HondaPcx150 Vs Suzuki Burgman 200

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcx150man
Year: 2014
Color: white

HondaPcx150 Vs Suzuki Burgman 200

Post by pcx150man »

:) Hi there , so I took the 200 for a test ride the other day....and I have to say it was better than the pcx except for the three things....

1. Not quite as good looking, but passable

2.Not quite as zippy up to 80ks, mind you the test bike had 16 kilometres on the clock maybe a little tight,,,,but very passable never the less.

3. And this is the deal breaker, for me at least,,,although i really like the seat hight ...low, but even my knees are bent in such a manor as to become super cramped feeling after less than 500 metres!!.....and get this..I am only 169 cm tall!!...even with my legs out stretched into the chopper position or cruising if you will,,,,not passable.

Everything else about this bike it nothing short of tremendous , cruise on 120 km's all aday,,,the suspension is fantastic at soaking up the bumps, storage is A1, the wide sure footed tyres, felt positive , braking A1 also.........Just a brilliant scooter..for people waaay under 169 cm...ok,ok, so that may be most of Japan, just not here in Australia...sigh
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: HondaPcx150 Vs Suzuki Burgman 200

Post by gn2 »

What's 169cm in real money?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

gn2 wrote:What's 169cm in real money?
Around 5' 6" or 5' 7"
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My Bergman 400 had an adjustable back brace on the seat. Doesn't the 200 have one also? My 400 was a wonderful bike to ride. When my wife and I looked at the 200 we thought it looked a little strange as apposed to the 400, which was sitting right beside it. The side kick stand made the bike lean too far, and the back end of the 200 angles up quite a bit. Still, the seat wasn't uncomfortable.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
pcx150man

Post by pcx150man »

Mel46 wrote:My Bergman 400 had an adjustable back brace on the seat. Doesn't the 200 have one also? My 400 was a wonderful bike to ride. When my wife and I looked at the 200 we thought it looked a little strange as apposed to the 400, which was sitting right beside it. The side kick stand made the bike lean too far, and the back end of the 200 angles up quite a bit. Still, the seat wasn't uncomfortable.

Not really sure about the lean on the side stand...i did not notice anything unusual, I did use both centre and side...I can not begin to tell how uncomfortable and cramped feeling it was with my knees pointing up so!...it was akin to that feeling when you hit about the 5 hour mark when flying economy class....you stretch your legs out ..only to be stopped by the seat in front of you..I just could not cope with that,,or ever get used to it.

The seat itself made my pcx seat feel like an old wooden park bench.

It really is maxi scooter feel...but so light weight.

Oddly enough I was almost wondering if it were ever possible to modify the floor a tad...err deepen it...I feel like a traitor here(lol) ...but if it were not for the riding position...I would swap my pcx for one in a heartbeat!!
pcx150man

Post by pcx150man »

DailyRider wrote:
gn2 wrote:What's 169cm in real money?
Around 5' 6" or 5' 7"

Pretty much, yes
pcx150man

Post by pcx150man »

Perhaps if the new Yamaha 155 had a cruising speed of 110 kph and could sit all day on that without screaming, any one have this kind of info on one yet?... ...that may well be an other option ...I will test ride one when it becomes available...I consider the forosa..just a little to heavy for me as I weigh in a hefty 58kilo's after a large meal and one 600ml bottle of Coke...lol
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Sounds similar to the seating position on the Forza 300, the problem for some being the relative height between the footboards and seat rather than the seat height as measured to the ground.
So the problem is high footboards rather than a low seat. ;)
It took me quite a while to get used to the Forza seating position and it sounds like the Burgman 200 is similar.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
roger44
Year: 2015
Color: BLACK

Post by roger44 »

pcx150man wrote::) Hi there , so I took the 200 for a test ride the other day....and I have to say it was better than the pcx except for the three things....

1. Not quite as good looking, but passable

2.Not quite as zippy up to 80ks, mind you the test bike had 16 kilometres on the clock maybe a little tight,,,,but very passable never the less.

3. And this is the deal breaker, for me at least,,,although i really like the seat hight ...low, but even my knees are bent in such a manor as to become super cramped feeling after less than 500 metres!!.....and get this..I am only 169 cm tall!!...even with my legs out stretched into the chopper position or cruising if you will,,,,not passable.

