheaper.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by Ishkabibble »

Just turned 2000 miles even yesterday.

2013 model, bought when it had 1,870 miles on 4/4/16, for a grand total of 130 miles in six weeks. I expect I'll be riding a lot more as the summer progresses, as I bought it to ride to work.
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

mine is relatively new, so its at 25 miles
Current Bike(s)~ (Casper) 2019 Honda Forza 125
Previous Bikes ~ (Rosie) 2018 Honda CB125R : (Stumpy) 2017 Honda MSX 125 (Grom) : (Ghost) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Lillith) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Gizmo) 2015 Sinnis Apache 125
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
iceman wrote:Not that cheap compared to car tyres and at least you get great mileage with those - scooter tyres for many riders do not last long.
But when you do the sums...
there's four tyres on a car
Lets be generous and say they last 30,000 miles and each cost the same as a scooter tyre
at £40 x 4 that's £160 for 30,000 miles or £5.30 per thousand miles.

Now a PCX front will easily last 15,000 miles and a City Grip rear 7500 miles (or more)
So the scooter total for 30,000 miles, six tyres at £40 each is £240 or £8.00 per thousand miles.

Assuming 4000 miles per year on a PCX the annual cost difference is just £10.80

The reality is that few car tyres are as cheap as scooter tyres or last 30,000 miles so in fact scooter tyres work out cheaper.

50,000 miles on my cheapo tyres on my Kia Rio and still going strong......
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Around 8600 miles+ on my PCX now and rear tyre has lots of life left in it - stock IRC's. From discussion in this forum and hate of stock IRC tyres, I do wonder if people have different IRC's around the globe and some are better than others.
db22
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by db22 »

2015 PCX 150, 800 miles so far, oil changed in crankcase and gearbox. Last tank of gas yielded 92 mpg, US gallons.
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

iceman wrote:From discussion in this forum and hate of stock IRC tyres, I do wonder if people have different IRC's around the globe and some are better than others.
I think its more to do with the speeds you ride at and how heavy you are.
poncherello
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl White

Post by poncherello »

Hello, I'm new to this board. Just bought my brand new 2015 PCX150 last week. Already put 400 miles on it. I'm very impressed with the gas mileage. I went 210 miles on a full tank of gas! That's a huge difference compared to my previous scooter 2013 Kymco Super 8. I love the PCX 150. The ride, performance, and handling is awesome!
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

I have 10,000 miles since July 2014 on my 2013 PCX.

I have not had to replace anything except the back tire, which did not die a natural death but got punctured with a screw early on and then got plugged and plugged again and then once again--the plugs would in the course a few months work their way back out. Finally I was putting two plugs into the hole. That was when my miser's heart collapsed and I got myself a City Grip and had the local motorcycle mechanic mount it for me--I am thinking of buying a tire mounter. I know there is a way to mount a tire without a machine but it is too muscular for the likes of me.

I intend to change the belt--I have a replacement belt standing by--but I think I will wait a few more k miles. I rarely have the bike above 50 mph--its average is something like 38 or 40, so I feel the belt is not getting overly stressed--it is long runs at high speeds that first makes a belt prematurely old and then burns it to pieces.

I have changed the radiator fluid--this is such a good idea and people seem not to do it often enough.

I change the oil every 1000 miles--this, if one does almost nothing else, will at least keep the engine young. If you never do another lick of maintenance on your bike but you keep the oil clean and the radiator fluid viable, the damage you do to the rest of the machine will be bad no doubt, but repairable.
Manufan1
Year: 2014
Color: Brown

Post by Manufan1 »

I just read this article, a PCX with 64,000 miles!!!!!!! The guy drove all the way from Korea to the UK!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... p_AppShare
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Manufan1 wrote:I just read this article, a PCX with 64,000 miles!!!!!!! The guy drove all the way from Korea to the UK!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... p_AppShare
It's kilometers, not miles. I'm more amazed by his topbox. Would love to see documentation of his travels from Korea to Manchester.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...