Tires and Grip PCX 125

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Tires and Grip PCX 125

Post by gn2 »

sendler2112 wrote:Actually, "most" find the IRC's quite adequate and never even bother to write anything about it. It is a big difference in the average persons opinion of adequate to the outliars who make comments like deadly, leathal. roadkiller, ect that a few seem to state. OEM tires just must be bad. Right? The new Michelin Pilot Street bias tires on the Yamaha R3 are getting picked on quite a bit in the press in comparrison to the long standing benchmark IRC road Winners on the CBR250R and the Ninja300 calling the Michelins sketchy.
I just handed an R3 demonstrator back after riding it for a week in wet and dry conditions commuting to and from work, did about 250 miles on it.
IMO the Pilot Street tyres are fine.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

I am finding my Michelins to be fine also but the canyon racers are prefering the IRC's. Even though there are those that would call them " IRC Road Killers". Now that there is something to compare them to, it appears they are not that bad after all.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Have to smile reading the forum. :) :) :)

The two topics that bring the most comments appear to be choice of tyres or what oil to use in your bike.

I also have strong thoughts on those two topics.

Even though I have only ever had IRC's on my bike. My thoughts are being influenced by the favourable comments on this forum re City Grips, not from personal experience.

I also add a moly product to my Penrite10W/40 synthetic oil (I live in the sub-tropics). It may be no better or worse than any other oil, but I'm satisfied there is no damage being done to my bike, and maybe a miniscule benefit.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

For all the IRC haters/ Michelin lovers. Tested on a 300 class sport bike so not exactly the same as the tires that come on the PCX but the IRC's were rated very highly.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/sport ... rage-video
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by djcat »

proteus wrote:Hi, I commute daily to downtown Lisbon and historical downtown Lisbon streets are cobblestone streets riddled with bumps, sewage covers and tram tracks. Ridding in these conditions is really hazardous, not to mention nerve-racking, specially with wet pavement. I'm thinking of changing tires to deal with this situation, because I almost crashed three times with the stock ones (the first two were in cobblestone roads, the third one my front tire got stuck in a tram track). What tires should i buy. Can I get wider tires? Will that help/solve the issue? In what size should I buy them? I don't really know much about these things, and the more I read about them, the more confused I get.

Nao confie em quem te diga que os IRC originais sao bons, isso vem de pessoas que nao sabem a diferenca entre um traseiro de uma vaca de um traseiro de carneiro...

Os IRC foram feitos para condicoes tropicais e quentes e para mercados asiaticos onde os consumidores nao tem dinheiro, portanto eles tem que durar mais e sao menos focados em aderencia.

A melhor coisa que podes fazer eh jogar os IRC fora e colocar um pneu de marca boa como Pirelli e Michelin. Pessoalmente eu jogei os meus IRC fora e troquei por um par de Heidenau alemaes de tamanho 100/90 para a frente e 120/70 para tras. Tenho muito mais estabilidade e poder de frenagem agora.

Just training my Portuguese skills :D
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 PCX 125
Color: matt black

Post by wojtek_pl »

Is this IRC vs. Michelin only or I can join with Heidenau K66 All Season ? :lol: :lol:

I do prefer Heideanu over stock tires.
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125