Leaving the United States, how much should I sell my PCX?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

RoederChan

Re: Leaving the United States, how much should I sell my PCX

Post by RoederChan »

gn2 wrote:
RoederChan wrote:Someone did offer me $1000 but this is way too low.
No it isn't.
You need to sell, so take the $1000 while you can before it becomes £750
I agree with you, gn2. But, the people who offer me $1000 did not reply to me anymore. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I am still waiting for people to give me an offer.
RoederChan

Post by RoederChan »

dkazzed wrote:$1500 is cheap. I'd ask more and entertain offers.
I am trying to do it but no one interested in my PCX.
They keep offering me $1000 something.
RoederChan

Post by RoederChan »

tbln930 wrote:I'll give you $500 delivered. :lol:
LOL. :D :D :D :D
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

RoederChan wrote:
Bash On! wrote:Tools cost around $20; you don't need a garage (especially as it appears you're in San Diego!); and the cost of the parts is much less than the hit you'll take selling it with that body damage.

All excuses; it's okay to say you don't want to be bothered doing it.
LOL. You got me! I am just afraid I cannot not put it back after I disassemble it.
Originally, I was asking for $2000 but people just saying that is too high and keep offering me $1000 something.
I feel like the modification I did is not valuable for them, and the miles is a bit too high for $2000.
And people here not really fond of getting a scooter. All the people interested in my PCX are asking whether it can go on the freeway.
Just feel that the market of scooter is pretty small in USA.
I'm with you, RoederChan; I wouldn't want to do it either.

Regarding the offers you're getting, you are right that the mileage is high. Used scooters can be found with barely any mileage (my PCX is 2 years+ old and only has 1200 miles, for instance). Good thing, though, is that you've gotten more money's worth out of yours than I've gotten from mine.

There seem to be several types of buyers, each with a different take on modifications: folks that want to do their own modifications, folks that don't know/don't care about the mods that are done to a bike, the folks that actually deduct for non-stock (me included) and, finally, those who appreciate the mods you've done and would want to make the exact same changes, anyway. It's only the last group that will pay extra for mods, and they're a rare breed.

Here in Texas, scooters don't seem to be big sellers, either. New, leftover 2013 PCX 150s are going for $2599 here. You're competing against that market, too. I bought a new, leftover 2013 Silver Wing scooter recently for $6000, down from a MSRP of $9300. Great deal, but in this local market I'd be lucky to find a buyer at $4,000 for it.

Good luck!
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Does it matter. Just be happy. Get the ferk out of Dodge
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

With gas at less than $2.00/gallon currently I'm afraid scooter prices are gonna be in a slump for awhile.

What you need RoederChan is a zombie apocalypse to hit - that would drive up the price of your scooter :D

See this thread for details:

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5153
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

RoederChan wrote:I am just afraid I cannot not put it back after I disassemble it. Originally, I was asking for $2000 but people just saying that is too high and keep offering me $1000 something. I feel like the modification I did is not valuable for them. And people here not really fond of getting a scooter. All the people interested in my PCX are asking whether it can go on the freeway. Just feel that the market of scooter is pretty small in USA.
Pretty much everything you say is spot on. Some have suggested asking $1,800, but that is only slightly down from the $2,000 which people weren't interested in. I think your $1,500 might be a better asking price.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
RoederChan

Post by RoederChan »

GatorGreg wrote:With gas at less than $2.00/gallon currently I'm afraid scooter prices are gonna be in a slump for awhile.

What you need RoederChan is a zombie apocalypse to hit - that would drive up the price of your scooter :D

See this thread for details:

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5153
LOL. I remember the time that the price of gasoline reach around $5 in Southern California.
People asking where did I get this scooter. I feel so good when they asking me.... lol :lol: :lol:

I will definitely keep mine if I am not moving back to my home country.
RoederChan

Post by RoederChan »

Bash On! wrote:
RoederChan wrote:
Bash On! wrote:Tools cost around $20; you don't need a garage (especially as it appears you're in San Diego!); and the cost of the parts is much less than the hit you'll take selling it with that body damage.

All excuses; it's okay to say you don't want to be bothered doing it.
LOL. You got me! I am just afraid I cannot not put it back after I disassemble it.
Originally, I was asking for $2000 but people just saying that is too high and keep offering me $1000 something.
I feel like the modification I did is not valuable for them, and the miles is a bit too high for $2000.
And people here not really fond of getting a scooter. All the people interested in my PCX are asking whether it can go on the freeway.
Just feel that the market of scooter is pretty small in USA.
I'm with you, RoederChan; I wouldn't want to do it either.

