General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

soozy07
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by soozy07 »

Hi everyone, I'm new. :roll: My 2014 pcx arrives on Monday, do you have any tips which would be helpful to me? I'm hoping to get a bit more stuck in with this bike and try to do stuff by myself (oil changes etc). Have previously owned an aprilia habana and a Peugeot vivacity 3, both lovely bikes but cost me a fortune with the mechanic (not sure all the jobs needed doing!). My CBT instructor said I'm going to feel the difference between the power of a 50cc to a 125cc. I can't wait! :P
db22
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Re: Newbie

Post by db22 »

You will love your new PCX. Don't be afraid to do your own maintenance -- there are lots of good tutorials here to get around ridiculous service bills. If I can do it, anyone can. Welcome to the forum!
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Post by honkerman »

My only bit of advice would be to keep the scooter more or less vertical while riding it. Trying to ride it horizontally changes the experience entirely and ruins the ride comfort. ;D

Happy riding and be safe
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Be sure to pamper it, and give it a name. Put a tall windshield on it and perhaps a tail box for your rain gear. Then you will be ready for almost anything. I noticed that over there they put this big "L" on the bike while you are learning to ride them. Don't put it on the small windshield if you are planning on replacing the windshield with a tall one. I don't know how difficult it would be to pull it off once you have changed to the new windshield.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:My only bit of advice would be to keep the scooter more or less vertical while riding it. Trying to ride it horizontally changes the experience entirely and ruins the ride comfort. ;D

Happy riding and be safe

Are you joking?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey hey! We meet again (that happens in biker communities :P )
Okay you've had other 2 wheelers but I think that "This" is the one that will stick to ya. In other words, ya gonna love it! You'll see what I mean when you get rolling 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
soozy07

Post by soozy07 »

db22 wrote:You will love your new PCX. Don't be afraid to do your own maintenance -- there are lots of good tutorials here to get around ridiculous service bills. If I can do it, anyone can. Welcome to the forum!
I've seen some of the tutorials, they look very easy to follow which is good. A lovely sense of community in this forum. I'm sure you'll all get fed up of my questions :lol:
soozy07

Post by soozy07 »

honkerman wrote:My only bit of advice would be to keep the scooter more or less vertical while riding it. Trying to ride it horizontally changes the experience entirely and ruins the ride comfort. ;D

Happy riding and be safe
I tried horizontal on my vivacity, in the snow. That was quite fun... o_O
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

you you wrote:

Happy riding and be safe

Are you joking?
Are you serious?
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

soozy07 wrote:

Happy riding and be safe
I tried horizontal on my vivacity, in the snow. That was quite fun... o_O
Little bumpy? The suspension gets a bit stiff. :D

Did the same back in December on gravel.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:
you you wrote:

Happy riding and be safe

Are you joking?
Are you serious?

Do you really ride your bike trying to keep it vertical all the time?