Brand New Owner/Rider!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

kypace33
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Brand New Owner/Rider!

Post by kypace33 »

Hey everyone!

I'm glad I found this forum, it's great to connect with other Forza owners. I just purchased my first scooter for my commutes to work and around town. I really really like it so far and look forward to my drives every day.

I have to wonder though, have you all taken your Forza's for longer rides? I would think that making it run on the highway for hours at a time would be bad for the engine. What are your opinions? What are some trips you've taken?

Thanks so much for the feedback!

KP
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Re: Brand New Owner/Rider!

Post by davenowherejones »

kypace33 wrote:Hey everyone!

I'm glad I found this forum, it's great to connect with other Forza owners. I just purchased my first scooter for my commutes to work and around town. I really really like it so far and look forward to my drives every day.

I have to wonder though, have you all taken your Forza's for longer rides? I would think that making it run on the highway for hours at a time would be bad for the engine. What are your opinions? What are some trips you've taken?

Thanks so much for the feedback!

KP
The Forza will run on the highway longer than you can. The distance I go is limited by the number of bathroom breaks. One relative asked why all my vacation photos had women's bathrooms in them. Stop, pee, ride, repeat.
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

welcome to the site.. for my first ride on the forza i went down to the seaside 84miles each way , an both myself an the good lady really enjoyed the trip down..went like a dream ..an since owning for 4 months now 3500 miles later..an i only ride for fun. i use the car for work...
having an adventure before dementia !!!!!!!
AKforza
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: red

Post by AKforza »

Did 450 miles in two days on mine and could have done more but ran out of island!
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

Welcome! As to "bad for the motor", maintain it as directed and chances are very good it will run as long as you want it to (well, until you want to trade it for a newer model).
Ride safe!
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Brand New Owner/Rider!

Post by DioTiAma »

Welcome aboard KP. Ride safe. If you are thinking about often trips with the scooter, just replace the OEM short windshield with the OEM taller one. Nothing else! This bike is the only THING you ride which is never going to say NO to you (i use the metric system so: 400km is a day, 580km in two consecutive days, 900km in ten days, 23.500km in 21 months).
kypace33
Color: Red

Post by kypace33 »

You guys are awesome, thanks for the quick replies!

My main concern was driving from my house to my parents' for the holidays. It's about a 4.5 hour drive and it's all highway. It's not in any way a pretty drive though, so I think I will save the engine some miles and just tow her, ha.

Again, thanks for the reassurances everyone, much appreciated.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Towing works, life's full of choices, do what you feel most comfortable doing (that's what I say ;)
Anywho, welcome to the forum(s) stick around, get acquainted with us and your new Stallion :P cheers!

Hey, Hey phantom309! your signature logo had me :lol: :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Fran
Color: White

Post by Fran »

I drive 10 miles a day and that's the longest I've done but I'm thinking of a 260 mile each way trip next year which will be on A roads avoiding the motorways. The sat nav app phone my phone says it should take 6 hours. I've got a taller windscreen and plenty of luggage, but I do have a 56 year old bladder and a penchant for strong coffee. I might ditch the heavy chain and just risk the disc lock. Or just piss in laybys.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

[quote="Fran"]I drive 10 miles a day and that's the longest I've done but I'm thinking of a 260 mile each way trip next year which will be on A roads avoiding the motorways. The sat nav app phone my phone says it should take 6 hours. I've got a taller windscreen and plenty of luggage, but I do have a 56 year old bladder and a penchant for strong coffee. I might ditch the heavy chain and just risk the disc lock. Or just piss in laybys.[/quote

Those sat nav's lie. I also like coffee and have a 56 year old bladder. The speedometer on the Forza is way out. Some days I average only 25 miles an hour. Too much coffee really slows a scooter down a lot. Those smart phones also slow down a scooter. I have thousands of boring pictures that no one will ever look at.

Throw away the phone and get a water camelback. You might actually get somewhere.
Fran

Post by Fran »

Lol! I'll take your advice. I'm planning on riding through the night, so as long as I don't get too cold or tired I should do OK. My biggest worry is spending time getting lost. However I do have a free gps app (Scout) on my phone that talks to you so that should hopefully solve that problem. That reminds me, how do you fit a phone charger to a PCX?
Fran

Post by Fran »

davenowherejones wrote: I have thousands of boring pictures that no one will ever look at.
Well, I wouldn't mind seeing one or two.