Condolences to our Paris members - and my solution to terror

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Condolences to our Paris members - and my solution to te

Post by Jge64 »

Sorry, thats a no win proposition. Once nukes are released, the whole world is over. Nevermind creating millions of muslim marytrs.....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by GatorGreg »

Jge64 wrote:Sorry, thats a no win proposition. Once nukes are released, the whole world is over. Nevermind creating millions of muslim marytrs.....
Nah - my solution would work - I guarantee it. Even if it doesn't the world will keep turning. The radioactive fallout from a tactical nuke would only be a couple hundred miles or so - no big deal. And while some of the other nuclear powers might publicly decry the use of my solution I'd bet that privately they'd thank us for getting the job done for them and they certainly wouldn't start a nuclear war over it. As for the millions of nut jobs, I'm sure that there are already a billion or so folks on the planet that would like to behead all Americans so the possibility of adding another few million or even a billion people to the list is of no real significance and plus I'm not convinced that they could or would hate Americans any more than they do already :D And don't forget - we nuked the Japanese twice and now they love us - they even had us build them a freakin' Disneyland, so perhaps one day we'll get to build one in Tehran :D (Speaking of Disney, tonight I'm adding 3 more front seat ride POV's to my yt channel from my visit today - including Swiss Family Treehouse, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain - somehow I managed to hang on to my phone - enjoy :D )
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

GatorGreg wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:I have tried not to comment on any social media forum about this, but your suggestion to "nuke" them has been suggested by others and it is something that I don't understand.

If, as the quote from Alibally's FB cut/paste suggests (and I agree with), the problem is not the problem of a country but of a group of people who hold to a certain ideology and are spread throughout many (most?) countries of the world, where would you suggest such a bomb be dropped. Should any Islamic country be randomly picked? The country deemed to be the most populous with Muslims? All countries where Muslims live, including the ones from Alibally's FB cut/paste? And if such a bomb were dropped, how would that eradicate the problem if there would still be others in other places in the world? Also, what about the innocent lives? Is it merely guilt by association?

Please know that I hold to the complete opposite view of these heretical extremists, I am just not getting the "nuke 'em" line of reasoning. Please help me understand this reasoning.

Also, I do not believe that by asking these questions, I am breaking forum rules of not discussing politics or religion. I am not asking about religion or politics, I am asking about a suggested solution to this onslaught of terrorism which I am failing to understand.
Please reread my original post at the top of the thread and I think it will answer your questions about the targeting. But if it's still not clear I'll explain with an example. I'm not sure where the nut jobs in Paris came from but under my solution to terrorism we determine the national origin of the nut jobs that carried out the attack - for example in the 9/11 attack that would be the countries of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, and Lebanon. We would then create 4 Wheels of Fortune (one for each country) with the 20 most populous cities of each country on their respective wheel. Then the wheel is spun, the 3 day warning is given, and the nuke is delivered. Repeat as necessary if another terrorist attack occurs. I doubt it would need to be repeated more than once or twice because the residents in the countries that tend to develop the nut jobs will be HIGHLY incentivized to eliminate their own nut jobs before they ever get a chance to commit another terrorist attack.
Tongue in cheek .... Thanks now I completely understand. Let's combine a game show and some random decision making process to solve a serious world-wide crises. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe I take this a little more serious than a game show because I live about 1½ kms (1 Mile) from a recent terror attack that killed 20 people. I can see the location from my balcony.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

kramnala58 wrote:
GatorGreg wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:Tongue in cheek .... Thanks now I completely understand. Let's combine a game show and some random decision making process to solve a serious world-wide crises. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe I take this a little more serious than a game show because I live about 1½ kms (1 Mile) from a recent terror attack that killed 20 people. I can see the location from my balcony.
I take terrorism very seriously krammala - I have family living on Manhattan including a brother who was nearly killed on 9/11. But I actually encourage you to continue to scoff at the gameshow-esque nature of my solution if you like. Why? Because that is precisely the beauty of it - it's just CRAZY enough that it will finally convince the nut jobs (or at least the sane people who see them developing into nut jobs) to actually change their behavior. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect that the nut jobs will still hate America and its allies with a vengeance, but they WILL come to respect the fact that their cowardly acts will have a devastating and somewhat unpredictable reaction (although I would maintain that by giving a 3 day warning it's actually quite civilized). The peaceful solutions of negotiation and employment of nut jobs are a joke and the other military solutions (including today's French bombing of "ISIS strongholds" which I applaud) are just engaging in a game of whac-a-mole. But if you have a better idea I'm all ears ;)

