Large Honda Windshield

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Large Honda Windshield

Post by Alibally »

dergav wrote:The dark screen PUIG one is not too bad and if on offer ??..I would not want my comments to put you off....As I say its only at very close and slow speeds when looking downwards that its an issue( and thats not very often?).....as long as your normal riding is looking over the screen then what I mention is a very small matter...but best you are aware than not .
The one thing about the dark screen is that it looks good...
I've the dark Puig screen and it's not a problem and you looking over the top of it most of the time. The only thing was the Mot tester advised it for being too dark but he was being a bit extreme really.
mikecalderone
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikecalderone »

I have the GIVI D1123ST WINDSCREEN screen installed, and absolutely love it. Hand protection and body protection. It is larger then the Large Honda windshield.
I have look through the screen since it is so tall, but I prefer that. I really recommend it.
My Rides:
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2015 Honda CTX700ND

Previous Rides:
2014 Honda Forza 300
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
2009 Burgman 400
2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600
2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
2003 Honda VT750
1992 Honda elite
1986 Kawasaki KZ600 inline 4
1979 Honda CL350
1977 Honda SL125
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

mikecalderone wrote:I have the GIVI D1123ST WINDSCREEN screen installed, and absolutely love it. Hand protection and body protection. It is larger then the Large Honda windshield.
I have look through the screen since it is so tall, but I prefer that. I really recommend it.

^^^ +1! I just installed the same Givi on Monday, and it fits PERFECT! Body & Hand Protection just where I need it, and at 6'1", I can see over the Top of the Screen like I prefer. I had my Handlebars raised forward a bit, and they don't touch the Windscreen when I go Full Side/Side.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
gogobert
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by gogobert »

Thanx for Your input guys, I just ordered the Givi from Ebay, got a fairly good price ~100€ including shipping from Italy.
Honda Nss300 Forza 2014 - White
beegmouse
Regular User
Regular User

Post by beegmouse »

Screens are always subjective.

Someone who is 5ft tall on with a tall screen will be out of the wind, They will get a quiet ride with occasional buffeting from turblence.
Same setup with someone who is 6ft and their head is right in the jetstream and they will get a louder ride than with no screen at all.

I have the Honda Tall screen with an Givi Airflow bolted to it. Took me a few rides, but found the right hight for me. It's now very quiet with no buffeting.
gogobert
Color: White

Post by gogobert »

beegmouse wrote:Screens are always subjective.

Someone who is 5ft tall on with a tall screen will be out of the wind, They will get a quiet ride with occasional buffeting from turblence.
Same setup with someone who is 6ft and their head is right in the jetstream and they will get a louder ride than with no screen at all.

I have the Honda Tall screen with an Givi Airflow bolted to it. Took me a few rides, but found the right hight for me. It's now very quiet with no buffeting.
Yes , that's true, I got my Givi yesterday and mounted it immediately.
The first ride this morning.
Heaven and hell... ;)

Will take some time to get used to it, but at least it's not as cold as it was before, and fairly good wind protection for Your hands, and that was my main purpose for it so...
Honda Nss300 Forza 2014 - White
justbuck1
Color: Weiss

Post by justbuck1 »

I've tried the Givi winshield and i definitely cannot recommend it if you are taller! I'm 6'1" and the buffeting was insane. Especially at higher speeds. I've changed to the OEM. ..its significantly better..but I will probably add some kind of lip. Driving on the autobahn in Austria at 120/130kmh still is a bit loud...yes wi ty b earplugs too