Yamaha NMax 155 with ABS

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Tom192
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Re: Yamaha NMax 155 with ABS

Post by Tom192 »

4000k service intervals is a massive difference wonder if the oil capacity is greater?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

fish wrote:
dkazzed wrote:The ABS is front wheel only, unless I'm mistaken. I've never locked up my front wheels before.
Maybe I'm mistaken ....but have never heard of a one-wheel-only ABS system. ABS is a braking system that is connected to all wheels of a scooter or motorcycle. With ABS you will not have either end of a scooter lock up under braking.
Fish
As with anything related to the manufacture of products, many things are cost driven. It has been my observation that many small bikes/scooters will only have ABS on the front wheel, thereby keeping the costs down. The chances of locking up the front wheel are greater, primarily due to the superior stopping power of the front brake, so it make sense that on an entry level machine, ABS would be considered more important on the front wheel. On high end bikes, I can see ABS on both front and back, but I've seen smaller bikes that only have it on the front.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Front wheel lock-up normally results in a crash.
Rear wheel lock up no such problem.
Interested to know what scooters have front wheel only ABS, the only ones I an think of are the Vespa Primavera and Sprint.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Front wheel lock-up normally results in a crash.
Interested to know what scooters have front wheel only ABS, the only ones I an think of are the Vespa Primavera and Sprint.

Locking the real wheel is great fun. Starting with yer peddle bike when you were a kid
namthip
Year: 2016
Color: red

Post by namthip »

easyrider wrote:Looks like a copy in the styling dept.,however the Nmax is much neater in placement of the control cables and the plastic panels look to have more screws than clips that break frequently on the honda. Same look but Yamaha has made it a bit more refined and outdoes it in the wheel and braking departments.Until you ride one and check out the running power, noise level ,and vibration, smoothness etc, the edge might go to the nmax.. Whats the price difference ??I would bet the Honda is cheaper..if not it will be..
In the land of smiles the nmax is 150 usd cheaper than the Pcx . In Indonesia where the nmax is made they are even cheaper than that compared to the pcx.. It took me 10 days to order and get my pcx as the shops had no stock.. The nmax is available the same day in all the Yamaha shops,in my town about 6 dealers . Not many yet on the roads but only been out about four months so have to give it time.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you wrote:

Locking the real wheel is great fun. Starting with yer peddle bike when you were a kid
Oh gosh yeah, on a peddler! Miss that! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

I've gone down due to a rear wheel lock up and gotten myself out of several others by unlocking the rear wheel.

Meanwhile, I haven't been able to do a stoppie yet.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
BenChiew
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by BenChiew »

namthip wrote:
easyrider wrote:Looks like a copy in the styling dept.,however the Nmax is much neater in placement of the control cables and the plastic panels look to have more screws than clips that break frequently on the honda. Same look but Yamaha has made it a bit more refined and outdoes it in the wheel and braking departments.Until you ride one and check out the running power, noise level ,and vibration, smoothness etc, the edge might go to the nmax.. Whats the price difference ??I would bet the Honda is cheaper..if not it will be..
In the land of smiles the nmax is 150 usd cheaper than the Pcx . In Indonesia where the nmax is made they are even cheaper than that compared to the pcx.. It took me 10 days to order and get my pcx as the shops had no stock.. The nmax is available the same day in all the Yamaha shops,in my town about 6 dealers . Not many yet on the roads but only been out about four months so have to give it time.
do you have abs in the Thai model Nmax?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dkazzed wrote:I've gone down due to a rear wheel lock up and gotten myself out of several others by unlocking the rear wheel.

Meanwhile, I haven't been able to do a stoppie yet.

You won't on a scooter. And it's the front brake you use for that
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:
you you wrote:

Oh gosh yeah, on a peddler! Miss that! 8)

Fantastic wasn't it. Pedal as hard as you could, let it fishtail and end in a flourish in front of your mates.

Ah to be young again...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ Tease - I'm ready to give it a go right now!! The Hell-mit my age and back. "We're Alive 2yous!" Skidding, fishtailing... Aye, those were great times 8)
Later, we met 4 wheels w/4 tires and (shhh...) did the same!
On snow...in a park lot with all yer friends in yer Jeep 8) Woot!
I just caught me a BIG Smile :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

dkazzed wrote:The ABS is front wheel only, unless I'm mistaken. I've never locked up my front wheels before.
Both wheels in Thailand.

The new Tricity ( three wheels) also gets the 155cc engine.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

waspmike wrote:
Both wheels in Thailand.

Are ALL riders in scooter promotional videos 5'1" tall?!!
This guy makes that little scooter look like it has the wheelbase of an HD!
Fish
ScooterAddict
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by ScooterAddict »

Tom192 wrote:4000k service intervals is a massive difference wonder if the oil capacity is greater?
Maybe the interval is longer because it may actually have a real oil filter and not a screen to catch big birds and bugs!!
2013 PCX150, GIVI tall w/s, Hondaline topcase, Tusk 15mm handlebar risers, NCY Variator, NCY Drive Face, NCY 13gram rollers. (I put a brand new Honda OEM belt on), R- Michelin City Grip, Front- Michelin City Grip, 10w30 syn with 2oz of MotorKote, GrabOn grip covers.

2013 Honda CRF250L
2-2005 Honda Metropolitan's,
I have always had big displacement road bikes. I'm now into the "small revolution."
I just need one more 2 wheeler!!
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

fish wrote:
waspmike wrote:
Both wheels in Thailand.

Are ALL riders in scooter promotional videos 5'1" tall?!!
This guy makes that little scooter look like it has the wheelbase of an HD!
Fish
Honda in Indonesia makes something like 5 million motorbikes a year 98.8% sold to people 5' 1" ;)

NB. Pizza boxes are bigger than the pizza, candy bars are smaller then the wrapper. :lol:
Phil

Post by Phil »

Great scoot. This is the EU-125ccm version with 9kW. Rides and accelerates well. BTW ABS engages for both brakes (front/rear). Service intervals: 6000km.
After all, I am quite happy my second PCX purchase did not work out and I had to get the NMAX instead.
Click image for full size (hosted externally!)
txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 13&14
Color: Rojox2

Post by txpcx13 »

I just rented one for 2 days in Chiang Rai after renting a 2015 PCX 150 in Chiang Mai... It's a little quicker, breaks are awesome, don't like the riding position (mostly where the scoot rubs the inside of your legs). Total driving experience, ergonomics, performance, blah blah blah.... I love the PCX and happy to stay with it.
2013 Honda PCX (Red) - NCY 13g rollers, golden variator, drive face, YSS shocks, Givi E450
2014 Honda Forza (Red) - Adige 17g rollers, Kappa K466