Might Have to Say "Goodbye" to My Buddy

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Branyers14
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: Red

Re: Might Have to Say "Goodbye" to My Buddy

Post by Branyers14 »

Forza feels like a monster at first when moving up from a 150. Three months in and it will feel nimble and almost inadequate. I am already contemplating a Burgman or a Silverwing.
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

Well, serves me right to post this in the Forza forum...

I just shook hands on a 2016 PCX, the grey one from the pictures.

The decision was not an easy one, but when it all came down to it, the PCX fits my current needs much better than the Forza.

Sure, I would love to do some extended touring one day, but for now, getting to and from work will be my "touring."

There is also one heck of an aftermarket, and with the difference in price, I can start looking at windshields/top cases/seats - and everything else.

Thanks everyone for you comments - I guess I have to cross over to the other side of the forum now...

Mike
Vesper2112
Year: 2014 Forza

Post by Vesper2112 »

Congratz on your new PCX! I had a very similar decision a little over a year ago when I was looking at either the PCX or the Forza. My singular goal was to get a bike that would get me to and from work (about 35 miles round trip). No highways on the way, but a couple places that the speed limit is 55mph. So either could do it with no problem, but potential highway travel tipped it for me. I've been riding a little over a year and I've only been on the highway a few times (which I'm grateful I had the Forza to tackle that). I've got a GIVI large shield and yeah... big difference from the stock Honda small shield. I still get wind on the helmet (unless I duck below the shield), but the noise hasn't bothered me.
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by tbln930 »

Branyers14 - I kept my PCX for camping and haul it but upgraded the Forza to a Suzuki V-Strom 650 adventure six months ago and it was a great decision. Now I am looking at the Honda Africa Twin 1000 adv touring when it comes out next year. You can't beat these adventure touring bikes for southern Missouri and the Ozarks. I see you are from Hannibal.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930