2016 Forza is here...

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dave Bo
Year: 2015
Color: Black

2016 Forza is here...

Post by Dave Bo »

But it appears to be exactly the same as the 2015. Not even a color change... I was thinking of upgrading from my PCX in the spring but might wait another year. I wish that Honda would make the rear wheel 14" like the front wheel ( and both wheels on the PCX ).
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: 2016 Forza is here...

Post by gn2 »

This might come as a shock, but scooters usually don't get changes every year.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Dave Bo
Color: Black

Post by Dave Bo »

It's not a shock, it is just disappointing. Take a look at the Honda Silver Wing Scooter. They are still trying to sell 2013 year models! Do a side by side comparison of a 2013 Honda Silver Wing to a 2015 Yamaha TMAX... I just wish Honda would put a little more energy into presenting newer models/updates into their 300 to 600cc class scooters.
dadragon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dadragon »

When a concept is good, you don't want to change it :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

No point making changes for change's sake.
The Silver Wing remains an excellent value for money touring scooter, imo better looking than the facelifted SW-T models which went on sale in mainland Europe five years ago.
Since the Forza was launched Honda have also launched a much
revamped SH300i
The problem you are experiencing is down to Honda USA not bringing all its available models to market.
Same thing happens here in the UK.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translat ... &sandbox=1
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Dave Bo wrote:Do a side by side comparison of a 2013 Honda Silver Wing to a 2015 Yamaha TMAX... I just wish Honda would put a little more energy into presenting newer models/updates into their 300 to 600cc class scooters.
^ Yep.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

I'm happy to see Honda bringing this fantastic scooter to North America for another year. I hope they sell millions of them!
Way to go Honda!
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
rdmstr

Post by rdmstr »

I was SO looking forward to a white Forza; I've owned too many red Hondas.
beegmouse
Regular User
Regular User

Post by beegmouse »

There is usually a 4-5 year life to any model of bike or car. Forza was 2013, so it probably has another 2 years before a big refresh.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Canada has the Forza in red or silver metallic for 2016, like 2015. But Canada only has one colour for the PCX 150 this year -- matte techno silver metallic.

Weird it's the other way around in the USA, one colour for the Forza and two for the PCX 150.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Pretty easy to paint the plastics if you want a custom color.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

What GN2 & KOMPACT said!

Within 30 miles of me, there are:

- 2 Honda Dealers
- 2 Suzuki Dealers
- 2 Yamaha Dealers
- 2 Genuine Dealers
- 2 Vespa Dealers
- 1 Kymco Dealer
- 1 Sym Dealer

They all pretty much have the same thing in common, that their Models don't Update from year to year, and may/may not offer New Colors.

If a Manufacturer can stay competitive in the current Scooter Market, they'll generally stay with what they have. That is, until they have to get competitive again, and Upgrade their existing Model, or Design a New Model to fill a void. Prime Example, the Honda Forza. It's the niche right between the Suzuki Burgman's 400 & 200..... Think, Goldilocks and the 3 Bears... 400's too Big... 200's too Small... and the Forza is JUUUUUUUST RIGHT!

Now, regarding Colors..... that's ALWAYS been a sore spot with me with Scooters. Some Manufacturers offer a New Color, almost every Season, while others will keep the same one for a few years running. When I bought my 2007 Burgman 400 New, several years ago, I had a Color Choice of SILVER on Silver, or Silver on SILVER! I chose the SILVER on Silver. A few months later, I had the Tupperware Panels pulled off, and had them painted Yellow, by a local Body Shop. Came out PERFECT! For around $650, I had a GREAT looking Scooter, that I really enjoyed riding..... it wasn't a Clone of someone elses down the road..... and the Mechanic at the Dealer Service Department, wasn't confused about which of the Three Scooters he was working on! ALWAYS A PLUS! Fortunately for me, my Favorite Colors are Yellow, Red, Blue & Black. If it's any one of those, I can work with it!

Some Manufacturers offer a handful of Colors every year, some offer two colors, and then there are the ones that will repeat a color, until they've used up the rest of the RED PAINT in the Warehouse..... YES..... YOU know who YOU are! Companies like Genuine & Vespa, always seem to offer multiple colors, and a Series Model sometimes, like the Genuine Buddy Lemonhead (Yellow), Buddy 150 International Series... Buddy Saint-Tropez (France - Blue), Buddy Pamplona (Spain - Red), and Buddy Italia (Italy - Green).

HELLOOOOOO SCOOTER COMPANIES..... CAN YOU HEAR ME? IT'S NOT THAT HARD..... FIND A COLOR CHART..... GIVE IT A TRY..... IT DOESN'T HURT..... EVEN OUR FORUM HAS ONE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF OUR REPLY BOX! JEEZ-LOUISE!!!

