How do you fit the Honda taller screen?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

zippy83
Year: 2014
Color: white

How do you fit the Honda taller screen?

Post by zippy83 »

Hi Guys.

Hoping someone can help me with fitting the Honda taller screen on my new Forza 300. I've seen the link on the net, about removing the three screws and then trying to lift and pull from the bottom of the nose and work your way up. I have not been able to do this and don't want to use any force to damage the panel as it seems to be fitted very tight. Is there an easy way to do this?

Any help greatly appriciated.

:)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Re: How do you fit the Honda taller screen?

Post by davenowherejones »

zippy83 wrote:Hi Guys.

Hoping someone can help me with fitting the Honda taller screen on my new Forza 300. I've seen the link on the net, about removing the three screws and then trying to lift and pull from the bottom of the nose and work your way up. I have not been able to do this and don't want to use any force to damage the panel as it seems to be fitted very tight. Is there an easy way to do this?

Any help greatly appriciated.

:)
It has been a while since I did mine. There are two nipples caught between a spring arrangement. Sorry to say this but you have to get a little violent to get the nipples out.

I am sure someone can give a better technical description than mine. And keep away from all the bad jokes.
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

when I did mine I had to "steel" myself to just force off the connectors...seemed like everything was going to break!
I therefore sympathize with your reluctance to use force...but I dont think there is any other way
Your reference to the link on the net...I assume that is the guy in the States who shows how to remove the stock screen and fit a new one?...if so then I found his pictures very helpful and gave me the courage to force off the existing connectors....working from the bottom up.
best off luck.
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

I'll add that you should be sure the plastic panels are warmed up to at least 65F (for a few hours if possible)..

on the nose trim pull forward at a tangent to the front tire
gogobert
Color: White

Post by gogobert »

When I shifted my windscreen, after I took away the three screws, I actually loosened the top 'wings' first, by forcing each side down and forward a bit, until they 'snapped out'.
After that, and standing in front of the scooter, I pushed in my fingers at each side, from the top and a bit down, then I took a steady grip at both sides and pulled the plastic down and towards me. Then it came off quite easy.

For a moment when pressing down and out the top wings, I thought something might break, but it worked out. Maybe it will be easier if You warm up the plastic as BRed says. I did not, and it was quite cold actually at that time.

I first tried do it the way You are explaining, but that seemed impossible, so therefore I did it from the 'top-down' instead...
Honda Nss300 Forza 2014 - White
zippy83
Color: white

Post by zippy83 »

Thanks for all the help and advice guys. So far I have been unsuccessful in removing it. I will try what gogobert suggested from the top. Did you remove or loosen any screws on the wings?
If that fails it's a trip to Honda. :-(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

zippy83 wrote:Thanks for all the help and advice guys. So far I have been unsuccessful in removing it. I will try what gogobert suggested from the top. Did you remove or loosen any screws on the wings?
If that fails it's a trip to Honda. :-(

It's a fair trek to Japan.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

And on half a shoelace :D :D
Vesper2112
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Red

Post by Vesper2112 »

When I put on my taller screen, I looked at this website: http://www.myhondaforza.com/. It helped a great deal. Just scroll down until you see the "Installing the Optional Taller Windscreen on a Forza 300" part...