Top case for 13 PCX150

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

AG6
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Top case for 13 PCX150

Post by AG6 »

Guys I am looking for a quality rear top case for my 2013 PCX. I like the Givi cases, but which ones work for my scooter? Also is it possible to use my ignition key to open close etc? What is the largest capacity?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Re: Top case for 13 PCX150

Post by Mel46 »

I have a Givi Monolock case on each of our 2013 pcx 150s. They look good and function quite well. You can't rekey any of the GIVI cases as far as I know. However, I don't think they can be opened or removed without the key, so I think they are reasonably safe once installed.

As for the sizes, well you probably would look silly if you installed the largest size one on your little scooter. I installed the one that can only handle a single helmet. I think the 2 helmet version is just too big for a pcx.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

Honda cases can work off your ignition key, but I don't think any other can.

I've got a Shad SH45 on my Forza. It's much better than the Givi boxes I've had in the past.

Not sure if you're in the UK, but AJ Sutton are the UK Shad distributor and they're very good to work with.
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

I just picked up a Shad 29 liter for my new '16, but as far as I can tell, the only difference in terms of fitment is you will have to drill out the holes on your plastic body panel.

The quality of the Shad is quite good, in my opinion, equal to the Givis I have played with in various motorcycle stores here and there - both are a HUGE jump from the Genuine-Branded case that came on by Buddy.

One mistake I made with the Shad, was a lack of understanding that they made an adapter plate just for the PCX. I got the Honda adapter, and I had to drill into it to get everything to fit, and the hack job is not wearing well (my fault completely) and the proper Shad mount is on the way.

In terms of keying the case to your ignition, there is a thread somewhere (Forza subforum, I think) where the poster had a locksmith re-key their case locks to their ignition key - might be worth a look if it is that important.

Good luck,

Mike
HSF
Year: 2013 PCX125esp
Color: Red

Post by HSF »

I have a Givi E300N2 on my '13 PCX.

Decent quality. Big enough to be useful (30 litre I think) - there are bigger ones available, though I agree with Mel46 that the really big ones would look a bit peculiar on the PCX. YMMV, though...
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I have a Givi 42 litre one on mine. It holds 2 helmets and in my opinion it doesn't look too big, in fact I have had numerous comments on how good it looks. It has the brake light for better visibility when stopping.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
AG6
Color: Black

Post by AG6 »

Thanks all for the input. Can anyone post pics? I think one helmet size is fine since I can put another one under the seat
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

This is the Shad SH45 on my Forza....

jon_l
Color: black PCX

Post by jon_l »

Givi Monokey V47, mounted using Honda's rack

black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Cool Ass Scoots! 8)
Let's see more topcases on yer PCX. I'm liking this. Make sure you give sizes too!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You