Burgs for Mel & Mrs.

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Burgs for Mel & Mrs.

Post by fish »

For that nice old former Burgman rider Mel and his wife.
I read his post early this morning while on this photo/coffee outing.
Horrible news....saddens us all. Thanks for sharing.
Tom

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Burgs for Mel & Mrs.

Post by Mel46 »

I love those pictures. Thank you. It looks like it will be quite a long time before we will ride again. I can fix the bikes. Damage to each bike was around $1300. However, we just found out that my wife's shoulder area is broken in at least 4 places and will require surgery. We have no other insurance than the bike insurance, which we just discovered only covers $2,000 worth of medical expenses. We asked for $25,000 coverage but neglected to note that the medical coverage, if we don't hit any other vehicle, was extremely low. I have to put some blame on ourselves for not reading the policy very closely. But the State Insurance Commission put the medical limits that low in the first place, which is idiotic. Many motorcyclists crash trying to avoid other vehicles. That low of a limit would not even cover the Emergency Room visit. Well, we will work it out. Still, she won't be riding for quite a while, and we will probably have to use the insurance check to pay for the Emergency Room visit. The car insurance check from my wrecked SUV will also go that way. I will just have to fix the bikes as I can. Luckily winter is coming. Well, on the bright side, neither my wife nor I were the ones Life Flighted out of that accident, so we live to ride another day. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Get Obamacare now. I really dislike it but in this case I think you can apply.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

we are trying but the application window has closed. When she had applied previously the rate was unbelievable for her age and our income. Even with government subsidies it would have been almost $700 per month. That would have been more than a quarter of my monthly income, before taxes. Right now we would go ahead and pay the rate so that she could get surgery, but for pre-existing conditions the window is closed and if it were open the waiting time before it came into effect was 45 days. Tomorrow we are going to look into it further, though Monday would be a better day to call around. There is a state and a federal shopping place for coverage and I am not sure if both are closed right now or just one of them.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Yes - Obamacare is a real mess and the rules are very complex. I wish you and your wife the best.

What to Do if You Missed The 2015 ObamaCare Deadline of February 15th

If you missed the annual ObamaCare deadline of February 15th, you’ll no longer be able to get Minimum Essential Coverage in the individual and family market for 2015. This is true both inside and outside the Marketplace. Luckily there are lots of ways around this.

Here is what you need to know if you missed the 2015 deadline:
•You will owe the fee for each month you go without coverage or an exemption in 2015. The only way around this is to qualify for a special enrollment period due to qualifying life events, Medicaid, or CHIP.
•There is an Extra ObamaCare Enrollment Period for 2015 for those who owed the fee from 2014. This special enrollment period goes from March 15th – April 30th for 2015 only. An ObamaCare extension may be announced granting Americans who missed the deadline an extra open enrollment period around the tax season. This is a rumor, there has been no official announcement.
•Those who, for any reason, had trouble signing up may qualify for a short special enrollment period. See state run Marketplace deadlines for 2015.
•Those who got rejected for Medicaid or CHIP may qualify for a special enrollment period. You can enroll in Medicaid and CHIP 365 days a year.
•Short Term Health Insurance can be obtained outside of the marketplace through an Insurance Agent, broker, or provider outside of open enrollment. However, short term won’t protect you from the fee.
•Insurance types like Medicare and employer coverage have unique enrollment periods.
•If you missed the deadline for 2015, you should look into all of your health insurance options and possible exemptions.
•There are over 40 different qualifying life events and exemptions to look into.
•Consider Short Term to protect your health in the meantime. Consider special enrollment and exemptions to protect you from the fee and to help expand your coverage options.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930