Forza 300 - worried I bought a lemon!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

CelticCross
Year: 2011
Color: Gray

Re: Forza 300 - worried I bought a lemon!

Post by CelticCross »

Thanks tbin930
tbln930 wrote:http://powersports.honda.com/protection ... eyear.aspx

Deadline
HondaCare Protection can prolong genuine Honda coverage, but it's only available while your new-vehicle warranty is still in effect. Check your paperwork carefully, because when your warranty expires, so does this offer.
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Got my Forza out of the shop. The dealer shop foreman said the oil pressure sensor they installed to help correct the 1st warranty issue was defective. They ordered another, installed it and so far so good. But the last one was good for awhile. No charge to me. We shall see. Rode it some tonight and I do really like this scooter when it works. Reminds me of the time two guys were trying to explain to a friend that is wife kept going out on him. The man defended his wife by saying; "my wife would be a good woman if those boys would leave her alone"! So I guess, my Forza would be a good scooter if it would stop tearing up! :lol: Thanks for listening.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:
Walrus wrote:Goodness gracious! I didn't intend to spark a political science debate
Don't worry, its a scooter forum on the internet, talking shite is what its for!

I'm falling out of love with my Forza as warranty inspection number four draws near.
Its a p.i.t.a. having to take it in.
To be fair the dealer has provided excellent customer service thus far.

But..... given that depreciation on my £4500 2013 Forza 300 is likely running around 60% or more, I would have been as well buying a Chinese made 250 for £1900, ride it two years and throw it in a skip.
Or just kept your good all Pcx and with your "knowledge" you could have made it reliable and modded it up for your needs and still have lots of money left in your pocket. Even modded you would have sold it as valiant did and still be way ahead pounds wise...I just couldn't afford your money wastage but I suppose if you got money to burn then that's ok to, getting a new bike every couple of years is nice..
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I didn't want to keep the PCX, it didn't adequately meet my needs after I moved home and changed job.
It had 19,000 miles on the clock, a broken crankcase and was only worth about £900 on a good day.
No amount of modification, restoration and repairs would have made it as suitable as what I replaced it with.
I had it three years, it cost me £2200 or thereabouts, and I got £800 for it, so depreciation was less than £500 a year.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
family
Year: 2014
Color: red

Post by family »

Do you think that it's just the 2014 Honda Forza 300 with all the problems..... what about the new 2015 or 2016? Do you think that they will have the same problems as well? I live in the USA (Washington, DC area) The 2014 was the first year in the states so I'm thinking that the 2016 should have all of the problems worked out or is the Forza 300 just not that reliable to begin with.

I'm just wondering if I should get a 2016 Forza 300 or a 2016 PCX 150..... any thoughts??

Thanks
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

PCX is a city bike, Forza is a slow highway bike. I hear some dealers are STILL trying to sell their new 2014's.
family

Post by family »

I understand that, but my main concern is reliability. The 2014 forza 300 had problems. 8m wondering if the newer models 2016 forza have the same problems or was it just the 2014, if so would I be better off getting the 2016 pcx 150
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

family wrote:my main concern is reliability
Don't be concerned, just ride the thing.
You'll find out soon enough if its OK or not.
The issue you have with the fuel leak isn't a problem of scooter reliability, its a problem of incompetence at the dealer.
A 2016 Forza will still have the problem of a shit rear brake mounting position meaning that every time you need to check the pad wear the exhaust has to come off.
Similarly every time the rear wheel has to come out, the exhaust has to come off.
This adds up to lots of new silencer connection gaskets...
The problems I have experienced you likely won't unless you do 10,000 miles or more a year.
A 2016 PCX150 has a top speed of 63mph, so pretty useless.
Having owned a Forza you would probably be very disappointed with the downgrade to a PCX.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

Over 18,000 miles on my 2014 Forza without a single problem. Have never checked the valves, still have the original brake pads. Still looks and runs exactly like its brand new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

AustinPCX wrote:Over 18,000 miles on my 2014 Forza without a single problem. Have never checked the valves, still have the original brake pads. Still looks and runs exactly like its brand new.

Yes you have the original pads but how much pad is left? When I pulled my rears I was right down to the steel.

How many oil changes have you done?

Congrats if it is all good. Do you do any highway riding? Or are you all low speed?

What is your secret???
Pete07bikes
Color: White

Post by Pete07bikes »

Don't want to tempt fate but my '64 reg Forza 300 has performed faultlessly since I bought it at 6 months old with 2,000 miles last March.
It's now done 12,700 miles, was serviced at 6,100 miles (when 1 year old) had a new rear tyre at 7,500 miles and that's it. My commute is 25 miles each way on Motorways & Dual carriageways where I average 60-65 mph and get 80-85 mpg. Brakes are still on the original pads, only slight issue is rusty silencer.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

If you can't squeeze it over yer lemon sole it's a Forza
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

davenowherejones wrote:
AustinPCX wrote:Over 18,000 miles on my 2014 Forza without a single problem. Have never checked the valves, still have the original brake pads. Still looks and runs exactly like its brand new.

Yes you have the original pads but how much pad is left? When I pulled my rears I was right down to the steel.

Congrats if it is all good. Do you do any highway riding? Or are you all low speed?

What is your secret???
Had plenty of pad when I replaced the rear wheel last June, 6000 miles ago.

3 oil changes. 800 miles, 8000 miles and 16,000 miles.

Almost all of it on the highway at 65-75 mph as the bike is used exclusively for commuting to work and back.
family

Post by family »

My Forza is new keep in mind. When I start my Forza 300 it makes a loud screeching noise before it starts..... is that normal?
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

Not sure why it would screech before you start it. Do you need to lose a few pounds?

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

AustinPCX wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:

What is your secret???
Had plenty of pad when I replaced the rear wheel last June, 6000 miles ago.

3 oil changes. 800 miles, 8000 miles and 16,000 miles.

Almost all of it on the highway at 65-75 mph as the bike is used exclusively for commuting to work and back.
I guess that the highway travel requires very little in the way of brakes so that is probably why they have lasted so long.
family

Post by family »

@AustinPCX. That's funny. I'm very physical fit. 5'9 175lb

Let me rephrase. It's a very high pitch sound.... after doing some research and YouTube videos, every forza makes the same sound right before start
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

davenowherejones wrote:What is your secret???
Dave, there is no secret. It is commonly accepted... Stay the HELL away from the mechanics (as much as possible)!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I think it should be mandatory that the Forza posters place the word in the topic like this. Saved us a lot of headache he did.... nice man.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

homie wrote:I think it should be mandatory that the Forza posters place the word in the topic like this. Saved us a lot of headache he did.... nice man.
The Forum software gives a clear indication near the top of every page what section you're in.

e.g: "Board Index » Honda Forza 300 » General"

So no headaches required, just reading glasses...