For those of you that don't want to shell out the $$$ for a Paint Job, look at places like StreetGlo.net, for Reflective Colored Decals, Pinstriping, etc. LOTTA Decal Places on the Web. I've done that for years, with my Scoots and Cars. I'll NEVER lose it in a parking lot full of '13, '14, '15 & '16 Forza's!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
pja2536
Year: 2013
Color: BLACK

Post by pja2536 »

Dave Bo wrote:It's not a shock, it is just disappointing. Take a look at the Honda Silver Wing Scooter. They are still trying to sell 2013 year models! Do a side by side comparison of a 2013 Honda Silver Wing to a 2015 Yamaha TMAX... I just wish Honda would put a little more energy into presenting newer models/updates into their 300 to 600cc class scooters.
+2, I like my Forza 300 but the model line is now several years old and has not been changed over that time. I have previously owned a SilverWing; the 'Wing hasn't changed very much since early 2000's. Its still a reasonable ride but nowhere near as good as the Tmax or the BMW 650.

The Japanese makers seem to be only interested in the really small scooters they sell throughout Asia.

Regards,
Peter
Peter Anderson & Co.

"HE HAD offices in Sydney, not so many years ago,
And his shingle bore the legend 'Peter Anderson and Co.',
But his real name was Careless, as the fellows understood-
And his relatives decided that he wasn't any good."

Henry Lawson, August, 1895
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Blackbeard1718 wrote:What GN2 & KOMPACT said!

Within 30 miles of me, there are:

- 2 Honda Dealers
- 2 Suzuki Dealers
- 2 Yamaha Dealers
- 2 Genuine Dealers
- 2 Vespa Dealers
- 1 Kymco Dealer
- 1 Sym Dealer

They all pretty much have the same thing in common, that their Models don't Update from year to year, and may/may not offer New Colors.

If a Manufacturer can stay competitive in the current Scooter Market, they'll generally stay with what they have. That is, until they have to get competitive again, and Upgrade their existing Model, or Design a New Model to fill a void. Prime Example, the Honda Forza. It's the niche right between the Suzuki Burgman's 400 & 200..... Think, Goldilocks and the 3 Bears... 400's too Big... 200's too Small... and the Forza is JUUUUUUUST RIGHT!

Now, regarding Colors..... that's ALWAYS been a sore spot with me with Scooters. Some Manufacturers offer a New Color, almost every Season, while others will keep the same one for a few years running. When I bought my 2007 Burgman 400 New, several years ago, I had a Color Choice of SILVER on Silver, or Silver on SILVER! I chose the SILVER on Silver. A few months later, I had the Tupperware Panels pulled off, and had them painted Yellow, by a local Body Shop. Came out PERFECT! For around $650, I had a GREAT looking Scooter, that I really enjoyed riding..... it wasn't a Clone of someone elses down the road..... and the Mechanic at the Dealer Service Department, wasn't confused about which of the Three Scooters he was working on! ALWAYS A PLUS! Fortunately for me, my Favorite Colors are Yellow, Red, Blue & Black. If it's any one of those, I can work with it!

Some Manufacturers offer a handful of Colors every year, some offer two colors, and then there are the ones that will repeat a color, until they've used up the rest of the RED PAINT in the Warehouse..... YES..... YOU know who YOU are! Companies like Genuine & Vespa, always seem to offer multiple colors, and a Series Model sometimes, like the Genuine Buddy Lemonhead (Yellow), Buddy 150 International Series... Buddy Saint-Tropez (France - Blue), Buddy Pamplona (Spain - Red), and Buddy Italia (Italy - Green).

HELLOOOOOO SCOOTER COMPANIES..... CAN YOU HEAR ME? IT'S NOT THAT HARD..... FIND A COLOR CHART..... GIVE IT A TRY..... IT DOESN'T HURT..... EVEN OUR FORUM HAS ONE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF OUR REPLY BOX! JEEZ-LOUISE!!!

For those of you that don't want to shell out the $$$ for a Paint Job, look at places like StreetGlo.net, for Reflective Colored Decals, Pinstriping, etc. LOTTA Decal Places on the Web. I've done that for years, with my Scoots and Cars. I'll NEVER lose it in a parking lot full of '13, '14, '15 & '16 Forza's!

Cheers!

BB
AMEN!!! :D
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

pja2536 wrote: I like my Forza 300 but the model line is now several years old and has not been changed over that time. I have previously owned a SilverWing; the 'Wing hasn't changed very much since early 2000's. Its still a reasonable ride but nowhere near as good as the Tmax or the BMW 650.
The Silverwing is significantly cheaper.
There have been subtle yet significant changes since launch, it is now far more economical than when first launched, it also has C-ABS now.
The Tmax has shit storage, the Big Burger is an overweight barge.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Perhaps manufacturers should run an on-line poll from registered owners, should be easy to do, to ask what they would like to see for future models. Ok, to not get excessive and keep the price down, maybe offer a range of options such as colours, ABS, etc. For the PCX I imagine the three most desired changes are ABS, better suspension and a small design change in under seat storage to allow most large size helmets to fit as for the western market where people are taller, wider and have larger heads, the under-seat storage is just a cm less deep than needed.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The PCX needs ABS and a 200cc motor .
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

the thing that gets me is they have updated the silverwing . just we don't get it .. we still get the old model ?
having an adventure before dementia !!!!!!!
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

few years ago,
having an adventure before dementia !!!!!!!
Treeman

Post by Treeman »

I'm considering downsizing from my Burgman Executive to a new Forza. Has anyone on this forum switched from a 650 maxi scooter to a Forza, and if so, opinions?
2010 Gold Wing/ABS
2007 Burgman Executive
1977 BMW R100/7
2013 Kymco Agility 125