It's Electric!

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: It's Electric!

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) How about a test ride?
Here's an Italian Electric Super Bike known as the....

Translogic 181 Energica EGO (<key word there) Electric Motorcycle

......"Get Down On It!" :P

Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Typical supersport riding position is comfortable for about... never. Notice how he has to ride through traffic with his left forearm laying across the tank.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

sendler, the super-sport position is not for this back, well not these days. In my younger body of yester year(s), I'd try it! Not buy it.
Electric's are on the move. I still like the Zero << ".....I'll be Watching You"

Is it Triumph that's rolling out one too? A big beast, I think?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

Harley is toying with an electric. And Polaris just bought out Brammo to build a race bike. Lightning just won the open motorcycle division at Pike's Peak with their electric super bike.
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

They're all quite interesting until I do the math.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:8) How about a test ride?
Here's an Italian Electric Super Bike known as the....
Translogic 181 Energica EGO (<key word there) Electric Motorcycle

No, No and NO! I do not want anymore enormous battery replacement costs like when I rode Segway. I see dual front disc brakes to maintain and 600 pound of motorcycle to balance on a little bike. Rubber will go faster, brakes will wear out sooner and you have limited range and recharge access on the road. Just burn the God given fossil fuel put here to use. What possible other reason could there be for the Jurassic period. Mother earth can handle it until we find a sensible cleaner source of energy have faith.... but it's clearly NOT batteries in there current form.

I will have batteries on my LARK when I get to the next phase of my evoluton
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

homie wrote: Just burn the God given fossil fuel put here to use. What possible other reason could there be for the Jurassic period.
Use as little as possible. Save some for later. They are going to need a mighty long extension cord on their tractors to grow enough food for 11 billion people when we selfishly blow through all the fossil fuel it took 500 million years to make in 300 years of use.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Part of a much grander design, meant to be and when its gone we will have something else. Have faith brother don't fall for scare tactics to drain your wallet and redistribute your wealth. All just smoke and mirrors that apparently many Americans have wised up too lately... Amazing!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

All smoke and no mirrors. There is no miracle coming for those who do nothing and wait. The fossil fuel will be essentially gone in 150 years. We need to take drastic measures now to find a way to live without it and use our current energy wealth to start building toward a sustainable future. All of our great cities above 40 North will be completely unihabitable in the winter when the fuel is gone.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

sendler2112 wrote:All smoke and no mirrors. There is no miracle coming for those who do nothing and wait. The fossil fuel will be essentially gone in 150 years. We need to take drastic measures now to find a way to live without it and use our current energy wealth to start building toward a sustainable future. All of our great cities above 40 North will be completely unihabitable in the winter when the fuel is gone.
That's fine sendler and I get what you are hoping but the second we ease off the gas half a dozen others will step on it while we go broke trying to feel good about ourselves in the hope it will last. This mentality is waning as too many get it now thanks to informed citizens watching other parts of the world plus experiencing first hand the recent over exposure of the (we are too guilty to prosper crowd). None of which has played well for America today or anytime soon in the future.

All I wish to add concerning (electricity for personal transportation push) is things change and something new will surface to sustain power, transportation, energy and food on this planet for a reasonable cost just in time to maintain the steady age old harvest of mankind ;) or it won't... and in the case of the later would actually be progress consistent with many peoples belief as well as my own.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
sendler2112 wrote:All smoke and no mirrors. There is no miracle coming for those who do nothing and wait. The fossil fuel will be essentially gone in 150 years. We need to take drastic measures now to find a way to live without it and use our current energy wealth to start building toward a sustainable future. All of our great cities above 40 North will be completely unihabitable in the winter when the fuel is gone.
That's fine sendler and I get what you are hoping but the second we ease off the gas half a dozen others will step on it while we go broke trying to feel good about ourselves in the hope it will last. This mentality is waning as too many get it now thanks to informed citizens watching other parts of the world plus experiencing first hand the recent over exposure of the (we are too guilty to prosper crowd). None of which has played well for America today or anytime soon in the future.

All I wish to add concerning (electricity for personal transportation push) is things change and something new will surface to sustain power, transportation, energy and food on this planet for a reasonable cost just in time to maintain the steady age old harvest of mankind ;) or it won't... and in the case of the later would actually be progress consistent with many peoples belief as well as my own.

Strangely I sort of agree with you. But will it be you that leads us to a new dawn.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Motor Officer's know how to catch a Bandit on their Zero DS-P's!
You have the Right to Remain S i l e n t
http://www.motorcycle.com/features/the- ... ilent.html
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (84.95 KiB) Viewed 2907 times
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Revzilla just did a review on the Victory Empulse. Sounds pretty cool (except for shifting. So 20th century.)! Read at http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/20 ... -tt-review
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (51.23 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeorgeSK »

Anyone else following the "Zero below Zero" blog? Aerostich, located in Duluth Minnesota (a very cold place for those of you not of US origin), got Zero Motorcycles to lend them a bike that they set up for all winter use. It has been pretty interesting, and also seems pretty successful (at least from the motorcycle's point of view). Check it out at http://www.aerostich.com/blog/zero-below-zero/

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

Aerostich USA rideable days map.
http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-ride ... oster.html
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Seen on TV's show Shark Tank and said to Launch in the U.S. Summer of 2016, (times a tickin')
here's a Tilting Electric Trike called "The Sway" (catchy name - hey "Sway?")
Lean baby, lean! Two upfront, one in rear (wheels!) :D

http://www.swaymotorsports.com

Watch the video on their site...this looks like Fun!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (100.92 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Let's get Back to Zero....
Is it time to buy?

Now offering: Federal Tax Credits (All 50 States) and State Incentives (not All)

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/incentives/

Plus they've added their "10th Anniversary" Zero DSR model to their stable (50 will be/are/were? Available)
Here she be :P
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (97.99 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Damn these bikes are soo appealing to me. I've stayed away from their website for sometime now.
But Bad Bad Me just returned!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeorgeSK »

I test drove a DS last year, and it was pretty magical. That particular model has a pretty high seat, so it's ergos were not exactly for me, but once I was going, it was an amazing ride. A gentle twist and in a couple of seconds I was going 50 mph (in a 35 zone) and didn't feel that there was a problem. No sound except for the tires and a bit of a whirr.

It is just too hard to justify that kind of money, though.

Anybody heard of Z Electric? http://zelectricvehicle.com/

sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

I actually rode in the Vintage Days Vetter fuel economy challenge with two zeros and two ZEV maxi scooters. So they do actually exist. I got 141 mpgUS with the CBR250R.
http://www.schultzengineering.us/events ... vmd-16.htm
PS.
In addition to the government incentives and the reduced pricing, Zero is offering a $1,000 cash back gift card with purchase calling it "free fuel for life".
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

GeorgeSK wrote:It is just too hard to justify that kind of money, though.
When you do the sums and look at total cost of ownership, if you do enough miles it can work out cheaper than an equivalent ICE bike.
I worked out that for my usage pattern buying a Zero would become cheaper than an NC750S after about 30 months or so.
But that was before depreciation was factored in, which is impossible for the Zero because there's no used market in them here.
My main reason for not buying one is lack of dealer support.
If there was a Zero dealer in town I would seriously consider one.
GeorgeSK wrote:Anybody heard of Z Electric? http://zelectricvehicle.com/
Someone on another forum who is extremely knowlegeable in electric vehicle technology and whos opinions I respect once warned me against buying one.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong