Well my lovely PCX is no more. Rear ended at a stop light.

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Prehistoric_Dog
Year: 2015
Color: red

Well my lovely PCX is no more. Rear ended at a stop light.

Post by Prehistoric_Dog »

What a nightmare, Ambulance ride to the hospital with a broken leg and shoulder. Been off work for three months now. The only up side is that I just took delivery of my new Forza 125 in matt white (looks like somthing a storm trooper would ride). Funny thing is I wanted to by a bigger bike and my wife convinced me a scooter is better and safer for my daily ride to work. I guess there is no safe two wheeler when other road users drive and text.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Re: Well my lovely PCX is no more. Rear ended at a stop ligh

Post by sendler2112 »

Laws must change so that criminal charges result for injuries caused by texting.
Blubayou
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX125
Color: White

Post by Blubayou »

Sorry to hear that Dog, if you've been off three months it was pretty bad.

Hope you're bearing up well & get back on the road soon.

I think you're right on the money there Sendler, driver education is poor, if they were made to ride mopeds they'd understand a little more.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Well PDog, this is not what I expected to read when I logged on this afternoon. Not good, not good at all.
I like your attitude though, yer ready to ride again. I think the PCX is a smart move at this time (my opinion).

Story: I have a friend who is going through some trauma after being walloped in the rear of his Toyota RAV4. The vehicle was considered totaled and now a new Suburu Forester resides in his driveway. In the garage is a beautiful Kymco 300. Amazingly he's totally fine. Not a scratch, bruise or broken bone! Thank God. Ah but....fear moved in. This happened a few months ago.

Point is: it was scary getting behind the Wheel and back in the Saddle again....but it's happening. There's Nothing wrong with reflecting on what happened, learning from the experience, while in the process gaining some lost confidence. We'll be riding together by fall. I'm strategically working on that ;) Rides by the beach and shore are so relaxing. How can anyone say no? :P

Sorry to go off into StoryBookLand, I'm hoping you do what's best for "You." Heal thoroughly, choose your ride and rider as safe as you can. WN ;)

Screw You Folks that Text and Drive!! Eyes Up! Pay Attention! We Are Everywhere! Obey the Laws!
We Wanna Live, and Live We Must to Ride
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Prehistoric_Dog
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by Prehistoric_Dog »

I have been riding bikes since a young age and it was, unfortunatly not my first accident. All ways get back in the sadle. Hope you all have a great weekend
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

WhiteNoise wrote: Ah but....fear moved in.
A phrase or practice with which I am sure we are all familiar is that one has to get back on the horse. This is older than scooters but not prehistoric!