Degradation... NCY vario kits, drive faces & rollers

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Degradation... NCY vario kits, drive faces & rollers

Post by homie »

I just noticed when comparing the bench on my PCX150 that after 4 thousand miles on my NCY vario performance kit the dam thing has improved o_O the video from over a year ago proves it. Same road, same over sized tires, same NCY vario kit. I have no explanation for the higher RPM's but the logs don't lie.

Apparently there is no decline in performance to date and actually running hotter than ever so that's cool. 800 more RPM - 6 mph faster

Original video November 2014

4k miles later March 2016

Last edited by homie on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scooter steve
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: white

Re: Degradation... NCY vario kits, drive faces & rollers

Post by scooter steve »

That's good to hear that's what I have fitted
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

scooter steve wrote:That's good to hear that's what I have fitted
I ran this bench again in preparation for the new cogged belt but DAHAM! That belt will have to at least maintain this level of performance or screw it :lol: We must grow into higher rpm and faster PCX's as they wear... I'm thinking this applies to even stock ones. I'm actually 5 lbs heavier this year too. I would say one hell of a tail wind but that dosent explain the higher rpm. Two seconds was shaved off 0-60 as well wtf
clemence
Regular User
Regular User

Post by clemence »

Put the all transmission facts aside, normal new engine under normal use should gets better after. Tighter compression, well seated valve, less valve train frictions, etc...
If you use "super good" oil in the first 10.000km (100% synthetic, super slick whadittives, ...) the results are more likely to be below normal specs. Ride hard (with proper cool downs and ramp ups) the first few critical km's is a sure way to get a good performed engine.
Never pamper your new engine!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

clemence wrote:Put the all transmission facts aside, normal new engine under normal use should gets better after. Tighter compression, well seated valve, less valve train frictions, etc... Never pamper your new engine!
Agreed, back to the mission at hand. Get in there when the parts arrive, measure and inspect the kit, report any degradation, install the new cogged belt and run the bench course again.

Maybe we learn something about these belts 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I am about to install the NCY variation, etc. on my wife's bike. I am going to use her standard belt. It has about 3,000 miles on it. I wonder if that cogged belt would be better? Let us know what happens with that once you get it. I think having another option is good.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:I am about to install the NCY variation, etc. on my wife's bike. I am going to use her standard belt. It has about 3,000 miles on it. I wonder if that cogged belt would be better? Let us know what happens with that once you get it. I think having another option is good.
On her (non-LED) PCX150 with stock tires and gorgeous figure she will leave your fat butt in her dust... how do you feel about that Mel.
txpcx13
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 13&14
Color: Rojox2

Post by txpcx13 »

My new NCY kit will be coming in this weekend, and now that I have the proper tools for the anti-grenade install install I will post up some pics as I am going through the work.

Mr Homie, how are you liking the fluorescent colored tunnel bag? Not sure if you have ever done a side by side wuth the give, but I would like to know what you think about the one you are currently using....

Enjoy the ride.... the weather is beautiful
2013 Honda PCX (Red) - NCY 13g rollers, golden variator, drive face, YSS shocks, Givi E450
2014 Honda Forza (Red) - Adige 17g rollers, Kappa K466
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Mel46 wrote:I am about to install the NCY variation, etc. on my wife's bike. I am going to use her standard belt. It has about 3,000 miles on it. I wonder if that cogged belt would be better? Let us know what happens with that once you get it. I think having another option is good.
NYC has a 14deg angle whereas stock is 15deg. The 3000m belt will be well bedded in for 15 deg so the NYC will eventually wear down about 0.5mm per side until it seats properly.

If your wife doesn't want to ride a 65 mph bike at 75 mph it probably won't matter.