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

Candles.jpg
Candles.jpg (17.38 KiB) Viewed 663 times
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

@Greg
Certainly an interesting idea to toy with and I absolutely see the point - but unfortunately I seriously doubt it would work.
- Violence will lead to more violence. Today 140 people in Paris then a few thousands in somewhere in the middle east? What comes next?
- The exact same tooth for tooth type of tactic is used by Israel since the Israeli state had been placed in the middle east. You killed a soldier of ours we kill n* more civilians suspected to be terrorists. Does it work? Not really. Imagine this elevated to a level where weapons of mass destruction are involved.
I'd say that could be leading to issues possibly wiping out most, if not the entire human civilisation. Definitely not my cup of tea.
Do I have any good solution? Unfortunately not.
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Thoughts and prayers are with all Parisians.It is just dreadfull.

Lets hope that GaterGreg never gets into a position of power.
However I find myself in basic agreement with Gater...in that I think the solution lies in world wide Muslims sorting out that faction of their membership cause if they dont then all Muslims will become our enemy. All Germans became our enemy not because we hated all Germans but because Germans allowed the Nazi faction to flourish so they became the collective enemy...sadly the same may happen with Muslims....Muslims I know are likable reasonable people but no doubt so were most Germans...The world wide Muslim community needs to accept collective responsibility for sorting this out and we should be pressuring them to do that locally and Nationally and supporting them in their actions in any way we can....but it has to come from them....
The post from Allibally says it correctly IMO.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

This is a Muslim problem, but it involves everyone since these nut jobs are killing everyone and anyone. Have you seen or heard any reports where these nut jobs asked any questions before blowing up people or spraying bullets into a crowd? My point is that these radicals don't just kill westerners, or Christians, or any other specific group of individuals. They just kill everyone. When you hear reports of suicide bombers walking into a crowded market place and blowing themselves up, you don't hear that only a certain type or age or religious group was killed. Whatever they are trying to say is coming out as "I hate everyone so I am going to take as many as I can with me when I kill myself". Yes, Muslims need to help in finding a solution and in helping to clarify your scriptures to those who could be brought into the radical organizations. However, if the world took an active part in removing the radical strongholds TOGETHER , much of their organizing power will be hindered and eliminated.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

dergav wrote:Lets hope that GaterGreg never gets into a position of power.
However I find myself in basic agreement with Gater...
I think even I would agree to that - I'm sure the Secret Service wouldn't let me ride my PCX around in the middle of the night if I were President so I definitely would not want that job :D But Vice-President GatorGreg has a nice ring to it I think - and they don't do anything - I could probably ride my PCX all day long with that job :D

That said, I do appreciate your basic agreement and find your German analogy to be a good one.

At this point I'll politely bow out of this thread (even though I started it :D ) because I think I've fully beaten this horse to death. I'll just have to agree to disagree with some of you and go back to talking about the PCX. But if anyone would like to continue to debate me on this privately please feel free to shoot me a PM :)
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Mel46...I totally agree with you...what I was trying to say is that it is the worldwide Muslim movement that needs to get more active and vocal on condemning and taking action which we can all see and get in behind....if any organisation I was a member of had a sector claiming membership and murdering people in my name I would consider it my duty to speak out and take action...as otherwise I and my Organisation are by association responsible...It is not enough just to say that those responsible are not proper members...Maybe I am missing something but what are the National and International Muslim leaders saying ( and doing) on this and previous attrocities?...Have I missed their leadership comments?...Dont remember seeing them on the news items.

Anyway like my friend GaterGreg I will sign off on this thread before I upset anyone cause that doesn't help and get back to cleaning my Forza...cause its far too wet here to ride...maybe next week?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

don't be surprised, it's just progress... btw we're all good here in Illinois for the moment
Attachments
gunrights.jpg
gunrights.jpg (157.27 KiB) Viewed 639 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

It's the time of simple male rank stupidity. The posts here are an absolute example.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:It's the time of simple male rank stupidity. The posts here are an absolute example.
Two thumbs up to that. Right on 2U's