Another boring introduction email.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

lightpower
Year: 2014
Color: white

Another boring introduction email.

Post by lightpower »

Hi There :)

I am fresh PCX owner.
My nationality is Polish so forgive me my language which is far from being perfect :)

Anyway as introduction I will say that I hate driving cars and after I made my driving license 6 years ago I was driving maybe for couple of days.

This however limits my ability to travel and makes me waste a lot of time in public transport (if I am lucky enough to find one).
Travel to work takes me about 1.5h on the bus... one way! (and it is only 20 miles)

On top of this I am not very confident driver so I am working heavy on my confidence right now.
I find Honda PCX very amazing and I think it was good choice. Still I think I must adjust it to my size (I am 192cm height and my knees are blocking handlebars so I must put my legs into uncomfortable and probably unsafe position).

I have some other problems as unexperienced rider like I do not know how to cope with strong wind (I have impression it lowers my stability and tries to push me off my motorbike).

Well - very long story...

I have attached two files - pictures made before I bought it in dealer's garage.
Yes it is very untypical - it is not new too. It had only 100 miles and was used during bike races (by technical team). I think that untypical design makes it more visible on the road, and less likely (I hope) to be stolen. It was quite good deal too.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (117.72 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
unnamed3.jpg
unnamed3.jpg (48.8 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
yak
Minister of Magic
Minister of Magic
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Another boring introduction email.

Post by yak »

192 cm is 6'3". Which is at the upper limit for comfort on the PCX. i slide back and sit on the center or rear portion of the seat. That is not perfect but you don't want your knees hitting the handlebars. 100 miles per gallon makes this a wonderful commuter.
lightpower

Post by lightpower »

Have you removed hump?
Is it comfortable to sit like that while riding?
Simon0867
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by Simon0867 »

I'm with you when it comes to cars. I passed my test over 25 years ago but always hated driving and have hardly ever done it since. Discovered scooters about 10 years ago as a good alternative, I've always felt safer on two wheel as opposed to four.

I'm 6'2" and agree that is about the limit, I just sit as far back as possible and it's pretty comfy, my legs don't get in the way of the handlebars.

I think the PCX handles very well in windy conditions, just keep your speed down and you should be fine.

Good luck with the bike.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Welcome - I like those custom racing graphics 8)
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Clearly you are more literate than I <--- see what I done there :lol: I'm still attending the youyou English and proper educate school for retards.

HEY! that's 'sticker bombing' as JoJo would say
I LIKE IT!
Revzilla has picked up on the fact I like a sticker or two and would have me put as many decals as possible, as long as it advertises their website :lol:
Attachments
100_2871.JPG
100_2871.JPG (238.38 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
big tommy
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl white/red

Post by big tommy »

welcome aboard...great looking scooter....

like many here, i prefer riding bikes to cars.....
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P Hi lightpower and congrats on joining us and owning a PCX! A very Cool looking one at that!

As far as being tall and wanting to feel comfortable on your scoot, I would first suggest that you rotate your handlebars up and forward (IF they are not already). You can do this by removing the four sheeny caps in the center of your bars.

To get to the adjustment bolts:

1) Cut a few pieces of sticky tape (silver or black duct tape works great!) Gorilla! :D

2) Fold down a small corner on each so it sticks to itself (these corners will serve as tab's for you to pull the caps off (and then the tape itself, later)

3) Now place the tape pieces tightly on top of each cap. Use your fingernail to push the tape into the circular crevices

4) Now the fun part :P One at a time, grab a tab and give a quick pull. The cap comes off and now found stuck on the tape. Be careful, ya Don't want to lose them!

5) Well Lookie there! 4 bolts revealed and ready to be loosened.
Actually.....

6) Loosening 2 or 3 of the bolts will allow you to roll the bars up and forward.

Note: changing the positioning of the handlebar will also re-position your brake handles and mirrors. They will need adjustment as well. Easily done. Remember this will be for the better once done and it kick starts confidence.

I think I said enough. Others will have ideas (from experience), including using loctite, perhaps getting a custom seat, etc.

Practice practice practice in a vacant Clean parking lot. Even better....take a motorcyle safety course. It's fun and the best self confidence builder. And please, wear proper riding attire. Yes, jacket and pants with armor, a helmet, boots above the ankle and leather gloves.
Okay, now I'm done :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
lightpower

Post by lightpower »

Thank you all for warm welcome :)

WhiteNoise:
I have seen this trick on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFQE8eWXrt4
My handlebar however seem to be quite high already (I am not quite sure what more can exactly be done)
This is quite serious - issue but I would have it in most scooters I think.
My first encounter with scooter was very bad because of that.
In UK (where I currently live) I had to pass CBT (Compulsatory Basic Training) to be able to legally ride on public roads.
After failing to handle manual bike (there is no time to waste on this trainings - either you follow group or you are out) I was given honda vision 50cc all was good until we started to learn junctions. I had to make really tight corner and boom -my legs got in the way and I was on the ground.
I have passed later on Honda vision 110cc - well it is just matter of putting legs right but not very comfortable and potentially risky.

I will have my service at 600 miles so maybe I will try to work this out with dealer's staff - however when I was asking last time they were not very helpful.
Hard to blame them - average height people do not understand my problems. Even my helmet does not fit under the seat... :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

lightpower wrote:Thank you all for warm welcome :) I have seen this trick on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFQE8eWXrt4
I wonder who that idiot was
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
lightpower wrote:Thank you all for warm welcome :) I have seen this trick on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFQE8eWXrt4
I wonder who that idiot was

I know, I know!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeah, me two :D
Chest-Bump for all yer vids! (homie)

Get Ready! here it comes

Bam!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Yeah, me two :D
Chest-Bump for all yer vids! (homie)

Get Ready! here it comes

Bam!

What a prick