My parts came.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Seph
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Red

My parts came.

Post by Seph »

SO ... not long back I had my spill. Some cosmetic damage, through here I was able to source some cheaper than dealership parts. I ordered them, had them imported, paid the duty (which was pennies) and I have a big box of pretty new parts. I've now replaced my twisted break arm, handle bar caps and mirror.
Still got the panelling to do but thought I'd keep you all updated. Hopefully my phone will be working soon and I'll get some progress pictures.

Also, I thought I'd give anyone here first refusal on any of the damaged parts before I put them on ebay, won't want much for them; If you're any good at body work and don't want to buy full priced new parts and if they're any use to you please drop me a line.

I have: -
A left mirror with a scratched back casing, but the mirror itself is undamaged and would be useful to anyone who has a cracked one.
A twisted (LEFT) break arm, no use to anyone really. unless you like banana shaped breaks.
left and right black handle bar caps (originals) scratched left one undamaged right.
A smashed left front fairing (RED).
A right fairing with no damaged apart from an inch long scratch down to black plastic, easily filled and touched up, if you know what you're doing (RED). only replaced because I was already buying parts.

A left flake with chip out of the bottom (black)
A bottom fairing with scratches and chips (RED)
A grab rail fairing with small hardly noticeable scratch (RED). Only replaced because I was already buying parts.
The fairing contour that goes around the glove Box door. has a clip missing at back, still fits and doesn't cause any problems and doesn't move. Only replaced because I was already buying parts

Like I say I'll be putting them on ebay soon but first refusal is for you guys.
ADMIN, if I need to move this post please tell me, thanks.
Seph

Yamaha YBR 2011 Silver (MGE AKA Madge)
Honda PCX 2015 Red (A.K.A Fonda) *Deceased*
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: My parts came.

Post by WhiteNoise »

Seph, good news! Now the "fairing(s)" fun begins! Did you get some of those cheap plastic tool removers? They'll help if you did. Just take it slow and Good luck ;)

As far as your sale bits, that's very kind of you to consider us first. Yeah, why not place All the info you have highlighted in Red over in the "For Sale/Wanted" sub-forum.

Be sure to make mention of that change here, so readers can go there, and respond to you "over there." Did I make sense? Hope so. Your items will get more exposure that way. Cheers
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Seph wrote:SO ... not long back I had my spill. Some cosmetic damage, through here I was able to source some cheaper than dealership parts. I ordered them, had them imported, paid the duty (which was pennies) and I have a big box of pretty new parts. I've now replaced my twisted break arm, handle bar caps and mirror.
And since then scudder went off, but you show us how its done, great come back man! Can't wait to see the new work in pictures.
Seph
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Seph »

Hey White Noise, yep got my tools for peanuts of amazon thanks. Got to take I'm excited to get to work on the bike but dreading how long it's going to take. I'll edit this post and put the parts up on the selling part of the forum. cheers.

Homie, tbh I feel for the guy but i'm glad not to be top of that list :p.

Edit: - I can't actually seem to be able to edit my first post.. but I've posted in the selling part now.
Seph

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Great Seph, I saw the move over to the for sale board. And Yes, there is only a short window of time to edit a post. But you took care of it anyway, no problem.
Here's to someone buying your parts and making them new again! :P
As far as yer Tupperware job that lies ahead....good luck & if you have questions ask away.
Have a fun weekend ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

yep, really glad to see you're not letting your accident ruin your attitude. Fix it and forget it brother.
Seph
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Seph »

Hey, had a great weekend. It was my little ones first birthday. Big garden party a well stocked home made tiki bar and a bouncy castle.
Now all the fun is done with it's service time for my pcx. Then no doubt a lengthy fight with my dealership over my parts. been accused of buying fake or stolen parts when I informed them I imported them (via poweredbypcx.com). So I'm not happy with these guys.
Seph