dumbest thing ever...

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: dumbest thing ever...

Post by you you »

PingGam wrote:Before moving to Thailand, I would have said multiple people on a scooter.

However, now seeing three to five people on a scooter, including kids standing up and people holding new born babies is common place. All with no helmets.

Yesterday I saw a women riding with two kids about 3-4 years old, one in front of her and one behind. She had to ride the scooter with one hand as the other was behind her back to stop the child behind her from falling off.

Did she have an accident?
PingGam
Year: 2012 PCX
Color: Black

Post by PingGam »

you you wrote:

Did she have an accident?
Not that I saw.
Current Scooters
2012 PCX 150 Black
2016 Forza 300 ABS Yellow
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Oh latest Dumbazz thing, all week the wife has been bugging me to take her to the range. No problem except that I was in a hurry to clean and put away 3 Glocks and a Judge long colt... Homie don't store dirty firearms. Unfortunately one weapon still had a round in the chamber and I put it through the ceiling of my house whilst clearing the weapon o_O

So I'm flaming mad (at myself) the wife is laughing as I'm swearing like a drunken sailor, something she always finds amusing because I rarely swear. I'm trying to stop her from doing a group text to everyone we know and insisting she never speak of this again whilst turned on my police scanner to see if anyone cared and no one did.. typical Chicago land Friday night :roll:

I've never let an un-intentional round leave the end of a barrel in my life but today I'm patching a .45 ACP hole in the ceiling and wondering if this is how it starts. When the mind starts to slip, one senor moment, then another and another until you are just too stupid to manage what you have managed your whole life.... so lame!
Attachments
100_2983.JPG
100_2983.JPG (73.81 KiB) Viewed 2087 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Oh latest Dumbazz thing, all week the wife has been bugging me to take her to the range. No problem except that I was in a hurry to clean and put away 3 Glocks and a Judge long colt... Homie don't store dirty firearms. Unfortunately one weapon still had a round in the chamber and I put it through the ceiling of my house whilst clearing the weapon o_O

So I'm flaming mad (at myself) the wife is laughing as I'm swearing like a drunken sailor, something she always finds amusing because I rarely swear. I'm trying to stop her from doing a group text to everyone we know and insisting she never speak of this again whilst turned on my police scanner to see if anyone cared and no one did.. typical Chicago land Friday night :roll:

I've never let an un-intentional round leave the end of a barrel in my life but today I'm patching a .45 ACP hole in the ceiling and wondering if this is how it starts. When the mind starts to slip, one senor moment, then another and another until you are just too stupid to manage what you have managed your whole life.... so lame!

Christ. Don't you have to show clear before you case them at the range?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote: Christ. Don't you have to show clear before you case them at the range?
No YouYou, that would be a military range... civilian is more Yippie-ki-yay :lol: Totally my fault, wife will never let it go, it's like the end of every thing she says now... UGH *sigh*
Do you need to patch the roof today honey -
All clear... i'm going upstairs -
and my personal favorite,
hold your fire, I'll be right down :lol:

I wish I never done that, but I do know how it happened and it seems doable when dissembling your Glocks. First an empty magazine without cycling the slide on a semi-auto does not mean an empty weapon, I've known this my whole life. At the stall before stowing the G21 that did not get done... FAIL! So with one in the chamber my .45 came home, no excuse TOTAL FAIL!!!

When breaking Glocks down you would tilt a muzzle up or down at the floor and you MUST pull the trigger to grasp and grip and slide with one hand whilst squeezing the slide back about a half inch and pulling down on the releases with the other hand, then and only then will the slide come off. Well you know my choice was up to the sky, pull trigger in preparation for removing the slide... and that was that :roll: KA-BOOM! hole in the ceiling and forever heckled by spouse... Chief says "probably going to need a new one"
Attachments
mac&chief2.jpg
mac&chief2.jpg (10.11 KiB) Viewed 2076 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
you you wrote: Christ. Don't you have to show clear before you case them at the range?
No YouYou, that would be a military range... civilian is more Yippie-ki-yay :lol: Totally my fault, wife will never let it go, it's like the end of every thing she says now... UGH *sigh*
Do you need to patch the roof today honey -
All clear... i'm going upstairs -
and my personal favorite,
hold your fire, I'll be right down :lol:

I wish I never done that, but I do know how it happened and it seems doable when dissembling your Glocks. First an empty magazine without cycling the slide on a semi-auto does not mean an empty weapon, I've known this my whole life. At the stall before stowing the G21 that did not get done... FAIL! So with one in the chamber my .45 came home, no excuse TOTAL FAIL!!!

