Givi wind screen

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX-rider
Regular User
Regular User

Givi wind screen

Post by PCX-rider »

I ordered one Givi windscreen for my PCX, but when I tried it out in the traffic, I was disappointed. It feels actually more windy and not that comfortable as I thought. And when I passed 80-90 km/h the scooter feels unsafe to ride. Anyone else with the same experience?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Givi wind screen

Post by you you »

PCX-rider wrote:I ordered one Givi windscreen for my PCX, but when I tried it out in the traffic, I was disappointed. It feels actually more windy and not that comfortable as I thought. And when I passed 80-90 km/h the scooter feels unsafe to ride. Anyone else with the same experience?

Mine is fine
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I tried the short Givi screen and the short Ermax screen and felt the same way. The smaller windshields push air onto my head, not over it.

I ended up with the tall Givi screen, it works much better for me. Here is what it looks like:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

You need a light on top of that to warn aircraft
barljo

Post by barljo »

haha@ qed - nice!

Slightly more seriously, I've been thinking about a taller screen. How does the (sadly discontinued) Givi 323 stack up against the Ermax +25? Not sure that I'd fancy the 322 height, just would be nice to have something push the air and rain up (ish) and over (ish) my helmet..

Cheers!

Barljo
Tristik wrote: I've never been concerned about my driving. Ever. It's everyone else that I'm worried about.
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

I'm also very interested in a windscreen. I just rode 9000 km's in 6 weeks and I have really missed good wind protection. I even found out that keeping hot winds (North of Spain at 45 degrees Celcius) away would also be nice. It's just annoying when you have the feeling you get blown of your bike.
So, first thing will be a high windscreen, Givi or Ermax. I like the looks of the Emax better but I just go for the one which works the best.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I've never seen it next to a tall Ermax, so I'm not sure how it stacks up.

But, looking at the tall Ermax (from this thread: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=210#p2408) next to the Givi, it's pretty obvious how epic the sail I strapped to my PCX is...
givivsermax.jpg
givivsermax.jpg (269.58 KiB) Viewed 5949 times
The red arrows point to where the windshield has a divot in to accomodate the mirrors when the steering is fully locked, so those are reference points for height. You can see the Ermax ends just above that, the Givi has... Another foot or so... :lol: OK OK FINE ITS HUGE BUT IM NOT PUTTING A LIGHT ON IT QED. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

have a look at the ermax thread.....i ended up with the puig v tech line.....very pleased just right for me @6ft
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

PCX-rider wrote:I ordered one Givi windscreen for my PCX, but when I tried it out in the traffic, I was disappointed. It feels actually more windy and not that comfortable as I thought. And when I passed 80-90 km/h the scooter feels unsafe to ride. Anyone else with the same experience?
Not to revive an old thread but i get the same with the D233S though others are fine.
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

I got the tall GIVI (after buying the Honda and having the wind directed to my face :cry: ) and LOVE :D it. I'm 5'8", I did cut about 2" from the top with a jigsaw (not hard at all) so I could mostly look over the screen (and not through it, except the first 10 feet or so of road), but still get the quiet and less wind. Rode 65mph without glasses! (not recommended, however!)

NOW the only thing I don't like is the seat. I took the bump off, recovered, but the angle where the bump was is not right... I think I need to angle it down so it doesn't push my butt/spine forward. Then I can take LONG rides without back issues!
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

I have the short Givi screen and wish I'd got the tall one as it merely pushes the wind firther up my chest :cry:
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

I don't understand why Givi and especially Honda make these short windshields. Practically useless imho. Right about chin height seems PERFECT (obviously everyone's chin is different, but you can always cut down a tall screen, as I did)
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

depthman wrote:I don't understand why Givi and especially Honda make these short windshields. Practically useless imho. Right about chin height seems PERFECT (obviously everyone's chin is different, but you can always cut down a tall screen, as I did)
And I have a number of chins....
figurehead71
Regular User
Regular User

Post by figurehead71 »

qed wrote:
depthman wrote:I don't understand why Givi and especially Honda make these short windshields. Practically useless imho. Right about chin height seems PERFECT (obviously everyone's chin is different, but you can always cut down a tall screen, as I did)

figurehead71
Regular User
Regular User

Post by figurehead71 »

I think all this talk of various heights of windshields causing more problems, and some being aesthetic marmite I am inclined to want to stick with my original windshield and just battle my way through the British weather. 8)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

figurehead71 wrote:
qed wrote:

:D

More American Dad
ehdlhou

Post by ehdlhou »

hi guys, thingking of buying windscreen too, which one is better - short or tall. or really depends how tall you are. im 5"6' in height.
thanks for advice.
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

hi guys, thingking of buying windscreen too, which one is better - short or tall. or really depends how tall you are. im 5"6' in height.
thanks for advice.
I would get the tall GIVI, and cut it down to size for you. It ALSO has flanges that help keep cold wind off your hands!
Or, I can sell you my Honda windscreen cheap... it might fit you!
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150