Regarding the offers you're getting, you are right that the mileage is high. Used scooters can be found with barely any mileage (my PCX is 2 years+ old and only has 1200 miles, for instance). Good thing, though, is that you've gotten more money's worth out of yours than I've gotten from mine.

There seem to be several types of buyers, each with a different take on modifications: folks that want to do their own modifications, folks that don't know/don't care about the mods that are done to a bike, the folks that actually deduct for non-stock (me included) and, finally, those who appreciate the mods you've done and would want to make the exact same changes, anyway. It's only the last group that will pay extra for mods, and they're a rare breed.

Here in Texas, scooters don't seem to be big sellers, either. New, leftover 2013 PCX 150s are going for $2599 here. You're competing against that market, too. I bought a new, leftover 2013 Silver Wing scooter recently for $6000, down from a MSRP of $9300. Great deal, but in this local market I'd be lucky to find a buyer at $4,000 for it.

Good luck!
Yes, you are right! I am not only competing with the market of brand-new scooter. I am also competing with those 250cc motorcycle. I will say they are very popular among the beginners.
RoederChan

Post by RoederChan »

you you wrote:Does it matter. Just be happy. Get the ferk out of Dodge
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RoederChan

Post by RoederChan »

kramnala58 wrote:
RoederChan wrote:I am just afraid I cannot not put it back after I disassemble it. Originally, I was asking for $2000 but people just saying that is too high and keep offering me $1000 something. I feel like the modification I did is not valuable for them. And people here not really fond of getting a scooter. All the people interested in my PCX are asking whether it can go on the freeway. Just feel that the market of scooter is pretty small in USA.
Pretty much everything you say is spot on. Some have suggested asking $1,800, but that is only slightly down from the $2,000 which people weren't interested in. I think your $1,500 might be a better asking price.
Thanks!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

RoederChan wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:
How about you offer gear? You can toss up a helmet or two with your jacket and pants, where you are heading you can buy back new for as much as you sell used here. Might be enough incentive to push someone up a few hundred.
Attachments
mac3.jpg
mac3.jpg (22.52 KiB) Viewed 846 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Point proven. Get the hell out of Dodge

Are you going to an educated civilised country?
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

you you wrote:Point proven. Get the hell out of Dodge

No, he's coming to Australia :lol: :lol: :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

JohnL wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoederChan

Post by RoederChan »

homie wrote:
JohnL wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL. I am going back to my hometown which is called Macau.
It is a city in China.

My hometown is full of scootesr. Almost everyone got themselves a scooter.

I found a clip that a guy riding scooter in Macau
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmbuWcNzARo

Scooter Grand Prix in Macau long time ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acHpcoz1NFc
RoederChan

Post by RoederChan »

homie wrote:
[/quote] How about you offer gear? You can toss up a helmet or two with your jacket and pants, where you are heading you can buy back new for as much as you sell used here. Might be enough incentive to push someone up a few hundred.[/quote]

I did not wear jacket, gloves and pants to ride my PCX. lol
It will come with a helmet, a cover and a tire lock.
But, does not make any difference. People expecting you give these for free. :roll: :roll:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

RoederChan wrote: I found a clip that a guy riding scooter in Macau
It's crazy town, LOVE IT!
We have lawyers so... there's that. Or I'm sure we could have crazy town too. Everyone so skinny, I thought you people had McDonalds now.
Attachments
mac4.jpg
mac4.jpg (12.71 KiB) Viewed 829 times
RoederChan

Post by RoederChan »

homie wrote:
We have lawyers so... there's that. Or I'm sure we could have crazy town too. Everyone so skinny, I thought you people had McDonalds now.
LOL. :D :D :D
Everyone is riding crazy. The most common brand of scooter is Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and brands from Taiwan.
We have McDoanlds for more than 25 years. Macau is just like Hong Kong if you know where is Hong Kong.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

RoederChan wrote:
homie wrote:
LOL. :D :D :D
Everyone is riding crazy. The most common brand of scooter is Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and brands from Taiwan.
We have McDoanlds for more than 25 years. Macau is just like Hong Kong if you know where is Hong Kong.
Hong Kong floats around doesn't it? China lets out the line a little then reals it back in. The great Chinese capitalist experiment far too successful to admit. And then there's this little fact that keeps getting in the way of environmental crazy's.

Hong Kong has a highly developed public transportation network covering 90 per cent of the population, the highest in the world, and relies on mass transit by road or rail. Air pollution remains a serious problem. Loose emissions standards have resulted in a high level of atmospheric particulates. Nevertheless, Hongkongers enjoy the world's longest or second longest life expectancies.... LOL