Engine warning light

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Skol30
Year: 2013
Color: White

Engine warning light

Post by Skol30 »

Hi my 2013 pcx 125 was stolen and had wires cut I've joined them together but the warning light flashes 1 long and 2 short flashes anybody know what the code means thanks....
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Engine warning light

Post by kramnala58 »

Where are you located. If it is not North America, your local Honda dealer could likely tell you. North American dealers don't seem to be too aware of scooter specs because it is such a small market, although there are a few dealers that are the exception to that.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Skol30

Post by Skol30 »

Hi thanks for looking I'm based in London do you know any dealers in that area
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Not got the service manual with me, but:
http://www.hondacrx.co.uk/technical/faq/errorcodes.htm < if this is still correct then:
that is code 12 (1 long 2 short) 12 EGR Lift Sensor (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Whoa...that'sa kool reply iceman!!

Skol30, hi! Would you do us a favor? Please go back and enter your location in your profile. There are simple directions below my post to get that done. We all need your help too....
Location matters.
Thanks, and good luck fixing your wink-kee-dinks :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

Okay, I have the manual in front of me. These things don't have EGR. They do have MAP sensors (manifold vac) which is what the "12" code is("map sensor voltage high). It will run in a default or "limp-in" mode (with a steady MIL lit). The "usual" hint for this is that there's an open on it's circuit. The sensor could also be toast and set that code.
Hope this helps.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

If I understand correct, this won't do damage to the bike running it, but is likely giving a false reading ... is that what others of you think?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Skol30

Post by Skol30 »

Thanks for looking in to it I really appreciate it.would that stop the bike from starting ? Gonna have to get a manual I think.
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

kramnala58 wrote:If I understand correct, this won't do damage to the bike running it, but is likely giving a false reading ... is that what others of you think?
Correct. It won't hurt it. The controller substitutes a steady value for the lost or messed up MAP signal to keep you running. It won't run well, but it will run. The idea is to get you home or into a service center(limp-in).
It will continue to start and run, but I couldn't say for how long. It may foul the plug over time. The point of the limp-in mode is to get to help or home.
CR2016
Year: 2011
Color: Silver

Post by CR2016 »

Hi all, I'm new to the site, but have been running a pcx for over 5 years (approx 26K miles), and do some basic maintenance on it (oils / brakes etc.)

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having the issue described above, the TIL comes on about 8-9 miles into most journeys, but the bike itself feels normal. Does anyone know how to check the connections on the sensor / where the sensor can be found? Is there a diagram available for this? the light's been coming on for a long time with no noticeable side-effects, but it is a bit distracting / annoying.

Many Thanks, great site by the way.
CR2016
Year: 2011
Color: Silver

Post by CR2016 »

Thread bump. Any ideas?
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Hi CR2016,

Do you want to remove the check engine light since you've been doing your own servicing?
On the Forza at least, I think you hold down the odometer reset button while you turn the ignition on, and then keep holding it for another 5 seconds.
It may be a similar affair on the PCX, so you can give it a try and if it doesn't work do a Google search regarding the matter...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

chicaboo wrote:Hi CR2016,

Do you want to remove the check engine light since you've been doing your own servicing?
On the Forza at least, I think you hold down the odometer reset button while you turn the ignition on, and then keep holding it for another 5 seconds.
It may be a similar affair on the PCX, so you can give it a try and if it doesn't work do a Google search regarding the matter...
Are you sure you're not confusing the engine check light with the oil change light...?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

You have a bad connection on your MAP sensor.
1. Check all wiring and connections.. BLACK wire !!! (high voltage)..
2. R/R sensor with a known good one
3. Clear codes
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

gn2 wrote:

Are you sure you're not confusing the engine check light with the oil change light...?
I could be, but I'm not aware if there are two different processes for clearing one or the other or both?
I'm just throwing the guy a bone to get him pointed in the right direction since no one else responded...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

chicaboo wrote:
gn2 wrote:

I could be, but I'm not aware if there are two different processes for clearing one or the other or both?
I'm just throwing the guy a bone to get him pointed in the right direction since no one else responded...

For the obvious reason. But well done for replying