performance degredation - 4 years and daily motorway riding

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: performance degredation - 4 years and daily motorway rid

Post by homie »

ONTWOWHEELS wrote:Take a look at this : http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/oempart ... belt-drive
Ronnie's has Waspmike's 2015 part number for the 2103 model. The SM suggests today's PCX's are not the same belt and certainly the SM states the minimum wear tolerances are different on the belts between 13's and current models further bringing to question the belt widths. And the width of these belts will most definitely have effect on my bench mark runs and how high and low that belt rides the pulley's 8) wouldn't this end funny if it was the reason the 13's run faster.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

It appears they may have reverted to the PCX/Click 125 815mm belt? As I said I'll pop in tomorrow and look at the parts book.

Here it is called PCX LED.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

waspmike wrote:It appears they may have reverted to the PCX/Click 125 815mm belt? As I said I'll pop in tomorrow and look at the parts book.
Ok Mikey, I'm counting on you... thanks in advance.
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: WHITE

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

homie wrote:
ONTWOWHEELS wrote:Take a look at this : http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/oempart ... belt-drive
Ronnie's has Waspmike's 2015 part number for the 2103 model. The SM suggests today's PCX's are not the same belt and certainly the SM states the minimum wear tolerances are different on the belts between 13's and current models further bringing to question the belt widths. And the width of these belts will most definitely have effect on my bench mark runs and how high and low that belt rides the pulley's 8) wouldn't this end funny if it was the reason the 13's run faster.
That is a good question. And the remarks about the effect it will have a wrong belt absolutelly right.

I also bought the led modell for my daughter and i service it myself.
I checked about the belt to the store i usually buy spare parts for all the motos i own and this code came up.

Any advice about the right code whould be appreciated the most.

My daughters PCX has only 2.000 kms on the clock but there will be the time in which the belt should be replaced and according to my owners manual this is at 24.000 kms.
HONDA PCX 125 /2015 - HONDA PCX 150/2016
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

ONTWOWHEELS wrote:Any advice about the right code whould be appreciated the most.
Stay with us man, waspmike moved this to a new thread and he is our best hope to sort this out right now. Too many PCX whisperers have not awaken from their winter sleep... hold his feet to the fire and maybe we don't buy the wrong belts. Although... there might be benefit to installing the earlier PCX models belt in the later (LED) bikes o_O

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5734
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Today too busy I'll go Monday!
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

OK the correct belt for the latest 150 LED or what they have as "(G)" in my local Honda dealer is 23100-K36-J01.

Now we have to find out what the difference is?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

waspmike wrote:OK the correct belt for the latest 150 LED or what they have as "(G)" in my local Honda dealer is 23100-K36-J01.

Now we have to find out what the difference is?
noted... on the hunt 8)
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

OK we also now know that the camshaft from the previous model doesn't fit the new? model.
I has a new PCX 150 of 2015 model year. I bought on the japan.webike the kit of Takegawa. All was installed except the camshaft - because it is not impossible to install the camshaft of previous model year to PCX of 2015.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »