Riding year-long and can't imagine it being the other way..

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Riding year-long and can't imagine it being the other wa

Post by you you »

Scoot Commute wrote:Blazinby, That looks colder than in my freezer.
Here in Australia I rarely see less than 7 C and that is getting way to cold for.....ideal is around 20 C, happy days

9 C tonight at around 9pm. Along with a break in the rain.

Where is my Hawaii shirt
vader1701
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by vader1701 »

I am a new member, here in Michigan, I own a Silverwing and I just bought the PCX for my daughter. I have a buddy that has a 125 and he uses the heck out if it and that's what sold me. Perfect bike for my daughter to learn on....Going to train her then she has to take the MSF class but with all that she is a future PCX rider in the making.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Welcome, vader1701! We have some things in common: I also ride a Silver Wing and have a PCX to be given to my daughter on her 15th birthday in a couple months.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you wrote:
Scoot Commute wrote:Blazinby, That looks colder than in my freezer.
Here in Australia I rarely see less than 7 C and that is getting way to cold for.....ideal is around 20 C, happy days

9 C tonight at around 9pm. Along with a break in the rain.

Where is my Hawaii shirt
Off topic I know, but I can't stop myself from responding :oops:
Now you've got Me wondering the same thing. Mine disappeared. Loved that shirt! Last seen in Florida on Me at a restaurant called "Catches" (ouu..on the water). I had a neighbor friend that collected Hawaiian shirts, he has some real beauties. Here's one I saw online, very different but it needs to be brighter.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (37.43 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
Sorry folks. Back to riding, or was it...Not riding year round?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

[quote="WhiteNoise"]Off topic I know, but I can't stop myself from responding :oops: ......
image.jpeg
It looks more like a Hawaiian quilt than a shirt. :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Embattle »

I ride all year and only snow would probably stop me but we don't get much of that in the London area.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

That's Wonderful that you're out there Embattle! :P

Cheers to all Year Round Riders!! 8)

I'm missing riding. Baby is all spiffy n cozied up inside the garage.
The snow is off the streets. Salt, sand and puddles n mud lie in its place. Ewww
Temps are suppose to go up this week....we'll see :roll:

kram, it does!! I bet it's pieces of several "H" shirts patched 2gether (maybe my friends collection narrowed down? 8) One never knows,....
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
foggyhelmet
Regular User
Regular User

Post by foggyhelmet »

:ugeek: Intended to ride it all year long, but Colorado usually has other plans. High winds, hail, wintry mixes worse than snow, snow, ice, California drivers, sideways snow, California drivers......list goes on.

The weather events basically pose a challenge in that to mentally get over the delay I have to force myself to ride and "appetize" my hunger to get back out there. Don't get me wrong. In normal weather, once I get going on dry roads, there's nothing better than the PCX. One bad experience in a dicey weather event can remove that appetite faster than you can say molasses in winter.

I do need a pair of those wind guards. Probably the greatest obstacle, as the hands can get wet very quickly. Assuming that PCX is going to be far more exposed than nearly any vehicle, you accept that. They could probably make a ton of money creating a kit that is all 3 of these: 1) Super-warm 2) Completely waterproof 3) Completely windproof ....and then a heated seat would be a great addition, assuming it is made completely moisture proof.

This set of items or features would work any time we riders get up in the morning to encounter 21 degree weather but clear streets. Even if you beat the moisture, freeze, and snow, the icy winds penetrate way too much to brave every single dry road year-round. Or at least can be discouraging, unless you are in remote Russia and it is acceptable to drive with vodka in your system.

But I'd love to take on that challenge! 365 days, and only deterred by actual ice on roads. Killing the wind is a very formidable opponent.
foggyhelmet
Regular User
Regular User

Post by foggyhelmet »

Bash On! wrote:I ride year-round, but in winter only if:
-No precipitation falling or less than a 40% chance of precipitation that day
-No ice on roads
-Temp over 40 degrees F
-Daughter doesn't need a ride to school

Otherwise, I'm luxuriating with heated seats in my car. Had a time when a motorcycle was my only transportation but not now.
That sounds so good right now. I gave up the 4 wheeler for the 2 wheeler though. Cannibalized savings to keep a roof over my head, but plan is to keep the PCX and acquire anything with a cabin and 4 wheels, and heating! That's the best way to go if you have to split days depending on temperature, wind etc.

