Honda NC700

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Honda NC700

Post by WhiteNoise »

TC3, Fiah & spongebobnopants, NC700 Fever! Make a movie!
Beautiful machine guys...Congratulations! :P
Fun video sbnp & taken with (the I want)... GoPro!hd? I also heard some rumble...sweet!
TC3 has plan for new can....Got-ta-hear-that!!
Fiah....how cool are you dudes? 8) 8) 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Just a quick sum up on the bike.....basically it rocks! First fill up has put me at 81 mpg. I am enjoying the extra power for over taking others and also cruising at 85 mph at just over 4k revs in 6th gear makes for a very nice relaxed ride. The storage being a few litres less than the PCX has not been an issue so far when out doing a small shop.

The fly screen i added has taken all wind off my chest and now it flows to top of shoulders. On test bike i had trouble getting to 85 and felt i would be blown off but with the fly screen i got to over 90 yesterday and was fine for overtaking. I am liking the R&G tail tidy as well as the hugger i added and fender extender. Pelacrash bobbins on the way and Beowulf black exhaust being ordered next week. Also ordered some carbon fibre wrap to use on metal part of crash bobbins as well as the tank lid to stop my jacker rubbing. Added some matt helicopter tape to the heel guards as they are painted which wears off.

All in all very pleased. Here are 2 pics for you to see some of the changes/ additions

And of course the birds are liking this motor too :)

Tristik
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Tristik »

That last one is freakin' hilarious! :)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Wow, looks awesome. I like how sharp the rear end looks now.

81mpg is phenomenal too. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Some fooker has spraypainted your reg plate :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

TC3 wrote:Just a quick sum up on the bike.....basically it rocks! First fill up has put me at 81 mpg. I am enjoying the extra power for over taking others and also cruising at 85 mph at just over 4k revs in 6th gear makes for a very nice relaxed ride.
:D That's what I wanted to hear :D.
I'm guessing the X would be the same?

Watch those geese - they'll chew through any rubber or plastic they can given half a chance, I'm not joking.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

BLACK
8) Very sharp and sexy! So TC are your plans to eventually go "all-out" black? Are you going to change the mirrors? Adding a flavor of wicked?....with a good amount of mirror surface?
Even if you left this baby as is.......It's Awesome!! (yer birdies telled me so :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

gn2 wrote:Some fooker has spraypainted your reg plate :lol:
:)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

maddiedog wrote:Wow, looks awesome. I like how sharp the rear end looks now.

81mpg is phenomenal too. :D
Yeah me liking the looks ......i am shocked and the 2nd tank full is looking good too though i have been riding it a bit harder as the end of the running in approaches.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

edscoot wrote:
TC3 wrote:Just a quick sum up on the bike.....basically it rocks! First fill up has put me at 81 mpg. I am enjoying the extra power for over taking others and also cruising at 85 mph at just over 4k revs in 6th gear makes for a very nice relaxed ride.
:D That's what I wanted to hear :D.
I'm guessing the X would be the same?

Watch those geese - they'll chew through any rubber or plastic they can given half a chance, I'm not joking.
Yes the X will be the same but that little bit more wind protection does make a difference. I have ordered the leg deflector kit for my bike as over 80 and into the 90's would be nice to have some of the wind deflected from my legs .... dont like having them pried apart ;)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

WhiteNoise wrote:BLACK
8) Very sharp and sexy! So TC are your plans to eventually go "all-out" black? Are you going to change the mirrors? Adding a flavor of wicked?....with a good amount of mirror surface?
Even if you left this baby as is.......It's Awesome!! (yer birdies telled me so :lol:
I have to stop somewhere and the mirrors are good as is for now. We are moving to the states in 2 years so i will have to put the bike back to standard and either sell off the extras or put some of them on an X if i get one in the states. To bad they dont sell the S out there!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Whats the service intervals for the NC? Looks great!
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

600 mile oil and filter than every 8k/ 12 months.
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

My NC700SD!

edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

I passed my direct access motorcycle test today which means I'm no longer constrained to 125cc/15hp. Could those of you who have the experience tell me if the NC700S or X would make a good first big bike, or would you recommend something smaller, say 400- 500cc?

All advice very greatly appreciated :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

It depends on what you want to use it for.
If you are primarily going to use it for commuting, in my opinion you would be far better off with a 250-400cc maxiscooter.
I think that the best of the current bunch is the Piaggio X10 350.
If it definitely has to be a motorbike, imo the manual S is the best of the NC700 range and would be OK for a first big bike.
It wouldn't be my choice though, I don't like the engine.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

It also depends on your dimensions especially leg length. You need to sit on lots of bikes at dealers to work out your preferences. As I am tall I like adventure tourer style bikes like a Vstrom or BMW 1200GS. But we are all different. I will wait for the X10 350 to be available here as a PCX commuter upgrade for me.
spongebobnopants

Honda NC700

Post by spongebobnopants »

I'm at about 1600 miles and driving it everyday I can. waiting on a bunch of parts as Honda has been slow to release them. Heated grips, side cases and top box, taller shield, and center stand... I miss that one big time.

I drive in "D" 99% of the time. I occasionally put it in "S" if I need to overtake someone quickly. Manual is a bit of a novelty, but glad I have the option. I can easily get into the 80's and 70's if I'm blasting around. The gas gauge is a bit conservative. I did 40 miles after the last bar was blinking and filling it indicated a gallon still left.

I have a long distance trip I'm planning if my cases come it. I report back on the comfort of a 5 hour ride.

After driving the DCT, I couldn't imagine going to a manual bike. Not with the amount of traffic I'm in. I could see myself on a larger true adventure bike if they come out with DCT. My only regrets is not riding a bike earlier in life... I made money driving the PCX and the NC pays for itself in gas savings.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Ask the question over at nc700.co.uk as there are many dct owners who came from a scooter.
I would tecommend a test ride on anything you are considering.
In my case I am loving the S manual version. Would I recommend it to others......no question about it!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

How are you guys finding the seat on long journeys. It seems thin and hard but hopefully is more comfortable for trips.