When breaking Glocks down you would tilt a muzzle up or down at the floor and you MUST pull the trigger to grasp and grip and slide with one hand whilst squeezing the slide back about a half inch and pulling down on the releases with the other hand, then and only then will the slide come off. Well you know my choice was up to the sky, pull trigger in preparation for removing the slide... and that was that :roll: KA-BOOM! hole in the ceiling and forever heckled by spouse... Chief says "probably going to need a new one"

I never used to touch the trigger. Use your left hand with the web over the rear site, thumb on the grip, and squeeze. The slide will come about 10mm back. Then with the right hand below pull down the two release tabs.

Bingo. Check it's clear first :D :D
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Fun at work today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UbLzuFezws

Ps. how do you post with an icon? Thanks
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

MikeP wrote:Ps. how do you post with an icon? Thanks
'scooterpappy' 8) I like that. Not sure I understand your question about an icon. You have your avatar, forum benefactor badge and your signature, I don't think there is anymore you can get with this format.
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by MikeP »

homie wrote:
MikeP wrote:Ps. how do you post with an icon? Thanks
'scooterpappy' 8) I like that. Not sure I understand your question about an icon. You have your avatar, forum benefactor badge and your signature, I don't think there is anymore you can get with this format.
Sorry I was not very clear. I notice when folks post links to youtube, there is icon, or perhaps better called a thumbnail. How does one do that? Thanks
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I believe when you post/reply, choose the [Img] icon and then browse to a file, probably a small one judging by posts above. Add that IMG at the end of somewhere in your post.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Can I add yesterday's effort?

Preparing for a ride and barefoot, as I don't put boots on until the last moment.

Putting my 1 litre glass drink bottle under the seat, and managed to drop it on my big toe.

Saved the bottle but sacrificed the toe, it's big, black and hurts :oops: :oops:
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by MikeP »

JohnL, your experience jogged my memory. A couple of years ago, I promised my daughter a xooter ride. An adult size push scooter. We would go as soon as I finished splitting some firewood. I dropped a chunk on my 2nd toe from my baby one. I was determined to keep my promise in spite of the pain. At the end of the the day, 12km later, and a black toe, found out I had fractured it. I felt like a warrior for keeping my promise. :lol:
Robert R
Regular User
Regular User
Year: S-wing 2014
Color: White

Post by Robert R »

Dumbest thing I ever did? Sold my BSA C15 SS80 at age 26 and didn't ride a bike again till age 64. I got some riding time to make up for.
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Robert R wrote:Dumbest thing I ever did? Sold my BSA C15 SS80 at age 26 and didn't ride a bike again till age 64. I got some riding time to make up for.

That's not dumb that is cool.
wadaguy
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by wadaguy »

Dumbest thing I ever did on a scoot was when I was 14. My buddy had an old pedal moped. I hopped on it, like it wasn't anything because I have always ridden motorcycles, and this is just a pansie little moped. Anyways, I gunned it and proceeded to ram the across the street neighbors boat while it was on its trailer. Didn't hurt the moped, but ruined my brand new pair of Nike hightops, and gave me a good limp for a week.....Found a new respect for 'little pansie Mopeds' that day..........
Previous Scoot, 2008 Sym RV250
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

MikeP wrote:Fun at work today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UbLzuFezws

Ps. how do you post with an icon? Thanks
Hi Mike! I think I know what you're asking ;)
When you want Us to See your youtube (rather than us clicking on a link that takes us to it) try this
it's one way to do it (by the way, you can print this out if ya wants to :P )

1) start your post....
2) then click on the youtube button, it's above the text box that you're typing in. See it? Click it.
You'll see youtube brackets appear. Right? Okay, good!
3) on another webpage go to the youtube video that you want Us to See
4) look above that youtube at the address bar. There's a long letter and number address there.
Click it then highlight everything After the = sign, then cut, then paste it (place it) Between those two youtube brackets that you created earlier (in step 2)
5) in this case, the video you wanted us to See had these numbers/letters after the = 5UbLzuFezws

I'll try this now. I'm clicking the youtube button above and placing those digits between the brackets that the button created: [youtube][/youtube]

REMEMBER...All you need are those digits After the = sign

Long version so I hope I recalled it correctly, :roll: the process becomes habit after awhile.

Heh! Why don't you give this a go right now? :P Gaw head, find and post a different video. Good luck! (to both of us ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh gosh...the dumbest thing Eva I did? Yikes! I ain't Never telling :oops: You all will think Me unstable. Use your imagination. Clue here is: unstable. A faux pas only a fool would share. No, no, nooo.....and You Can't make Me!!!

homie, yer gun blast to the ceiling, What the! Although, I will say,
I LAUGHED MY DERRIERE OFF! And Your wife's comments were friggin' PRICELESS!!

Tell Her she had me at..."All Clear...I'm Going Upstairs" :lol:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (48.13 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
(I must add....Thank God! no one got hurt, yer pups included)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:(I must add....Thank God! no one got hurt, yer pups included)
That was lucky, all that remains to the story is a little warble when I yawn in my ear to remind me . As for the dogs, they do everything I say these days... amazing! :D