oil cooler

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

troy
Year: 2013
Color: red

oil cooler

Post by troy »

Has anyone put a true oil cooler on a PCX 150 or have you seen any photos of one on the scooter.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Re: oil cooler

Post by waspmike »

Someone :o will come on and tell you that you don't need one. :lol:

I think the first problem would be from where to tap off the oil to circulate through the cooler. Easy on a Honda Wave as there is a plate on the cylinder head where the oil feeds the camshaft. If you can solve the where from puzzle then...
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

You don't need one :) - people have done 10,000's on their PCX's and some have done major journeys across countries and racked up a huge amount of miles and had no issues. I would be more worried about dust in the air filter on long journeys and dusty roads / environments than anything else.
Check the oil, every now and then check and replace the air filter if it looks clogged up, enjoy :)
The more people mess with the scoot, the more can go wrong.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

unless you are crossing the Sahara you don't need one. But get one because you like the look, or you like mods, but don't think you need one. I have plenty of mods for this very reason: I wanted it.

But It always brings up the question, why would you need one if Honda did not think it necessary? They do put them on some of their other bikes, so they are not anti-oil cooler.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Jge64 wrote:It always brings up the question, why would you need one if Honda did not think it necessary? They do put them on some of their other bikes, so they are not anti-oil cooler.
Are these perhaps fitted on >125/150 - just larger CC bikes that get hotter and have more power?
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

The only stock bikes that have them are ones that are a combination of air and oil cooled, water cooled bikes don't have them.