so

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015 + 2018
Color: Black,Matt Grey

so

Post by Blazinby »

so,

got a PCX (u.k. 125) and I flipping love it

if I get a forza 300 instead will I regret it?

or is it just another stepping stone to that 2300cc super charged thing that is going to kill me?
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Re: so

Post by j.d.b. »

How old are you? I'm old so I downsized to a PCX. Might upsize a bit to a Burgman in a couple seasons, but that would be it. I'd like to be able to do SOME highway in my area and 80 mph is the going rate.
If you're young and haven't had a powerful gear-bike, by all means get one and enjoy it.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Well...It's impossible for me to say whether another person will or will not enjoy any particular vehicle. If you want to see if you would like the Forza, find a way to test ride one or even if you can rent one. Only you can determine whether a bike or scooter will fit your own unique tastes.

As much as it's anecdotal and the above statement taken into account, for myself, I found the Forza too big for my own tastes. I love small bikes/scooters. The agility of the PCX combined with the touring scooter stability and the pep of the fuel injected engine is what appealed to me. The Forza is faster, but it's just too big and too heavy. Again, taste is subjective.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

What sort of riding do you primarily to, urban or countryside or larger roads. If it is urban, stick with the PCX. If it is countryside or larger roads, the Forza 300 might be the answer.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(