Oil strainer cap part number?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

proteinsdef
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Oil strainer cap part number?

Post by proteinsdef »

Anyone know the part number (UK) of the bolt you remove when cleaning the oil strainer basket? I managed to round it when removing it and need a new one for the next service.

Ta
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Re: Oil strainer cap part number?

Post by j.d.b. »

Are you asking about the cap over the strainer with the o-ring on it or the bolt retaining the P-clip to the crankcase holding the rear brake cable(just above the strainer cap)? The title of the thread sounds like you damaged the cap, itself, which is not a bolt. The question asked sounds like the bracket bolt is the trouble.
The manual doesn't call out the cable bracket bolt, at all. Likely you'll need to ask the Honda dealer for either part it. I don't see them available in a few on-line searches, thus far.
Last edited by j.d.b. on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

For future reference you can find the parts catalog provided by Dem0nk1d and posted and hosted by Maddiedog here:
http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19& ... umbers+pdf

I have found it in the microfichie (page 44 item no. 6) this:
2361-035-000 CAP, TAPPET ADJUSTING HOLE
yak
Minister of Magic
Minister of Magic
Color: black

Post by yak »

You aren't the only one to round that bolt.

It seems like the oil strainer only needs to be cleaned once. No one has reported any debris in it during later oil changes. Most people didn't find any debris during the first inspection. There are a few photos on this site of some metal pieces caught by the strainer as well as one person who found blue plastic bits.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

yak wrote:You aren't the only one to round that bolt.

It seems like the oil strainer only needs to be cleaned once. No one has reported any debris in it during later oil changes. Most people didn't find any debris during the first inspection. There are a few photos on this site of some metal pieces caught by the strainer as well as one person who found blue plastic bits.

Couldn't agree more more. Change the oil but after a couple of changes the strainer doesn't pick up anything.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi proteinsdef, my suggestion is to search eBayUK with: Honda scooter GY6 kit (or similar wording). Several of us have ordered this kit in the U.S. (as a backup). It's cheap enough.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
proteinsdef

Post by proteinsdef »

Hi chaps. Thanks so much for the info. Its the bolt that holds the actual basket in place and has the o ring in it. The bolt holding the brake cable is fine. I think the issue is that its so shallow and there is nothing to get hold of. I had to use special wedged sockets in the end just to get it off and as you both said there was nothing in it!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Not sure what you used but never use 12 sided sockets for six sided bolts. 12 sided are nasty things and prone to stripping 6 sides bolt heads when there is not much grip or only a shallow depth to fit over.
proteinsdef

Post by proteinsdef »

Just used a 17mm Spanner but it couldnt get enough of a grip. Had a look on Ebay and they have them on there from the US, about £14 all in so will order it next time its due for its service. The cap was solid when trying to get it off so wondering if the Honda dealers cranked it on last service?
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Disagree.
Remove the cap and clean the three parts (screen basket, spring, cap,) and reinstall as scheduled in your manual.
Do not over tighten.
Your scoot has no renewable filter for the oil, but this one.
Once removed darn near any tool will essily remove it if you do not leave it on there forever, and do not over tighten it.
Buy the set of GY6 parts on ebay for about $7....so if you mistakenly over do it....you've got a new spare.
I clean these parts every oil change....plus to ignore the screen means leaving some dirty oil in the engine behind that cap.
Once you get the cap off this thing off from its factory snug...there is no reason to pretend it's not there.
Fish
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019

Post by Alibally »

Remove the chamfer on a full hex 17mm socket and this grips the shallow hex on the cap so help stop rounding it.
See the example photo for what I mean.
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1446013139.251129.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1446013139.251129.jpg (74.95 KiB) Viewed 1369 times