need to sell off?

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: need to sell off?

Post by tbln930 »

Yes - it is a complete waste of money. it primarily gives poor people false hope.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I call it the dream tax.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

and I will be a having it.... WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
100_2939.JPG
100_2939.JPG (180.06 KiB) Viewed 969 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

my wife and I have a restriction on our lottery tickets. We purchase one ticket, but only when the winnings are in the 6 digits. Georgia uses some of the lottery money for scholarships....it use to use almost all of it for scholarships but the same thing happened here that has happened in almost every state that became involved in a lottery. The amount that was to go to the scholarship program went down from 75% (the rest was supposedly overhead) down to 17%.The rest go into, well we all know where it ends up... back to our restriction, though. We sent two of our kids through college using that HOPE scholarship, so I think of it as us paying back the school fund. We spend somewhere between $45 and $50 a year. That is all. If we are meant to win, we will. If not, well the money is going to a good cause. That is our logic.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

That varies by state. Some states give it mainly to the defunct public pension funds. Some states the education funds and scholarships. Many states now push it into the general fund and gosh knows where that ends up after that.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

SECoda/tbln930
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:We purchase one ticket, but only when the winnings are in the 6 digits. That is all. If we are meant to win, we will.
That's right Melster, one ticket because the dream doesn't get better with two or a hundred. I'm not a gambler and if I was meant to win then darn it there is my one TICKET! A chance to win 1.5 billion for half the cost of my daily Starbucks.

So everybody get your butts down to the PigglyWiggle and help make it 2 Billion before tomorrow night!

JUST DO IT!!!!
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

LOL - My wife may have one hidden somewhere. She goes to the boats gambling occasionally too with her relatives who beg her (no Rhode Scholars in that bunch across the river).

SECoda/tbln930
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

I still have my $2 this morning. :lol:

SECoda/tbln930
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Well we had the powerball itself. That means we either won $1 or $2, which was the price of the ticket. We didn't win but looks like we didn't lose either.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tbln930 »

Good deal. That was 1 in 25 chance.

SECoda/tbln930
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Matching Numbers Winning Tickets Payout

5/5 numbers +Powerball 3 people 1.6b Jackpot split

5/5 numbers 2 people $1,000,000

4/5 numbers +Powerball 37 people $50,000

well at least it didn't all go to one person
WOOT!!!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

PowerBall beating!! Ow oww
I joined in on our communities power ball play the last two draws.
First trip around the group won about $150.00. We turned those monies back in for last night's bigger play.

There were 60 of us in last night's PB for a total of $1,200.00.
I have yet to check the numbers. Now I Know (thank ya homie), that we didn't Win the Biggie! Frown.

Imagine winning that kind of dough, cash, moola, green, dinero? Fun paper.

Me? Heck yeah! I'd buy us all new bikes and go on a venture together!! Where to matey's?
Dreaming on.....
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:PowerBall Me? Heck yeah! I'd buy us all new bikes and go on a venture together!! Where to matey's?
Dreaming on.....
Never say that WN! He didn't mean that people :roll: Your winnings get held up in court if you make verbal agreements concerning lotto winnings. However I would enter into a partnership with you on just about any adventure because you are totally trustworthy as far as I'm concerned.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Aww, you just choked me up homie, thank you. Same back at You! ;)
Oh, and thanks for the warning tip to zip it. I'll bank that piece of advice!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You