Best trip average km/l or mpg

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pxc-in-japan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: Best trip average km/l or mpg

Post by pxc-in-japan »

Test 2.
Got it! I think.
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/staninjapan/408151]Image
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

It shows 44.7 km/L to me.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

pxc-in-japan wrote:
iceman wrote:
pxc-in-japan wrote:If someone can tell me how to add my fuelly.com image/banner, as per the users [sendler2112] and [ratio], that would be great thanks. I cannot find the info in the FAQ section
Go to the Fuelly dashboard, click on the your vehicle image at the top of that page, scroll down and right near the bottom click on badges and copy and paste the 2nd line near the top i.e. http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-xxxxxxxxx.png[/img] part (not the html part!) into your profile on this forum > control panel, signature.
Thank you very much. Took me a few minutes to find 'signature' in the control panel. Embarrassing. Have done that now, but it shows as U.S. miles / gallon, while my Fuelly settings are Kilo/Litre. That is no problem - I guess this forum is US based and it does not change my actual Fuelly page. Thanks again.
You should be able to set it correctly as it does not matter where you are based - edit your profile to show units (I have UK (litres/miles/mpg)) or you can do it from the dashboad, and from the dashboard, click on the bike picture at the top, > badges and then at the top set the display to UK MPG (not MPG!) and copy/paste that here - it should be similar to http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/xxxxx.png with sig-uk not sig-us or similar
Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015 + 2018
Color: Black,Matt Grey

Post by Blazinby »

Hey all,

bought bike in August/September

done about 3000 miles getting 132.5 mpg according to trip comp (unless my maths is bad this seems pretty accurate)

of course WOT can destroy mpg in just a few miles

Summer is coming :D
Lanesplitter
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by Lanesplitter »

My best in 29 fuel-ups is 96 and my worst was 80 mpg (US). My 2013 also has a tiny tank and it's really getting frustrating how often I need to fill up. Yesterday at 89 miles into a ride I planned a stop 23 miles away and had to search google maps for gas because there probably wouldn't be any gas stations along those 23 miles. 3 miles out of my way and I fueled up. I got home and needed to refuel this afternoon.

I'm going to have to start carrying spare fuel so I can ride without having to seek a gas station when I'm nearing 90 miles. I probably have another 36 reliable miles to ride, but I'm riding unfamiliar roads and I don't know where to expect a gas station.

Edit: The crappy gas mileage is partly my fault. Lots of stop signs on my 4 mile commute to work. Drivers here accelerate hard, so I go about 75% WOT every time to get out ahead. Many of my joy rides require a stint on the interstate to get away from the main highways. It's a very long way to reach the coastal highway or Napa Valley without taking either I-80 or I-580.

Has anyone built a secondary tank that feeds directly into the main tank? I would like the bike much better with a 4 gallon tank.

Photo from yesterday's ride.
Attachments
DSC_7569.jpg
DSC_7569.jpg (258.61 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
pxc-in-japan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pxc-in-japan »

sendler2112 wrote:It shows 44.7 km/L to me.
Thanks.
I managed to do it in the end.
I went back into my Fuelly account and found I had it set in another unit so I reset it to kilo/litre.
Logging out of this site and back in then showed it was O.K.

For anyone wondering how to put their Fuelly info here, just go back from this post in this thread and read the advice I got here.
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/staninjapan/408151]Image
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

Lanesplitter wrote:My best in 29 fuel-ups is 96 and my worst was 80 mpg (US). My 2013 also has a tiny tank and it's really getting frustrating how often I need to fill up. Yesterday at 89 miles into a ride I planned a stop 23 miles away and had to search google maps for gas because there probably wouldn't be any gas stations along those 23 miles. 3 miles out of my way and I fueled up. I got home and needed to refuel this afternoon.

I'm going to have to start carrying spare fuel so I can ride without having to seek a gas station when I'm nearing 90 miles. I probably have another 36 reliable miles to ride, but I'm riding unfamiliar roads and I don't know where to expect a gas station.

Edit: The crappy gas mileage is partly my fault. Lots of stop signs on my 4 mile commute to work. Drivers here accelerate hard, so I go about 75% WOT every time to get out ahead. Many of my joy rides require a stint on the interstate to get away from the main highways. It's a very long way to reach the coastal highway or Napa Valley without taking either I-80 or I-580.

Has anyone built a secondary tank that feeds directly into the main tank? I would like the bike much better with a 4 gallon tank.

I have a 2013 PCX and I'm planning on installing the 2015 gas tank. It's 2.1 gallons, cost $45 dollars and should drop in. I'm also looking at retrofitting an auxiliary tank. A cheap option could be to use another scooters gas tank as an auxiliary tank, in that regard the 2004 Honda Metropolitan gas tank might be a good candidate.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
gauss80
Year: 2013 125 Esp
Color: white

Post by gauss80 »

Whow it seems I am one with the worst km/l I have just started to use fuelly and my only read indicate 38.5km/ on a drive combined 50/50 between city traffic and countryside drive...i ll try to add as well the fuelly banner hoping I will be able to i was as well looking on how to do it..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx125/2012/gauss/535318 Image[/URL]
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Gil wrote:I have a 2013 PCX and I'm planning on installing the 2015 gas tank. It's 2.1 gallons, cost $45 dollars and should drop in. I'm also looking at retrofitting an auxiliary tank. A cheap option could be to use another scooters gas tank as an auxiliary tank, in that regard the 2004 Honda Metropolitan gas tank might be a good candidate. Gil
Great if this works - I thought this had been discussed previously and the concensus was the new '15 style larger tanks would not fit as the surrounding area and fitment are different - perhaps not?
Lanesplitter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Lanesplitter »

Gil wrote:
Lanesplitter wrote:My best in 29 fuel-ups is 96 and my worst was 80 mpg (US). My 2013 also has a tiny tank and it's really getting frustrating how often I need to fill up. Yesterday at 89 miles into a ride I planned a stop 23 miles away and had to search google maps for gas because there probably wouldn't be any gas stations along those 23 miles. 3 miles out of my way and I fueled up. I got home and needed to refuel this afternoon.

I have a 2013 PCX and I'm planning on installing the 2015 gas tank. It's 2.1 gallons, cost $45 dollars and should drop in. I'm also looking at retrofitting an auxiliary tank. A cheap option could be to use another scooters gas tank as an auxiliary tank, in that regard the 2004 Honda Metropolitan gas tank might be a good candidate.

Gil
I will be interested to hear how this works out. Since I made this post, I bought a motorcycle with a 5.3 gallon tank and I get about 63 mpg, over the first 6,000 miles.
Beachboy
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2022
Color: Red

Post by Beachboy »

I get about 115 MPG. That's crazy high. Makes one wonder about the efficacy of electric bikes.
Life's a beach in Thailand
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

iceman wrote:
Gil wrote:I have a 2013 PCX and I'm planning on installing the 2015 gas tank. It's 2.1 gallons, cost $45 dollars and should drop in. I'm also looking at retrofitting an auxiliary tank. A cheap option could be to use another scooters gas tank as an auxiliary tank, in that regard the 2004 Honda Metropolitan gas tank might be a good candidate. Gil
Great if this works - I thought this had been discussed previously and the concensus was the new '15 style larger tanks would not fit as the surrounding area and fitment are different - perhaps not?
Unfortunately, I believe this is correct. No doubt, it would be great if they were switchable to fit proper.
I took a "quick search" myself but could not locate the thread(s) on the topic of a '13 to '15 fuel tank. If you wish to do a "hardy search" yourselves, you might discover some helpful info. In the meantime, I pulled up two fuel tank photo's from Honda's spec pages for your viewing/comparing.
Good luck and please keep us updated :)

2013 Fuel Tank Assembly
2013 Fuel Tank Assembly
2013 Fuel Tank Assembly
image.gif (48.09 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
2015 Fuel Tank Assembly
2015 Fuel Tank Assembly
2015 Fuel Tank Assembly
image.gif (49.47 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScottDR »

[/quote]

Gil[/quote]

I'm in for this too. Gil, please post a "How To" on the proper page! I may want to do this as well.

Thanks!
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork, mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
Duke82
Year: 2016

Post by Duke82 »

i was getting 140-150 imperial MPG. after first service i'm getting around 133mpg for about 2000 miles
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

That's way better than the 96 colonial MPG I get.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019

Post by Alibally »

chicaboo wrote:That's way better than the 96 colonial MPG I get.
Still not bad though considering the extras fitted.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

ScottDR wrote:

Gil[/quote]

I'm in for this too. Gil, please post a "How To" on the proper page! I may want to do this as well.

Thanks![/quote]

It does look like it might fit but there's no way of knowing without trying.

Who is going to be the first whisperer? :D
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gil »

Hello everyone, I haven't attempted to install the gas tank yet as I'm still in the research stage. I still plan on going ahead with the tank swap, but since I'll be the first one to attempt this, I wan't to have all my bases covered. Meaning that I wan't to have all the possible parts that I might need. I really don't want to wait for the mail man, for parts to arrive.

From my observations of the OEM parts catalog and ebay images, I'll be ordering quite a number of parts. The parts on the list so far include the Gas Tank, fuel pump assembly (only for comparison purposes), plastic fuel latch linkage and the fuel pick up filter.

At the moment I'm waiting to free up some money, as I'm a University student, ;) The scoot is my ride to School and it sucks to fill up every other day.
I'll make sure to update this thread with the status of the tank swap, hopefully within a month or two.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

I got 140 mpg in London traffic yesterday
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Phenomenal. . .and you're still breaking it in right? Are you using Shell V-Power (99RON)? Or super unleaded (97/98RON)? Or premium unleaded (95RON)?

Your premium unleaded (95RON) would be like our regular unleaded (87 Octane). It contains about 10% ethanol.