Everything else about this bike it nothing short of tremendous , cruise on 120 km's all aday,,,the suspension is fantastic at soaking up the bumps, storage is A1, the wide sure footed tyres, felt positive , braking A1 also.........Just a brilliant scooter..for people waaay under 169 cm...ok,ok, so that may be most of Japan, just not here in Australia...sigh
I had a 200 Burgy, but had to get rid of it because of the hard and choppy ride, and you say its better than a PCX. Not good, im thinking of buying a PCX so Id better have another think about that.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

roger44 wrote:
I had a 200 Burgy, but had to get rid of it because of the hard and choppy ride, and you say its better than a PCX. Not good, im thinking of buying a PCX so Id better have another think about that.
Vehicle preference is subjective. Try the PCX, see if you like it. It's like the story of the blind men and the elephant. Each one had a hold of a different part of the elephant and had an entirely different experience. You may find the PCX is perfect for you because what you want in a vehicle is not what others want.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

I tested the Yamaha n max 155 for a week in Thailand, imho it just simply kills pcx150 in everything. Better engine: 4Valves, variable valve timing system. ABS, rear disk brake, WAY better braking feel. Wider more comfortable seat, more of underseat space, WAY better suspension both front and rear for my 100kgs of weight matched very well. Both pcx and yamaha are selling for about the same price there. N max 155 no doubt about it!

The most pleasant thing about this scoot is the engine. It feels like 300cc, so smooth and easy to accelerate.
Honda should do something about this!
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

PCXman,

Thanks for the write-up. I dismissed all the Burgys for a silly reason when I was looking - I can't stand the plastic covering on the bars (says WAY more about my insanity that a rip on the bike). I never got so far as to be cramped in the knees a la the Forza and Kymco Downtown.

Nmax? Interesting...I assume the same engine/tranny as the Yammie Smacks - which I loved, except for the aforementioned cramped seating position. That one looks like it will let you stretch out a bit more, like our Pee Cee and Exes...

Sorta glad the Nmax is not available in North America, I had a tough enough time making a decision...lol.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts,

Mike
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Wingscribe wrote: Sorta glad the Nmax is not available in North America, I had a tough enough time making a decision...lol.
Mexico is part of North America. :D
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Excuse my ignorance...while I am not geographically impaired, I guess I need to brush up on the scooter offerings from my neighbor to the south...and probably get jealous...

-100 Internet points for me...and I felt the burn.

Mike
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Wingscribe wrote:Excuse my ignorance...while I am not geographically impaired, I guess I need to brush up on the scooter offerings from my neighbor to the south...and probably get jealous...

Mike
Not all bad--you get to call dkazzed an American. ;)
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dkazzed wrote:
Wingscribe wrote: Sorta glad the Nmax is not available in North America, I had a tough enough time making a decision...lol.
Mexico is part of North America. :D

True
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Wingscribe wrote:Excuse my ignorance...while I am not geographically impaired, I guess I need to brush up on the scooter offerings from my neighbor to the south...and probably get jealous...

Mike
Lol no burn intended. Not like it's a walk in the park to import vehicles from Mexico anyway...
Bash On! wrote:Not all bad--you get to call dkazzed an American. ;)
MURICA!, eh?
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

America is like Ireland.
The northenmost part of Ireland isn't in Northern Ireland.
The southernmost part of North America is further south than a whole country in Central America.
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Damn, I am such an expert troll, I was trolling when I had no intent to troll...

So, the Bergman 200...(he says, trying to get the thread back on track).

hehe,

Mike
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

pcx150man wrote:Perhaps if the new Yamaha 155 had a cruising speed of 110 kph and could sit all day on that without screaming, any one have this kind of info on one yet?... ...that may well be an other option ...I will test ride one when it becomes available...I consider the forosa..just a little to heavy for me as I weigh in a hefty 58kilo's after a large meal and one 600ml bottle of Coke...lol
It's a pity we don't have the 155 in the Nmax or Tricity yet. I'd be all over a Tricity 155 or bigger. Nah, they should just go all out and put a 20kW 200 in it! :D