I will ride 20 degrees and dry. Haven't found the best goggles yet though, so moisture + frost is my adversary for now. Thank God I have great internal balancing skills. Hence the nickname -I've ridden blind in a few unexpected white-out storms, for hours trying to get home. When I can see clearly, the cold becomes very tolerable.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

I live in the snowbelt. I ride every day I can, winter, summer, spring, fall. Every day that there is a decent hope the back wheel will grab the street. I do not ride in falling or newly fallen snow or in hard falling rain. After ice storms, also no. Otherwise I am on my therapist. Long Live El Niño!
Robert R
Regular User
Regular User
Year: S-wing 2014
Color: White

Post by Robert R »

Got my S wing 125 on 29th January. Two months and 3,000 miles later in scottish weather I've ridden in pretty much everything that nature throws. Quite slowly in snow :lol: Round here the biggest danger is run off of gravel, mud and sand onto the roads plus mucho mud dropped by farmers tractors, not so easy to spot at night :o So far rubber side has stayed down. Going to fit Continental Move 365 tyres once originals are worn out though, will also enable me to drive up the estate tracks to the hill lochs to fish :D
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

I should have left for home a half hour earlier. Freak April snow storm. I saw it coming on the radar but lingered mt goodbyes for too long. Made it 20 minutes out of 45 by wiping the snow off of my visor every 5 seconds but once my chin vent clogged up I was done because of fogging. I would hve needed a heated face shield to ride through that. it was 40F so it wasn't sticking on the road, but I couldn't see. Cars were even pulling over. Limped back 1/2 a mile to the gas station and waited an hour to let the first snow band pass. Those hot air hand dryers in the bathrooms are great for blowing water and ice out of your helmet. Then rode home no problem.
foggyhelmet
Regular User
Regular User

Post by foggyhelmet »

sendler2112 wrote:I should have left for home a half hour earlier. Freak April snow storm. I saw it coming on the radar but lingered mt goodbyes for too long. Made it 20 minutes out of 45 by wiping the snow off of my visor every 5 seconds but once my chin vent clogged up I was done because of fogging. I would hve needed a heated face shield to ride through that. it was 40F so it wasn't sticking on the road, but I couldn't see. Cars were even pulling over. Limped back 1/2 a mile to the gas station and waited an hour to let the first snow band pass. Those hot air hand dryers in the bathrooms are great for blowing water and ice out of your helmet. Then rode home no problem.
Yes. This is exactly it.

Looking at battery operated hair dryers. They do exist. Travel 20 miles in a freak storm, open waterproof bag with hair dryer in it, dry gloves and warm hands. Almost need the drying function more than the heating function.
Chapel
Year: 2016
Color: White

Post by Chapel »

No winter here just plain hot sun and some heavy downpour days. Right now we are experiencing a heat wave, riding in 109 degree is no small feat.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Chapel wrote:No winter here just plain hot sun and some heavy downpour days. Right now we are experiencing a heat wave, riding in 109 degree is no small feat.

Oh p155 off :D :D :D

Come to Yorkshire for misery.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yorkshire! Hear that folks? Oops...I mean, READ that folks? :D
Rain? It's been raining here quite a bit lately, even had snow.
Psst....It's Spring. Flowers are breaking ground. Snows gone.
Sunday: Shout out to Sun, "Shine!" It's Out!! :P
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Come to Yorkshire for misery.[/quote]

:D :D :D Is that an accommodation offer? :D :D :D

:D :D :D How long does it normally take for you to make someone really miserable? :lol: :lol: :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JohnL wrote:Come to Yorkshire for misery.
:D :D :D Is that an accommodation offer? :D :D :D

:D :D :D How long does it normally take for you to make someone really miserable? :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Yes it's an accommodation offer if you get this far. Yorkshire isn't in Australia you know.

And I'm a bundle of joy compared to a Yorkshireman.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

how about a new topper for youyou
Attachments
youyou.jpg
youyou.jpg (8.76 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ Yeah that AND a "Hi-Viz" Morning Coat :lol: (cutouts for wings of course :D )